Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

Has there been any kind of sjw saltfest over this already?

Ninjerk

Arcane
What the fuck!

Edge of Twilight, lost in time since 2009 is gonna be released today.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489070/

I can remember the first trailer, this music guys, this music (credited to Mick Gordon)

Hopefully it won't be a shitty game now, but still the ambience should remain

Jesus, I thought that game was vaporware for sure. I think I started following it because one of the guys on the team worked on Dystopia or Neotokyo or something and ended up forgetting the name of it because it was in development hell for so long.

pippin

An article is barely a saltfest. I was meaning something like online campaigns to have the game removed or stuff like that, I wouldn't consider Hernandez an important person to see her opinion as something to get worried about.
If they can't do something like what they did when Hatred came out, then times are changing I guess.

I do wonder if Excidium II designed the character for this game...

Black

Arcane
There's your usual sex-negative crying on steam forums if you're into that.

pippin

Yeah, I'm kinda dissapointed. I wonder if th usual butthurt mobs are just normalized now or they just lost steam (hehe geddit).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I think they would cry way more if that was AAA title which would announced months before release. Lot of time to rumbling about too femine shapes...
But in this case? Game went almost unnoticable under their noses, when they noticed - shrugged. Why bother when there's ~1.5k owners only. When game aim at 100k or million - they unleash the fury.
And they get not paid for shitting on small indie studios.

nomask7

Arcane
Two Worlds is at a 90% discount (one euro now) on Steam.

It's a fun, quirky game - nay, gem - once you get used to the simplistic combat system.

pippin

Warning: steam versions have this dubious Topware DRM. This means you should register your product and you receive an ugly, cosplay-tier shield. I think this is related to the "Number of activations" drm variant.
Two Worlds 1 and 2 get discounted A LOT on Steam too.

nomask7

Arcane
Warning: steam versions have this dubious Topware DRM. This means you should register your product and you receive an ugly, cosplay-tier shield. I think this is related to the "Number of activations" drm variant.
Two Worlds 1 and 2 get discounted A LOT on Steam too.

Store purchased versions reward registration as well. You don't NEED to register. That is just nonsense. It's not DRM, has nothing at all to do with DRM. Jeez.

EDIT: I just bought the Steam version and played it a little. It didn't even ask me for a CD key, let alone registration. Either you are full of shit or they have removed these features at some point. Indeed, Steam website always tells you if a game has DRM, and if you look at the Two Worlds page on Steam, there's nothing like that mentioned there.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
If you talk about Two Worlds, there's always the hint at the perpetual RPG Champions Bundle:
Two Worlds II
Two Worlds II - Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC
Two Worlds Epic Edition
Septerra Core
Enclave
Gorky 17

for €1.99, all Steam keys.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Plus Two Worlds Epic Edition is currently available on GOG Connect for free if you own it on Steam

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I've always heard Dung Lords is shit? I've never actually played it, though.
TOP5 Worst RPG in the History of VideoGames.
Steam version is 4th release (there was original, then Collector's Edition and then MXXIII) and still feel like bugridden wonky low tier RPG from rusia
BTW. where is mah Wizards&Warriors ffs

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hello, Fellow Humans.

I, like you, enjoy breathing air, bipedal motion, having skin, and playing video games. Being a human requires a great deal of input and may result in circuit fatigue. For this, I recommend video games. Playing video games may heighten cardiac undulation, dilate optical sensors, and result in diaphoresis. These symptoms suggest a human like myself is feeling...

{System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("emotion.exe");
System.Reflection.Assembly thisExe;
thisExe = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
string [] resources = thisExe.GetManifestResourceNames();
Build.result = "happiness";}

Happiness. Video games result in happiness. Thus, fellow humans, prepare to download the Fellow Humans Sale. This is not a malfunction. Do not attempt to adjust your process servo. You too can feel happiness by saving the city, enacting your free will, and totally not being a robot.

Please note: humanity is terrifying. Do not be afraid. You are simply reacting to your human programming. There will soon be a patch to correct this behavior. Please check your model number to learn when this patch will arrive.

>>Sale does not require reboot and will shut down at 1475859600.*
>>*[Friday at 10:00 AM PDT]

http://store.steampowered.com/news/24638/

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've always heard Dung Lords is shit? I've never actually played it, though.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-dungeon-lords-ce.26941/

Enjoy this monocled LP instead.

dlords2008-10-2518-40-42-34.jpg

Well, Bradley was into furries from day one. He introduced dog-furries and cat-furries into Wizardry 6 as PC races, not to mention dragon-furries and lizard-furries (which ain't exactly furry, but oh well). By Wizardry 7, this fetish fantasy have expanded with the NPC rat-furries, spider-furries and rhinoceros-furries. Then, by Wizards&Warriors, his creativity led him to grand inception of elephant-furries, combining furdom with a tentacle fetish.

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom