Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
As much as I love to bash on Bioware, I think you're all greatly misunderestimating Bioware's creativity level. The alien boinkahontus won't be blue or green - those've been done to death. No, they'll be pink.

And they will have a totem animal. And shapeshift at will.
It will be a struggle between a multi-billion-credit company hiring a bunch of mercs to take over a lush planet, rich with energy to exploit and is in the center of a 3 way contest of super powers.
Only with the help of the player can the Soularians survive this conflict and find their place in the Galaxy.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As much as I love to bash on Bioware, I think you're all greatly misunderestimating Bioware's creativity level. The alien boinkahontus won't be blue or green - those've been done to death. No, they'll be pink.

It will be a struggle between a multi-billion-credit company hiring a bunch of mercs to take over a lush planet, rich with energy to exploit and is in the center of a 3 way contest of super powers.
Only with the help of the player can the Soularians survive this conflict and find their place in the Galaxy.

Chodohabat1.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ah yes, Czerka corporation plot with Kashyykk.
Space Africa - Blud Diamons.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was actually referencing the Telos plot from KotOR II because this:
is a p. exact summary of it.

Zeriel

Arcane
Inquisition is outstanding, so moving towards it with ME3's gameplay sounds fantastic.

Seriously, this is a plus, not a minus. I just finished my second 100+ hour playthough of Inquisition and I'm still finding new things.

Lmao, fucking Neogaf is worse than Plebbit.

Btw, those quotes are just the tip of the iceberg, I omitted the really insane shit, like some guy who claims to have "440 hours" (!) over nine (!!!!!) playthroughs. Like, holy shit, I thought I was an autistic faggot, but apparently there are people who actually enjoy stacking their trains--excuse me, DRM points.

That's the most egregious thing about the Ubisoft Game model, not that there's tons of trivial side activities that are optional, but that those activities are so fucking pointless. If Assassin's Creed rewarded all the busywork with new mechanics or weapons or fuck ANYTHING that changes moment-to-moment gameplay they'd be fantastic, but instead it's always just some cosmetic point value or checklist in the options that increments one by one and doesn't actually do anything, participation ribbons in grade school had more substance than this.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

If they can shapeshift into Scarett Johanson would bang 10/10 :D

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

They can, and they do, but they retain their original species' 23-inches, bone-ribbed dick. Would you, then?

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I omitted the really insane shit, like some guy who claims to have "440 hours" (!) over nine (!!!!!) playthroughs.
"This is Commander Shepard, reporting from a nuthouse."
:avatard:

Well, a nuthouse is exactly what the Normandy is, as we all know only too well.

*cue Sanford&Sons theme*
Slide in big 90's title "Galactic Space Asylum Normandy".

Inquisition is outstanding, so moving towards it with ME3's gameplay sounds fantastic.

Seriously, this is a plus, not a minus. I just finished my second 100+ hour playthough of Inquisition and I'm still finding new things.

Btw, those quotes are just the tip of the iceberg, I omitted the really insane shit, like some guy who claims to have "440 hours" (!) over nine (!!!!!) playthroughs. Like, holy shit, I thought I was an autistic faggot, but apparently there are people who actually enjoy stacking their trains--excuse me, DRM points.

That's the most egregious thing about the Ubisoft Game model, not that there's tons of trivial side activities that are optional, but that those activities are so fucking pointless. If Assassin's Creed rewarded all the busywork with new mechanics or weapons or fuck ANYTHING that changes moment-to-moment gameplay they'd be fantastic, but instead it's always just some cosmetic point value or checklist in the options that increments one by one and doesn't actually do anything, participation ribbons in grade school had more substance than this.
Yeah, I've tried to read that thread, but way too many people there are clinically insane. For example:
dZ2yZTr.png

pippin

After careful examination, people who spend 3x the ammount of time it takes to complete a game must be struggling to find the perfect camera angle to masturbate to their waifus/husbandos/whatever, in my opinion.

It's a struggle and the struggle is real.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
After careful examination, people who spend 3x the ammount of time it takes to complete a game must be struggling to find the perfect camera angle to masturbate to their waifus/husbandos/whatever, in my opinion.

It's a struggle and the struggle is real.

Still easier than finding the right camera angle to bate to Xenia on the N64 version of Goldeneye. That required considerable effort.

ArchAngel

Arcane

They can, and they do, but they retain their original species' 23-inches, bone-ribbed dick. Would you, then?

It is no longer Scarlett Johanson than, is it?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

Well, how do you know? Have you actually felt the real S.J. up? For all we know, she might have a dick.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well, how do you know? Have you actually felt the real S.J. up? For all we know, she might have a dick.
There are naked scenes from a movie of her. She has none :P

Arulan

Cipher

To be fair, GAF is very console and "AAA" oriented community, and it isn't surprising to see people express some rather... poor opinions on the subject of RPGs. The cRPG community there is rather small in comparison. That said, even for console-focused players who have never played more than a handful of games from the Codex's Top cRPG list (as an example), they should have enough of a standard to differentiate between KotOR-Mass Effect-Dragon Age: Origins level BioWare and the Dragon Age 2-Mass Effect 3-Dragon Age: Inquisition indefensible-level they're at now. Just wait until Fallout 4, even if it turns out like 3, or fails to acknowledge the design improvements from New Vegas, it'll still likely get praised to GOTY-heaven.

Zeriel

Arcane

To be fair, GAF is very console and "AAA" oriented community, and it isn't surprising to see people express some rather... poor opinions on the subject of RPGs. The cRPG community there is rather small in comparison. That said, even for console-focused players who have never played more than a handful of games from the Codex's Top cRPG list (as an example), they should have enough of a standard to differentiate between KotOR-Mass Effect-Dragon Age: Origins level BioWare and the Dragon Age 2-Mass Effect 3-Dragon Age: Inquisition indefensible-level they're at now. Just wait until Fallout 4, even if it turns out like 3, or fails to acknowledge the design improvements from New Vegas, it'll still likely get praised to GOTY-heaven.

I have a very hard time telling whether or not some of the posts are plants, or people hyping up/disguising their real feelings in hopes of getting devs to post, knowing that there's a lot of industry types who hang around the forum.

Some of the more obscure threads are okay, though, like anything started by Durante.

Arulan

Cipher
I have a very hard time telling whether or not some of the posts are plants, or people hyping up/disguising their real feelings in hopes of getting devs to post, knowing that there's a lot of industry types who hang around the forum.

Some of the more obscure threads are okay, though, like anything started by Durante.

Plants? I doubt it. It's just a large community, and plenty of hype-driven-AAA enthusiasm. The obscure threads, as you pointed out are largely fine because they're about cRPGs, PCs, and other topics which tend to filter out the console-AAA focused masses.

Anyways, GAF has its place, but the Codex is the place for intellectual discussion on RPGs with refined and prestigious gentlemen.

:martini:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Post CGI, anyway

Zeriel

Arcane

Plants? I doubt it. It's just a large community, and plenty of hype-driven-AAA enthusiasm. The obscure threads, as you pointed out are largely fine because they're about cRPGs, PCs, and other topics which tend to filter out the console-AAA focused masses.

Anyways, GAF has its place, but the Codex is the place for intellectual discussion on RPGs with refined and prestigious gentlemen.

:martini:

Well, in any "community" where you have a large number of developers posting and they actively cultivate a "get out, plebeians!" atmosphere, I kind of expect plants might actually exist rather than just be conspiracy bullshit, it's a place ripe for shilling. There's definitely a very thin line between "plants" and people who willingly do volunteer PR for companies in hopes of attracting developers to talk to them, however. Maybe not a line at all.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

Ever heard of post-production? XD

Malpercio

Arcane

Yeah, I've tried to read that thread, but way too many people there are clinically insane. For example:
dZ2yZTr.png

A lot of people just play AAA games, they probably think Fallout started with 3 and Planetscape: Torment is a thing.

It's not really that shocking. I mean, it is, but you get used to it.

That too. Though, I do remember DA:I getting a lot of flanks recently even there. A lot of LTTP threads were mostly people complaining that playing the game felt like a drag.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014895

I assume people taking part in a ME4 survey are mostly hardcore Bioware fans.

Last edited:
A lot of people just play AAA games, they probably think Fallout started with 3 and Planetscape: Torment is a thing.

It's not really that shocking. I mean, it is, but you get used to it.

That too. Though, I do remember DA:I getting a lot of flanks recently even there. A lot of LTTP threads were mostly people complaining that playing the game felt like a drag.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014895

I assume people taking part in a ME4 survey are mostly hardcore Bioware fans.
Nah, I didn't mean that it's shocking that they play DA:I, I was just surprised that somebody had poured 100+ hours of his/her life into it. It doesn't suggest casual player, such a huge time period suggest a fan, and rather dedicated one. That what kinda surprised me. And at least two thirds of Biodrones I've seen on BSN usually played for romances and on lower difficulties, but these guys/gals for some reason are fans of tedious resource-gathering it seems. For the life of me I can't understand how a sane person could like such mechanics, hence I called them insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom