Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham City thread

Deleted member 7219

Ra'as and Talia al'Ghul can just be resurrected. They killed off Joker because Mark Hamill didn't want to do another. They can still make a game with Two-Face or someone else.

Multi-headed Cow

Matt7895 said:
They killed off Joker
WAT

Game RUINED :x

Edit: Should be safe with my not removed from inventory DLC, since apparently even if you buy the DLC from Steam (Since it's on there now), all you get is a key for it to add to GFWL to download it from that. So even if it adds achievements to my Steam account it should be no different than if I just bought it straight from GFWL.

Multi-headed Cow said:
Matt7895 said:
They killed off Joker
WAT

It was known long ago that Arkham City will be the last Batman game to feature Mark Hamill. And if anything, it's refreshing to finally have a villain in Batman universe actually die. Well, maybe it's not the first time of this happening but I wouldn't know as I never read comics.

Multi-headed Cow

Multidirectional said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Matt7895 said:
They killed off Joker
WAT

It was known long ago that Arkham City will be the last Batman game to feature Mark Hamill. And if anything, it's refreshing to finally have a villain in Batman universe actually die. Well, maybe it's not the first time of this happening but I wouldn't know as I never read comics.
True enough I 'spose, just bums me out because. Y'know. Joker.

Eyeball

Arcane
I liked the Surprise Clayface boss. I always loved Clay in the cartoons and felt him to be suitably deformed and twisted in this incarnation.

The fight against Clay was pretty anticlimatic, frankly, and simply boiled down to dodging his lame attacks while using a specific gadget on him, but I didn't mind having Clay as a boss.

However: How do we know it's Joker who died? Could have just been Clay AGAIN, rejuvenated by falling into the Lazarus pit. He faked his death before in the cartoon, could easily do it again, leaving Joker to slip away with a cure that he Deus Ex Machinaed out of his clown ass somehow.

Also, why the fuck did Bats go all mopey about the Joker dying and carry HIS corpse out while leaving the woman he supposedly LOVES behind and showing absolutely no emotion whatsoever about her? What the fuck was the point of her even being in the game in the first place?

Finished the game, doing the sidequests. They are pretty wank, honestly, and play more like something from an early GTA game than challenges worthy of the world's greatest detective. Zsazsszszszszszszszs was especially bad, made worse by his whiny bitch voice acting.

I 100%'ed Arkham Asylum. I feel no desire to do that with City.

Multi-headed Cow

Since I haven't seen Joker die, and I haven't seen Clayface yet (Except I assume he was the Joker I fought when the building collapsed on me, since HE GOTS NO BONES) but if you get to look at Joker's corpse you can check with batvision to see if he has bones or not.

Deleted member 7219

Eyeball said:
I liked the Surprise Clayface boss. I always loved Clay in the cartoons and felt him to be suitably deformed and twisted in this incarnation.

The fight against Clay was pretty anticlimatic, frankly, and simply boiled down to dodging his lame attacks while using a specific gadget on him, but I didn't mind having Clay as a boss.

However: How do we know it's Joker who died? Could have just been Clay AGAIN, rejuvenated by falling into the Lazarus pit. He faked his death before in the cartoon, could easily do it again, leaving Joker to slip away with a cure that he Deus Ex Machinaed out of his clown ass somehow.

Also, why the fuck did Bats go all mopey about the Joker dying and carry HIS corpse out while leaving the woman he supposedly LOVES behind and showing absolutely no emotion whatsoever about her? What the fuck was the point of her even being in the game in the first place?

Finished the game, doing the sidequests. They are pretty wank, honestly, and play more like something from an early GTA game than challenges worthy of the world's greatest detective. Zsazsszszszszszszszs was especially bad, made worse by his whiny bitch voice acting.

I 100%'ed Arkham Asylum. I feel no desire to do that with City.

I feel pretty much the same as this. I've got Assassin's Creed: Revelations to play now, and SW:TOR comes out next week, so I feel like I should move on from Arkham City. I might do New Game Plus in about a year's time though. I felt like I got the most out of Arkham Asylum on the second playthrough.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Multidirectional said:
And if anything, it's refreshing to finally have a villain in Batman universe actually die. Well, maybe it's not the first time of this happening but I wouldn't know as I never read comics.
Uh huh. He dies quite often in imaginary stories ("aren't they all?" says Alan Moore) and alternate media (Burton film, Return of the Joker animated film)

Heresiarch

Prophet
I thought that one (if not the only) of Joker's "superpower" is cheating death...

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Superb game, going from skyrim (which is fundamentally busted in so many way) to this which is virgin tight mechanically really shows just how much these guys have their head on the ball. Annihilates AC as well, which is a series that's layering more and more shit on top whilst refusing to fix the fundamentals. AC currently wishes it was this game

Game looks gooooood as well playing on pc...even if the console versions look half as decent they they've pulled off some mindboggling tech wizardry to have this running on the dogshit 360 hardware.

SoupNazi

Finished it yesterday. The story that is. Felt awfully short actually, but I still have the Riddler and a few other sidequests to do. Not sure if Catwoman can actually do anything outside of collecting the pink trophies.

Great game though. Love how the movement, fights, everything feels, even more than in AA. Nothing is more satisfying then flying across the entire town without touching ground, then landing amidst a group of inmates bullying a political prisoners, only to stun and beat them all up in a few seconds.

I just wish I had a choice of starting "Story Plus" difficulty with zero upgrades. It's just a better game without enemy attack markers and it would make for nicer replayability. Otherwise, this is my GOTY for sure.

Vibalist

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Fuck that AA Croc level. Probably one of the worst gaming moments in years.

I found it rather scary the first time around, to be honest. And the second time around too. I hate stuff that pops up out of the water and grabs you.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I've played up to the point where you get out into the main area of the city. Whenever I die, the game crashes on saving, then I can't load the save from then on. This has happened twice over. Help :(

SoupNazi

It works fine for me, no FPS drops or crashes at all. Only problem is still the occassional freeze that requires tabbing out and in. Could be a GfWL problem though if it doesn't save.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I don't remember it. I do remember spending twenty minutes shuffling along sewer platforms and spamming my batarang button to knock a lumpy green cookie monster back into the water every ten seconds.

Anyway, turns out my problem is down to the shitty Catalyst release. Trying the Fightclub one now. Where are Reloaded and Skidrow?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom