Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another Russian indie post-apoc "RPG", with Copper Dreams color:

This game is an Indie Point'n'Click Action RPG with a unique real-time combat system.

It is easy to play, but hard to master. Use your abilities and variety of weapons to defeat enemies. Rely on armor or be quick enough to keep yourself in safety. Be stealthy or try to gundown everyone. Fight enemies at long-range or force them to engage in close quarters combat. ...Choose your own playstyle!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Another Russian indie post-apoc "RPG", with Copper Dreams color:

This game is an Indie Point'n'Click Action RPG with a unique real-time combat system.

It is easy to play, but hard to master. Use your abilities and variety of weapons to defeat enemies. Rely on armor or be quick enough to keep yourself in safety. Be stealthy or try to gundown everyone. Fight enemies at long-range or force them to engage in close quarters combat. ...Choose your own playstyle!

God hates Steam.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
With Copper Dream colors but without overrated pixel shit muh nostalgia my arse (nobody have nostalgia for ugly pixels, even Gobliiins! looks marvelous compared to modern try-hard crap).

Latelistener

Arcane
Tried it yesterday too. It's not really comfortable on gamepad either. Washed out visuals and shitty controls remind me of the PS2 era ports, and yeah, performance suck complete dick.

GrainWetski

Arcane

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Obscure arcade shooter Beach Head games (apparently based on an older C64 game) got Steam re-releases:

Saints Row 2 was great fun on the consoles, basically what I wanted GTA4 to be (I like the serbian dating simulator too but you can't fuck around as much). Maybe the PC is Dark Souls tier so it can ruin the enjoyment somewhat.

I almost didn't click on it because the logo made it look like it was a Hanna Montana and Cory in the House collection or whatever, not the fuckyeah NES Capcom games.

Since the fucking generic description doesn't bother listing the games properly, I had to look in the reviews:

-DuckTales (1989)
-Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (1990)
-Tale Spin (1991)
-Darkwing Duck (1992)
-DuckTales 2 (1993)
-Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (1994)

Extra modes: boss rush, time trial, museum (but no manual scans lol). Replays and leaderboard. Save state and rewind.

Some people seem to have problems with resolution and lag, others say it's a good port

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom