Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Aside from the intro and the end It feels almost like ME1 where the reapers are just a distant threat. They are indeed stupid as fuck in the game when you DO see them. They didn't do anything about the citadel until the very end and the few times you face them they only send those ground variants one at a time after Shepard.

TIM who's now some CONTROL AND POWAH caricature gives the impression that HE is the main villain.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
http://www.gamefront.com/rumor-mass-effect-3-dlc-the-truth-due-in-april/

An anonymous poster has added additional commentary on the image that not only purports to clarify what happened with ME3′s ending, but makes almost unbelievable claims about BioWare’s DLC strategy.
The ending was half-assed because of the leak. They changed it at the last minute so they could have more time to prepare the real ending via DLC.​
It’s called The Truth and it’s being released in April or May. You WILL be able to continue the story if you picked any of the endings. Your decision during that sequence will have a big effect on your ending of The Truth. The Truth adds two new sets of enemies, new classes, and multiplayer maps including “Firebase Hive”, which is a small area of the last remaining collector ship included in the DLC, which, by the way you should definitely bring Javik the Prothean along if you have him.​
The picture here shows some of the leaked multiplayer classes and races. One race that isn’t shown is the Prothean Adept and Vanguard. This DLC also enables the ability for owners of the preorder and From Ashes DLC to find their DLC weapons in reinforcement packs.​
All that content, and this might as well be labeled an expansion pack.​
And it’s free.​
You’re welcome.​

Highlighted what I believe is the key word.​
Personally I would have highlighted "rumor". I hope I am not the only one here that thinks "You're welcome." is better not Biowares attitude. If I were a Biodrone I would consider all that as the MINIMUM NECESSARY so that Bioware can START getting my trust back. It is not a favor for the fans it is damage control.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
They have been in an abusive relationship for years now. If they haven't jumped ship yet, we'll see them stumbling around for years to come. Their bruises will be hidden by turtleneck sweaters, and their black eyes will be explained by "walking into a door." It's sad, poignant and strangely soothing to see it play out like this. All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
bestblue.jpg

Blue ending is best ending

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
It would be glorious if they attempted to charge for that shit....
Or if they reveal they planned all of it that way, which I really hope they didn't, because that would be so utterly mindfuckingly stupid.

hiver

They cant dig themselves out of this one either way. Well... they do have one of the most retarded audiences that would take anything just to take the pain away and salvage their emotional investment into that shit.
I meant to say it would be glorious to see repercussions ... although these last dozen or two pages already provided me with a hefty dose of healthy lulz.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ME3 is failing even more now, in my eyes, than its predecessor (ME2) when it comes to a replay.

In ME3, over 80% of the cutscenes (and by cutscenes I mean the pre-rendered ones along with the in-game acshun scenes) are not skippable, even in the so called Action Mode, which makes coming back to the game for simply popping some moles an annoyance.

So, in a nutshell, BiowarEA not only failed at telling their own story, but they also failed in every other regard. From mediocre to shit to worst than Gamebryo animations, with terribly looking graphics (ME2 didn't look this bad), and on top of all that it's even inferior to CoD, the very game they wanted to achieve similar gameplay and pacing, because it fails at being an action game.

hiver

I dont know...i barely made it through to the end of the first, laughing my ass off at the stupidity of it. Tried demo of M2, and i mean the real demo because i coudnt be bothered to get the full version at all and :rofl deleted: it after one mission (the one where you get jack i think).
reading these pages here was more fun than any of it.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Trashy Swedish Tabloid apparently compares playing Mass Effect with rape (being violated), BSN acts like BSN. Lulz aplently.

Moonshadow_Dark wrote...

I don't care. You don't use that word when describing something so trivial in comparison.​

There are things you just do not say or do.​

Like saying
People in Sweden are messed up in the head. That is not a joke. That is a serious situation.

There a things you just do not say or do.
So next time, I strongly advise you to mind what you say, before criticizing someone else. Especially when you are so blatantly rascist.
And even if I agree using the rape word everywhere is wrong, being rascist is also wrong.

Guy rages against Swedish article, insults Swedes (looking racist in the process).

:thumbsup:

Thread spirals into a debate that would make Andhaira proud (getting raped or kicked in the nuts so that you can't have children, which is better and why? DISCUSS!).

THEN we get a legal debate as to whether "rape" is an appropriately legal way to describe Mass Effect 3.

Legal Definition of Rape: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/rape.html

I would also like to add as a cautionary note that the people using this word are falsely accusing BW/EA of a crime.

Legal Definition of Slander: http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/slander/

I would recommend choosing a different word to express your anger.

THEN it goes off in some weird direction I don't care to get into.

Here's the fault with your logic:

1. It was skinheads that were arrested. They had a motive in real life. They most likely had weapons. They probably were serious about it.
2. If a random kid on the internet makes a comment that is anti-Obama on Youtube, do you seriously believe he'll be arrested?

If you go to any open discussion site or even read Youtube comment videos, you'll see a lot of threats. Threats are only serious when there is a real life correlation. The people arrested were skinheads. The CIA probably found weapons. So, they took the threat seriously. Same thing if a person starts talking about terrorism and promoting ideas. He'll be tracked and caught. On the other hand, you can insult Obama's wife, his children, his family, whatever - the CIA can't and won't come after you.

:hmmm:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Trashy Swedish Tabloid apparently compares playing Mass Effect with rape (being violated), BSN acts like BSN. Lulz aplently.

Moonshadow_Dark wrote...

I don't care. You don't use that word when describing something so trivial in comparison.​

There are things you just do not say or do.​

Like saying
People in Sweden are messed up in the head. That is not a joke. That is a serious situation.

There a things you just do not say or do.
So next time, I strongly advise you to mind what you say, before criticizing someone else. Especially when you are so blatantly rascist.
And even if I agree using the rape word everywhere is wrong, being rascist is also wrong.

Guy rages against Swedish article, insults Swedes (looking racist in the process).

:thumbsup:

Thread spirals into a debate that would make Andhaira proud (getting raped or kicked in the nuts so that you can't have children, which is better and why? DISCUSS!).

THEN we get a legal debate as to whether "rape" is an appropriately legal way to describe Mass Effect 3.

Legal Definition of Rape: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/rape.html

I would also like to add as a cautionary note that the people using this word are falsely accusing BW/EA of a crime.

Legal Definition of Slander: http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/slander/

I would recommend choosing a different word to express your anger.

THEN it goes off in some weird direction I don't care to get into.

Here's the fault with your logic:

1. It was skinheads that were arrested. They had a motive in real life. They most likely had weapons. They probably were serious about it.
2. If a random kid on the internet makes a comment that is anti-Obama on Youtube, do you seriously believe he'll be arrested?

If you go to any open discussion site or even read Youtube comment videos, you'll see a lot of threats. Threats are only serious when there is a real life correlation. The people arrested were skinheads. The CIA probably found weapons. So, they took the threat seriously. Same thing if a person starts talking about terrorism and promoting ideas. He'll be tracked and caught. On the other hand, you can insult Obama's wife, his children, his family, whatever - the CIA can't and won't come after you.

:hmmm:

One of the biggest Journal entertainment papers, in Sweden, Aftonbladet (although the worst one) has written an interesting article regarding mass effect 3, and unlike those other sites that was given money from EA to give the game a 10/10 this newspaper claims it felt like being violated. Although most of they journalism comes from taking other quotes and claims from other sites, peoples comments and vice versa, i think it was funny they could make money telling the Swedish people how bad this game actually was.

The op said that 4 hours ago and the whole thing has been END OF RHINE'd and the op has been DING DONG BANNU'd yet?

Priestly the Hut and Stanry Roo are losing their touchM:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I like how this is considered "appropriate discussion" on the BioWare Social Network while threads and posts that criticize the game are locked, deleted, and their posters banned.

hiver

lulz continues... hey guys... thanx for bringing in all this good stuff.
Incline in codex levels of good humor definitely.

Monocause

Arcane
As far as I'm concerned, if you think DA1 is an amazing game and GOTY material, it's the first game you've ever played. Whilst getting sucked by a hooker. As another hooker sticks her tongue up your ass. And a third one lets you eat her ass. And a fourth one is actually doing all the playing.

This sounds hot. Joining BSN momentarily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom