Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And with that all hope for PoE, WL2 and Torment 2 was lost.
JES's ability speaks for itself but as for those others, yeah.

Though ToN will probably turn out well enough considering the extremely low amount of challenges it'll have. If you only have 12 big battles in your game you'd have to be an extraordinary fuck-up to well, fuck it up.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
JES's ability speaks for itself
:lol::lol::roll:

If not for Avellone,Ziets,Festenmaker, i would consider buying PoE only after reviews were out +M
After chapters 2 and 6 of Icewind Dale, Burial Isle from Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale 2, and New Vegas with JSawyer, every future JES-led game is a day-0 purchase for me.

Rake

Arcane
JES's ability speaks for itself
:lol::lol::roll:

If not for Avellone,Ziets,Festenmaker, i would consider buying PoE only after reviews were out +M
After chapters 2 and 6 of Icewind Dale, Burial Isle from Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale 2, and New Vegas with JSawyer, every future JES-led game is a day-0 purchase for me.
Fuck, now i have to reread your IWD review to see what you found so exceptional in the JES parts of the game compaired to the others...:argh:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Combat that required more than "select all, attack with ranged weapons, have a couple switch to melee if the first volley didn't kill 'em."

A couple of other designers eventually caught up with Trials of the Luremaster, though they'd be utterly incompetent if they couldn't with Iteration #3.

Rake

Arcane
Combat that required more than "select all, attack with ranged weapons, have a couple switch to melee if the first volley didn't kill 'em."

A couple of other designers eventually caught up with Trials of the Luremaster, though they'd be utterly incompetent if they couldn't with Iteration #3.
Fair point.
I don't remember which fights where in which chapter, but i know for sure than in IWD2, "select all, attack with ranged weapons, have a couple switch to melee if the first volley didn't kill 'em." was a viable tactic in many encounters.

say what? IWD1 was 90% select all, attack with ranged weapons. chapter 2? Kresellack tomb:lol:? And than that temple with giants and than Dragons Eye? lol rangers with long bows all fucking day. Killing Yxunomei with anything but ranged weapons was pain in the ass. first time that tactic did not work for me was probably around Upper Dorns Deep against Drows and invisible thieves.

I will give you Burial Isle, great encounters in narrow caverns with enemies that dont fuck around.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't remember which fights where in which chapter, but i know for sure than in IWD2, "select all, attack with ranged weapons, have a couple switch to melee if the first volley didn't kill 'em." was a viable tactic in many encounters.
It became more of a thing during the mid-game, sure, but it was punctuated by better encounters as it should be.

Even then it wasn't nearly as powerful as it was in IWD because of the changes 3rd edition made. In 2e, all bows and throwing daggers get two attacks per round, and darts get 3. Clerics are really the only class forced to use the one-stone-per-round sling. Additionally, most of your party is going to have that +2 from 17/18 dex because of stat dumping so you wind up with ~12 attacks per round from the very start, many of 'em likely to hit. In 3e, ranged weapons get the same number of attacks as melee, and since intelligence and wisdom are no longer the dump stats they once were, you're less likely to have a party of sharpshooters.

Killing Yxunomei with anything but ranged weapons was pain in the ass.
You need +2 weapons or better to hit her, and those likely won't be ranged. I did just fine with melee.

first time that tactic did not work for me was probably around Upper Dorns Deep against Drows and invisible thieves.
I went into great detail about my IWD experience last year. I'm sure there are plenty of sloppier ways to play if one doesn't play as I do, e.g. if one were to rest frequently or guzzle potions (I don't like doing these things).

jdinatale

Cipher
Alix Wilton Regan, voice actress of the Inquisitor discusses why we need to have gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender characters in our role-playing games

:incloosive:

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
What about for example underrated very fat people ? Gays, Lesbs, Trans, Necro, etc. are okay for Devs but they fear problem of fat people? Almost all characters in crpgs by Bioware looks like after regular fitness discipline.
What about sick people, or drugs addicts, mental ill and so on. It will give much more rpg value and depth than simple sex focus all the time. If i want to create very fat character, who is addicted or ill and it will have effects in game when talking to NPC why i can't? Instead i can choose dozen eye colours or tatoos.
That sex shit by Bioware all the time drives many older people nuts. Maybe they can focus on something other than dicks and ass in terms of interesting characters? For now it looks like most interesting thing about them is question do they like normal, basic sex or in the mouth or ass and why ? Just look at mods for DA or ME , "bigger breasts" " nice looking tits" , "sexy chars" etc. Speaks a lot about target group and devs themselves.
People are something more than nice looking body with dick or pussy or both at same time when it comes to present Bioware.

Last edited:

Telengard

Arcane
What, you want Bioware to have more than one character model per race? Entitlement!

Next you'll be wanting them to stop using the same dozen animations for every character in the game! Or start animating the sides of the face! Or have corridors that aren't 10 or 20 feet wide! I mean, sheesh.

What about for example underrated very fat people ? Gays, Lesbs, Trans, Necro, etc. are okay for Devs but they fear problem of fat people? Almost all characters in crpgs by Bioware looks like after regular fitness discipline.
What about sick people, or drugs addicts, mental ill and so on. It will give much more rpg value and depth than simple sex focus all the time. If i want to create very fat character, who is addicted or ill and it will have effects in game when talking to NPC why i can't? Instead i can choose dozen eye colours or tatoos.
That sex shit by Bioware all the time drives many older people nuts. Maybe they can focus on something other than dicks and ass in terms of interesting characters? For now it looks like most interesting thing about them is question do they like normal, basic sex or in the mouth or ass and why ? Just look at mods for DA or ME , "bigger breasts" " nice looking tits" , "sexy chars" etc. Speaks a lot about target group and devs themselves.
People are something more than nice looking body with dick or pussy or both at same time when it comes to present Bioware.
tumblr_inline_mrlp0akgQE1qz4rgp.jpg

RPGMaster

Savant
I thought they were going to have a different voice actor for the different races?

Also I can't be a wimpy Inquisitor I have to be BioWare's Superhero Inquisitor.

Martius

Liturgist
I thought they were going to have a different voice actor for the different races?
Nah, I think there are two different voice actors for each gender but there will be option to mix voices (i hope there could be also zombie voice, just like in Saints Row)!

Also I can't be a wimpy Inquisitor I have to be BioWare's Superhero Inquisitor.
Well, IMDB lists four VAs for Inquisitor's role.

Female Inquisitor (voice) — Sumalee Montano
Female Inquisitor (voice) — Alix Wilton Regan

Male Inquisitor (voice) — Jon Curry
Male Inquisitor (voice) — Harry Hadden-Paton
IIRC one's for the dwarves who have USA accents (always cracked me up that fans thought that it was ~fresh~ and original take on dwarven characters). Here's a reddit thread discussing VAs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How interesting that they have an Asian actress option, but went with two white guys.

DAI is a disappointment on the PoC front imo despite their claims that it'd be better and the "But Dorian and Josephine are totally PoC...!"

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But DAI is to be done in pre XX century France so why do you insist on getting mundane niggers and gypos in the world which has cool dwarven bros and gay elves already Biowhore? Why you have to be always so fracking gay? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom