Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
You can get the MIDI's here, as well as the LDS format version used in the game. The page explains how to play the LDS files in Winamp using a plug-in.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Replaying Nolf2 reminded me how great some of its music can be. Especially the alert theme in India.

So many different instruments in one track, and it doesn't even sound like a clusterfuck. Chaotic, sure, as it's meant to be, but everything works together perfectly. Especially love the short bass line :love:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Lords of the Realm II had some epic music (check out the 6:00 mark):

I particularly like the part that starts at 2:48.

Edit: replaced broken video link

Last edited:

made

Arcane
This is pretty cool. Apparently a remix album of the Majora's Mask soundtrack:

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Most of this is rather old, but I've discovered it just now. Google yields no results on the Codex.

He has some very un-codexian choices of games, but those songs I was interested in, I liked.
He should do an original Deus Ex song...

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I remember them for song "I suck at CoD", those songs are nice. Most of similiar stuff is more tryharder, shooting with curses and whatever.

Think I'm going to get around to playing this game again someday. It's the crowning achievement of NES hard games that I've beaten, actually defeated the last boss on my first try and my last life no less!

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
The Runescape soundtrack is severely under appreciated. Even though the game turned to complete shit about 8 years ago (and was probably already shit back then), I still have some really vivid memories of playing it Back In The Day. The soundtrack was really good at establishing the mood and atmosphere of a location.

Kamoho

Savant
The Runescape soundtrack is severely under appreciated. Even though the game turned to complete shit about 8 years ago (and was probably already shit back then), I still have some really vivid memories of playing it Back In The Day. The soundtrack was really good at establishing the mood and atmosphere of a location.

QFT. :love:

Lemming42

Arcane
On another note, I've been playing FTL again recently because I found a mod for it that changes pretty much everything and adds 91329012312 billion new events and sectors and etc (it's FTL Captain's Edition if anyone's interested) and only just now noticed how good the music is. Had to double post thanks to the 5-YouTube-embeds-per-post thing.

dunno lah

Arcane
Now I know these are actually covers, but if these games were ported to the NES, you can bet they would have sounded exactly like this:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom