Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane

tumblr_mhz58bQDej1qbd6mpo1_500.gif

leino

Cipher
Kevin Manthei wrote the soundtrack to Vampire: Redemption. Most of it isn't something one would listen to on its own, but there is a special alchemy for me in Redemption between the music and the mood and the art style.

The basso profundo Orthodox chanting that recurs through the soundtrack really makes it.

Last edited:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Babies thinking Dark Souls is hard should play this shit.
INSTANT DEATH everywhere.
I need to finish this again.

It starts easy, but around level 8/9 there's suddenly instant death everywhere, birds and arrows that knock you off from disappearing platforms and generic enemies that parry your attacks. Unless you mean the optional paths, those are ridiculous from level 1. If I remember correctly the last boss battle has healing items that don't respawn, so it doesn't really matter how many lives you have, you only get one shot with some healing.

catfood

AGAIN
Captain Claw is the shit. Never could beat the last boss though, not even with cheats. Plus once you get to the undersea caves the game becomes ridiculously difficult.

Perkel

Arcane
Ys Seven (Famcom PSP game):

The Flintstones (SNES) - Unused Song 2 - i was like WTF this is amazing and why the hell this is in flinstone game ?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It seems it wasn't used and was only on the game jukebox. Basically it was only the music guy messing around with new toys and no relation to the game (from the comments).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom