Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane

Apogee :love:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I remember my first time with the Crusader : No Remorse, produced by Warren Spector (how mighty have fallen). I was so happy with it, but after loading a game there was a strange language. Nooooo, it's a french version, curse you all. Chargement rapide, sauvegarde rapide ;) ; but I beat it, not knowing the plot. Ah, good times. The music is another modtracker classic from Daniel Gardopee and Andrew G. Sega.

Repressed Homosexual

A local orchestra has released a game music orchestral CD, here is a medley from Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross. Really not bad. Though I don't understand why they're playing so much of the worst songs of these two albums (the Chrono Cross battle theme).

Tetris! Quite beautiful too.

And Angry Birds... but I'm not posting that!

made

Arcane
Replaying Bloodnet atm. I had forgotten how terrific the soundtrack was for this game:

For lulz, here's the PC intro:

It's really hard to choose from these soundtracks. But what's important about them, that even know, after so many years you can listen to them and :bounce:. And the original Unreal Tournament too.

Craig Conner made some excellent job doing soundtrack for Manhunt. You can feel the strong vibes of 80's horror if you really are into them. "Drunk Driving" is something that would easily come from John Carpenter (see "The Fog"). Excellent mix of ambient and distorting sounds, gloomy atmosphere at it's best.

Zetor

Arcane
Not sure if it was posted before, but I found Thunderscape soundtracks pretty amazing back in '95ish, especially since redbook audio wasn't all that common back then. It sounded all MAJESTIC and crap. (Hey, I was a kid - don't judge me :p)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What's this? Wizardry VII has a Roland MT-32/LAPC1 MIDI music option?

:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom