Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Quest, a single character first person turn-based RPG, now available on Steam

xemous

Arcane
its an old mobile game for the blackberry

the pc port at the time crashed continuously

Electryon

Savant
Essentially a mix of Daggerfall, Morrowind, Might and Magic IV/V and Might and Magic VI....in other words, pretty fucking awesome....

Namutree

Savant
Well it seems in this game you can't just kill people or resist arrest. When I attack people it just goes, "You attacked innocent people, that's a crime!". They don't actually get hurt, then when I confront the guard it doesn't give me the option to fight, it just sends me to jail. WTF is this BS? Why can't I just kill people? The primary appeal of an rpg like this iws freedom, but this game doesn't seem to offer any. Screw this game. I'm getting a refund.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I want this game so bad but until it is available in gog I guess I will have to wait....

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got the lite version for free for the iphone (weird that there is none for the ipad) to try out.... And it is so fucking good!
It has their weird Might and Magic meets Daggerfall vibe going which is really charming, the combat is kind of basic but requires sone thought of which potions and spells use, lots of quests (mostly fetch & kill quests so far) and items but so far it is lots of fun
It is simply a well made game, the controls for the iphone seem optimized for the straight up position rather than the sideways but still it is such an amazing experience let alone for a smartphone but for a rpg in general; it even has proper day night cycle, mature themes (beign an european game), some actual C&C (should I kill the witch or let her bribe you) and better writing than most developers (basic but effective; none of that olde english prose bs) and honestly the most fun I have ever had with a snartphone based game (FF remakes and ports dont count)
Perhaps I even would suggest that the game might even work better as a phone game rather than a proper PC release since its limitations become more apparent given its origins, but I would recommend it to anybody here in the Codex... I simply cannot stop playing it and I am kind of looking forward to beign stuck tomorrow in the bank for a couple of hours so I can play some more

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I remember playing this when had my first and only iphone(3gs). it seemed pretty fun back then, tho really simplistic and touch interface sucked ass. Already picked it up for on steam. Runs and plays great. A++++ would buy third time.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Fuck, this looks really good, I have to wait a bit though I can't spend anymore money on games until the end of the month at the earliest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom