Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah no 3rd option,better to give my 5 potatoes to EA than all these charity scams and resellers.

Coyote

Arcane
DAO, Peggle, and Bejeweled 3 as well, according to this.

A: Electronic Arts will be getting money from it.

This is weird, when I buy a bundle in HB I usually split the money between developers and HB (fuck charity) but this time was either charity or HB (there wasn't a developer option) so I ended up giving all the money to HB.

Yeah, EA receives nothing from this bundle:

Thanks to Electronic Arts and Origin forgoing profits from this bundle, all of the proceeds that would ordinarily go to them are instead going to charity.

Origin is the product they're trying to sell here, not the games.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
At least it has the latest version of Guacamelee!, but since I own almost all of the titles already it's not for me.

But for newcomers to bundles, however, it's a fantastic deal.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Oh wow, first we get a "Let's force Origin upon everyone!" bundle, now we get a "Let's force uPlay upon everyone!" bundle with the "Might & Magic" bundle. :negative:

Pay $1 to get:

HoMM2 Gold (DRM-Free version)
HoMM4 Complete (uPlay)
Might & Magic 1-6 Collection (uPlay)
Might & Magic: Heroes Online Angel Starter Pack (uPlay)

BTA ($9.36 as is):

HoMM5 (no word on expansions, uPlay)
HoMM6 Gold (uPlay)
Dark Messiah Of Might & Magic (Steam)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes + I Am The Boss DLC (Steam)
More Games Coming Soon

Pay $15 or more to get:

Might & Magic X + DLC (uPlay)
HoMM3 HD Edition (Steam)
HoMM6 Shades of Darkness (uPlay)
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Starter Pack

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'd certainly buy the 15$ tier if it was steam. Oh well, they don't want anyone's money I guess. I've never heard anything good about uplay, at best some people are indifferent.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The only worthwhile thing about this bundle is now people can get a DRM-free version of HoMM2 for a buck.

Turjan

Arcane
As celebration of the moment, I just started the uPlay client. First attempts: failure to start. Second attempt: switching between 0 and 24kb/s for some stupid update.
It's such a wonderful experience.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
uPlay is ok. Plus its multi-platform so all Ubisoft shit gets collected in one place.
For example I play Trials Fusion on PC and Trials Frontier on my phone. If someone ads me as a uPlay friend that also plays both games uPlay syncs it and shows me on his leaderboards and dude can play vs my ghost etc.
Similar shit with newer Assassin's Creed games, its shows and compares stats(people killed, missions done etc) vs your friends and so on. Also Actions and Rewards where just by playing you get points that you can spend on extra stuff across all uPlay games.
Really dont mind it, plus it has offline mode for paranoia fags. And keys for it on g2a and kinguin are super cheap.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd certainly buy the 15$ tier if it was steam. Oh well, they don't want anyone's money I guess. I've never heard anything good about uplay, at best some people are indifferent.
The goal is probably to get more people on uPlay than make any real money from this.

Coyote

Arcane
https://www.indiegala.com/adventuremega

$1
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle

$4 for the next 23 hours
Eidolon
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
About Love, Hate, and the Other Ones
Runaway: Twist of Fate
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Venetica
War: The Game
Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
The Journey Down: Chapter 2

I haven't gotten around to playing The Journey Down or Runaway series yet, but The Journey Down received high praise from a couple of Codexers who definitely know their shit when it comes to adventure games; Runaway had more of a mixed reception, with some people calling it great and others mediocre.

I picked up Venetica at some point a few years ago when we were starved for decent (A)RPGs and made it about 3-4 hours before losing interest. IIRC the combat was just a slog, one of those click-click-click to win systems (at least early on), and nothing else about the game was compelling enough to keep me playing. Some people liked it, though. (And if nothing else, it provided entertainment in the form of elkston's classic "They should call this place the White Supremacist Codex" thread.)

Don't know about the others.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Venetica is a pretty decent game. Kind of a lite action-RPG, like Fable, but with a focus on storytelling and exploration. A fun time waster for a codexer, and a good game for casuals.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Bundle update:

Pay $1 to get:

HoMM2 Gold (DRM-Free version)
HoMM4 Complete (uPlay)
Might & Magic 1-6 Collection (uPlay)
Might & Magic: Heroes Online Angel Starter Pack (uPlay)

BTA ($12.39 as is):

HoMM5 (uPlay)
HoMM5 Expansions (uPlay)
HoMM6 Gold (uPlay)
Dark Messiah Of Might & Magic (Steam)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes + I Am The Boss DLC (Steam)
HoMM1 (DRM-Free version)

Pay $15 or more to get:

Might & Magic X + DLC (uPlay)
HoMM3 HD Edition (Steam)
HoMM6 Shades of Darkness (uPlay)
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Starter Pack

The new additions are the expansion packs for HoMM5 and a DRM-Free HoMM1 - for $12.

So now this bundle is only missing the original King's Bounty, the real version of HoMM3 and HoMM4 to be a "complete" HoMM bundle.

Pass. What's next, the Desura bundle?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You forgot about most important part of the bundle - Planetary Annihilation.
Now, where are these people who paid almost $100 for Early Access?

Turjan

Arcane
You forgot about most important part of the bundle - Planetary Annihilation.
Now, where are these people who paid almost $100 for Early Access?
Yup. I want to see that clusterfuck for myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom