Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh yeah, Quake 4 was pretty bad, way worse than Doom 3 I'd say. It's odd that Raven could develop something this fucking boring.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Quake 4 was very competent, eons better than Doom 3. Or Unreal for that matter ;)

In fact I'm thinking of starting it over someday. Lost my old savegames.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's pretty good, just nowhere near Q123A level. Thing that sucked most in it was...music.
Speaking of shit music, what's up with the music in Doom 4? It's composed by Mick Gordon, who did the music for Killer Instinct and Wolfenstein: TNO, both OSTs being pretty good.
Then I hear this:
It sounds like OCRemix garbage compared to the original MIDI soundtrack. It relies too much on the bassline, sounds very repetitive, and just has too much shit going on in the background. Everyone remembers the guitar from At Doom's Gate and how they rocked out your mind. This version reduces it to Sega Genesis-tier farts.

My biggest issue with it is that Mick Gordon does seem to understand how to make good metal, as is evidenced by his Cinder's theme from Killer Instinct
So why did he choose to pick something in style more similar to TNO instead of the good ol' metal? The Wolfenstein franchise didn't really have any noteworthy soundtracks, so TNO did stand out as something nice with the distorting guitars, and they fit the alt. history Nazi oppression theme very well. But Doom and Metal are like a fat person and ice cream, they're inseperable, and everybody knows why. Metal is a better choice for the classic Doom carnage, rather than some generic tripe that belongs in a movie trailer. This is the one of the only tracks of the Doom 4 available to the public, so maybe the other tracks will turn out better, although history taught me this is almost never the case.

Alfons

Prophet
That's an easy fix. When you're playing turn off the game volume and play this:

Then take the next step, turn off the game and play this:

T. Reich

Arcane
Speaking of shit music, what's up with the music in Doom 4? It's composed by Mick Gordon, who did the music for Killer Instinct and Wolfenstein: TNO, both OSTs being pretty good.
Then I hear this:
It sounds like OCRemix garbage compared to the original MIDI soundtrack. It relies too much on the bassline, sounds very repetitive, and just has too much shit going on in the background. Everyone remembers the guitar from At Doom's Gate and how they rocked out your mind. This version reduces it to Sega Genesis-tier farts.

My biggest issue with it is that Mick Gordon does seem to understand how to make good metal, as is evidenced by his Cinder's theme from Killer Instinct
So why did he choose to pick something in style more similar to TNO instead of the good ol' metal? The Wolfenstein franchise didn't really have any noteworthy soundtracks, so TNO did stand out as something nice with the distorting guitars, and they fit the alt. history Nazi oppression theme very well. But Doom and Metal are like a fat person and ice cream, they're inseperable, and everybody knows why. Metal is a better choice for the classic Doom carnage, rather than some generic tripe that belongs in a movie trailer. This is the one of the only tracks of the Doom 4 available to the public, so maybe the other tracks will turn out better, although history taught me this is almost never the case.

Don't worry, it's just a trailer rip!
The final version will feature the dubstep breakdowns and elements of trap music, as to best please the core audience.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
How DOOM Combat Will Test Your Skills

From E3, but released by Bethesda yesterday. Nothing new, only the "good" old shotgun on skateboard thing.

Alfons

Prophet
"There's always 4 or 5 guys"
:lol:
Technology really developed over the last 22 years to actually allow 4 or 5 guys to be on screen at the same time.
:salute:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
2490982.jpg

Black

Arcane
R00fles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom