Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weidman goes to Scandinavia:

Grunker

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems a lot cooler than GamesCom. That place was advertising pumped up to the maximum, concentrated in an enclosed space.

You'd get onto the showfloor, see a bunch of people watching World of Tanks boothbabes on some stage throwing away swag occasionally, and you'd leave at the end of the day and see a lot of the same people still standing there.

That's when you knew you were witnessing the rock bottom of human civilization.

Last edited:

pippin

I don't know why so many people want toys. I mean, I guess having one figure of your favorite video game character could be ok, as long as it's small (like, Funko Pop small) and more of a novelty rather than a serious attempt at collecting shit. I feel maximum cringe when I see those shelves filled with toys. I'm 25 years old and those manchildren make me feel like I was 75.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
He keeps saying game is sooo bad and never tells what is bad about it?The sex scenes and some dialog are awkward yeah that make games sooooo bad.Also in the books all the casual sex makes perfect sense as Geralt can't have feelings(which is a central plot point throughout the series)and tries a lot of things just to feel something,but he does not.He is a monster.Last Wish is not part of the main saga if I remember right,Blood of the Elves of something is the first book.
And playing with over the shoulder camera ,get lost console peasant.:argh:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also in the books all the casual sex makes perfect sense as Geralt can't have feelings(which is a central plot point throughout the series)

Actually, Geralt HAVE feelings in books. He just don't want accept it (like every witcher, it is same bullshit as their codex of laws) and went cunt in the last books ("OH GOD I'M MONSTER LEAVE ME ALONE, I MUST FIND CIRI") I don't accept that these books exist. So fucking good series ruined.

Fuck Ciri.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe I remember it wrong,but in one of the book's ending when finds Ciri he finally feel some emotion,but later on dismiss that through talk with Yennefer or some monolog.Last 2 books , I agree,went too south for me too and that point is not strong in the plot ,but he was suppose to be that moral authority as a witcher and pass judgment because of his lack of emotions.Yeah Fuck Ciri

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Maybe I remember it wrong,but in one of the book's ending when finds Ciri he finally feel some emotion,but later on dismiss that through talk with Yennefer or some monolog
He does that constantly, though. It's something of a running gag in the early stories where either he or someone else will say that he doesn't have any emotions because he's a Witcher, only for him to take an action that's clearly driven by his emotions, even if he doesn't want to admit it himself.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
OK even if we as readers see that ,Geralt's motivation for all that casual sex(and pushing himself to extreme) is driven by his perceived emotionless and that is plot point in the saga.That was my comment on Super Bunnyhop's claim that he does that because it's "fantasy cliche","he is sterile and immune" and that is not in the book he read.(11:35)

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The reason Nathan, the one guy that was George's Co-host for a while, left or got booted out was a conflict of interest. Nathan wanted to do more LP's and the like and George wanted to be more journalistic and critical and focus on game journalism.

So hopping in here and giving my thoughts and also adding a bit, actually let me add that to the start of this because of how irrelevant it is.

So I've been watching this guys stuff for a while now myself. I'm not sure when, but I do assume I started watching his stuff in 2014. Just looking through his videos to gauge when I started, I make the guess I may have started around the time he uploaded his Wasteland 2 video. I at the very least remember getting a notification of his Far Cry 4 review on my phone because I am subscribed to the dude.

Pretty much I love this guy and his work overall. I honestly either agree with his opinions on things, or appreciate the effort he puts into his videos. His Metal Gear Solid videos are something I rewatch every month (and god dammit this guy needs to look over MGS4 and Peace Walker cause I really am interested in his opinions of both) and I totally will just pop up one of his videos and listen to it as background noise while I work on college work or some other shit.

I got no complaints on anything he says really but that may be because I don't really hold most of his opinion as proof of anything and more of just "Huh, that's an interesting idea and I agree/FUCKYOUYOU'REWRONGFAG"

His Witcher video has me doing to things. Right now, I admit to never having played any of the Witcher games (and also will admit a possibly fleeting library of RPG's that I have actually played [It's my hate of Bethesda which ties me here]) but I am really interested in playing it and it's sequel since I have both in my steam Library as a gift from a friend who looked at me and was like "You never played these games before?!" with surprise.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I once asked him about this on jewtube. This was almost two years ago.

sKR3ZQr.png

It's okay, Nathan is onto bigger and better things than George could ever hope to accomplish

Dexter

Arcane
"The good examples would be The Elder Scrolls"

Wat? That shit gets boring fast. If you want to make an Open World game "interesting" you should do the opposite of what Bethesda usually does with the generic and partly randomized world-building, quest- and NPC design. Gothic or The Witcher are much better examples.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

This video was garbage filler. "GUYS. SOMETIMES BIG GAMES CAN HAVE COMPELLING CONTENT. SOMETIMES IT'S FILLER." Ok, thanks George. Really needed an 8 minute video explaining this. A worse version of his Game Length video, which was a relatively recent one at that.

The Shenmu and Iwata videos were good. I'm pretty sure this was just hastily thrown together to get something out this week while he finishes up Twitcher 3 for its own video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom