Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This has to be the worst modern take on a game ever. Trying to come up with something.. maybe the latest Sim City game was worse?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's so hard. Remake D1 or D2 with modern graphics. Hell, don't even claim to make anything new and I bet people would buy it in droves.

vaultboy101

Novice

I would TOTALLY be able to replicate that entire video in game and show it to you all, if only Stinky Pete hadn't put that NDA.

And if only they had larger maps, and if only explosions dealt knockback, and if only you could spectate and record demos, and if only there were acrobatic obstacles that required more than just double jumping in a straight line, and if only I could see what the fuck was going on underneath all the HUD elements and dancing watermark. But who needs any of that when you've got gamepad support and you're adhering to the franchise DNA?

Astral Rag

Arcane
d1vRDji.gif

And unbutchered Quake looks even better.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The rocket launcher has a detonate button, which offers a great second chance for people who miss their shots but still want to do some damage when they use a gamepad. Or even for Eurotrash like me, who still play on PC and experience stuttering mouse input.

:lol:

Ok, honest question. Who made this alt ?

vaultboy101

Novice
Yes, they are. They just happen to be in first person.
Yes, they are QTEs, but it's unfortunate because they're optional, and in practice players don't use them often. If you miss that QTE, which I don't think is obvious enough yet, then you miss that extra cool, hardcore violence that Doom is known for.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Optional my shit. What happens if you get shot while that animation is playing?

vaultboy101

Novice
Optional my shit. What happens if you get shot while that animation is playing?
I honestly couldn't tell you, because everyone just keeps using rockets like it's Battlefield or something instead of TRUE DOOM. I imagine that, like in any good Doom game, you become temporarily invulnerable when performing a cinematic takedown.

Caim

Arcane
I honestly couldn't tell you, because everyone just keeps using rockets like it's Battlefield or something instead of TRUE DOOM. I imagine that, like in any good Doom game, you become temporarily invulnerable when performing a cinematic takedown.
Good DOOM games have cinematic takedowns? Huh, I must've missed that one in DOOM 1.

Caim

Arcane
To be fair, that came from a new Codexer who's been shilling so much he'd be a millionaire if he had kept it to himself.

Cadmus

Arcane
To be fair, that came from a new Codexer who's been shilling so much he'd be a millionaire if he had kept it to himself.
I believe that was sarcasm as well.
You make a pretty good newfag, giving the 2013 vintage a bad name.

Cadmus

Arcane
Funny thing is. he is obviously trolling, but I can easily imagine people on GameFAQs or NeoGAF writing some of that shit with 100% honesty.
It's like that old marketing phrase that goes something like "bringing modern features and streamlining the accessibility while staying true to the game's roots"
It's all shit that has nothing to do with reality but people still repeat it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
You people really have no sense of humour or sarcasm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom