Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Queen is Dead! Conquer the Queen!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:desu:I'm so HAPPY I found this game! meltdown-oniichan knows best!
I'm not gonna spoil a damn thing, cause this game is too easily meta'ed. And we're still in the middle of demo. TURU BEREAVERS! We're HERE TO HELP OUR LITTLE QUEEN GROW UP! Ahem!

So yeah! Vote CAREFULLY! It's a CYOA of sorts. THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING.
:excellent:

Again, cheers to meltdown. You sir, are my light in the darkness. Without further ado...

rk.jpg
Once upon a time...a man named Frederick stole a powerful sword from the Holy Orders of Knights triggering a wild chase with a blonde- Wait, wrong game.

Once upon a time...

01.jpg

Lived a young girl named Elodie. One day, her mom died. This is her story...

02.jpg

elo.jpg
dad.jpg
I know it's hard to leave your school and all your friends, but I've arranged the best possible tutor for every subject. You'll have to work hard this year to prepare yourself before your 15th birthday, but I know you can do it. You'll learn quickly and you'll make a wonderful queen. It's what your mother would have wanted.
elo.jpg
THIS IS NOT WHAT MOTHER WOULD HAVE WANTED! She wouldn't have wanted to die and leave me.
rk.jpg
Kids say the darnedest things...
dad.jpg
No. She wouldn't. But shi- ahem, sometimes bad things happen. We have to pick ourselves up and carry on. All of Codexia depends on us. On you.
elo.jpg
*sigh*
dad.jpg
I will be here to guide you until your coronation, but the decisions you make are ultimately up to you. Come. Your maids are waiting.
rk.jpg
MAIDSSS? WHERE?!

Spoilers: There are none.

03.jpg

rk.jpg
REMEMBER FOLKS: The skills she learns will provide different choices in the ongoing plot. Learning the right skills can mean the difference between life and death!
rk.jpg
You also need to keep an eye on Elodie's Mood. With her mom's tragic death (which the game neglected to inform us of the true circumstances of, but let's call it tragic anyway.), Elodie isn't very happy right now. Diablo 3 thread confirmed that her long-awaited King of Hack and Slash is nothing more than a gold farm experiment and Hitman kills sexy nuns in a trailer video. Let's check out her mood in much more greater detail!
04.jpg

rk.jpg
I heard sex cancels depression....But I never tried it cause I'm a virgin, so I don't know! But I digress!
rk.jpg
Like real life, moods affect your ability to learn. Elodie's no different. Mood gives bonus as well as penalties to other skills.
05.jpg

rk.jpg
Skill are broken into four main categories - Social, Physical, Intellectual, and Mystical (PAY ATTENTION MAHOU SHOUJO-ers!)
rk.jpg
Inside these categories are skillsets, groups of three related skills. Obviously the trauma of her dead mom caused poor Elodie to have a complete mindwipe, rendering our poor 14 year old completely uneducated in any discipline. That must've sucked.
rk.jpg
Every week, Elodie can study TWO skills. Normally, she earns 2 points per skill for every weekday she studies. So if she studies History, she will earn 2 points x 5 days = 10 points. If she studies them TWICE (TWO classes a week remember?) she gets 20 points!
rk.jpg
Well, because she is currently depressed she has a -2 penalty to the Social skill set Conversation. This means she doesn't feel like talking to people right now. If she studies Conversation, she will earn NO POINTS! Since it's TWO minus TWO! ZERO!
rk.jpg
However, she has a +1 bonus to the Expression skill set. If she studies one of the Expression skills, she will earn 2+1 points per day. Which means 3 points per day! 15 POINTS for the week.
rk.jpg
Therefore, if Elodie takes the wrong class, she might be wasting her time and not learning as much as she should. The reverse is also true, if her mood encourages her to study, she will improve much faster than normal!
rk.jpg
OK, take note of her depressed mood now before choosing her classes for the week! Remember she can have TWO!
06.jpg

rk.jpg
Vote for two classes! Morning and Evening! Remember as the story goes, our dear Queen will go through mood changes and challenges. Sometimes she might cheer up due to her relatives visit, etc. Kinda like our childhood.
rk.jpg
At some point Elodie might meet challenges that she has to overcome with her skills! Failing to meet the requirement may have the consequences. This is a blind LP. So don't ask me, I'm clueless as well!
rk.jpg
OH! I ALMOST FORGOT: The game also has an option to hide the SKILL CHECK FAIL/SUCCESS do you want to keep this one? So vote on that as well, thanks! Now! Help her make up her mind, will you?

Vote on:
1. Morning class
2. Evening class
3. Do you want to know your skill check types and results?

:desu:Thank you!

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There's a bit too much stats to vote upon, I think. We might end up with a dozen different votes each voting for a separate class. Voting is best if there are only a few choices. I think we could either vote for an overall queen-building plan (warrior queen? socialite?) or only offer a few specific classes that you pick at every choice.

corvus

Arcane
Yeah, treave's got the right idea. And I vote for morning classes first, she must appear strong to her subjects and carry on her studies without delay.

Our queen shall be the most :obviously: queen in all of this kingdom's history!

RK47

Patron
majority wins brah. im willing to wait, since i can just poll which is most pop and 2nd most pop pick.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
There's a bit too much stats to vote upon, I think. We might end up with a dozen different votes each voting for a separate class. Voting is best if there are only a few choices. I think we could either vote for an overall queen-building plan (warrior queen? socialite?) or only offer a few specific classes that you pick at every choice.
9666.jpg
5185.jpg

I guess she'll need lots of Agility:Flexibility for what is to come if my limited understanding of the genre is correct. Let's go for that.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, treave's got the right idea. And I vote for morning classes first, she must appear strong to her subjects and carry on her studies without delay.

Uh...u never specified what class to take in the morning.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

It's not a choice between morning and evening classes. :lol:

Anyway, looks like RK-oniichan knows how he wants to go about it.

Morning- Expression: Voice
Evening- Animal Handling: Horses

No queen is complete without horse-riding skills.

Vernydar

Learned
Uhm, as much as I am kind of interesting, wouldn't it be better to wait for the full version, which I think should not be out much further?

corvus

Arcane
It's not a choice between morning and evening classes. :lol:

Oh right, I knew that.

Then let's go with Expression: Voice for morning, and animal handling: horses for evening classes. Just so there's not one vote for completely different things from every one.

No queen is complete without horse-riding skills.

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%82_%D0%95%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B_%D0%92%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9._1762.jpg

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Appalling game. And yet... Strangely intriguing.

Expression has a bonus, sure, but it is largely useless for a Codexian Queen.

I say we make her a Warrior-Shaman aspie, since it is the most fitting choice.

As such:

1. Faith: Divination
2. Military: Strategy

RK47

Patron
Uhm, as much as I am kind of interesting, wouldn't it be better to wait for the full version, which I think should not be out much further?

When the full game is out, I'll just pay the full price and register to proceed onwards.

lightbane

Arcane
She needs to be a powerful sorcerer if we want to enslave nations with necromancy. For the moment though:
1. Faith: Divination
2. Military: Strategy

Also, I do vote for knowing the skill checks results, that image of yours of the Codex being hardcore C&C lovers was shattered when Derpblo 3 was admitted as a rpg.

Project: Eternity
I cannot believe that I am replying to this, but she should do expression in the morning, so she can become more charming and animal handling in the afternoon so she can get cheered up by being around horses.

spekkio

Arcane
I'm gonna follow this only if there's some explicit content.

:rpgcodex:

Skills don't matter since jRPGs are all about grind anyway.

:troll:

RK47

Patron
I cannot believe that I am replying to this, but she should do expression in the morning, so she can become more charming and animal handling in the afternoon so she can get cheered up by being around horses.
Don't be shy. There's nothing wrong.

Skills don't matter since jRPGs are all about grind anyway.

Not voting, spekkio :( ?

RK47

Patron
Also, I do vote for knowing the skill checks results, that image of yours of the Codex being hardcore C&C lovers was shattered when Derpblo 3 was admitted as a rpg.

But bro! They've fripped fropped. They've seen the light man. The battle is won. The Refunds and War Reparations can begin. Nao.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom