Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

DraQ

Arcane
27yv4a0.jpg

Once you have seen it...

DraQ

Arcane
As a bonus, the layout, colors and general design looks like BW desperately trying to rip-off the (awful) UI style of TW2.

Hopefully they will also rip off switching control to NPCs for no reason losing combat for no adequate reason after you've won it and shitty QTE boss battles, while omitting the elements TW2 actually did well.
Maybe that will finally punch their clock.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Name-search repliiiiiiiiiiiiies

tuluse: da2 was also originall planned as an expansion, but turned into a full release during production
Infinitron: tuluse: source?
tuluse: I got that from roguey actually
Infinitron: never heard anything about da2 being an expansion. there was a canceled expansion for da2 itself tho

This is correct, it was going to be called Dragon Age: Exodus (though I think it became a sequel during the middle of pre-prod, not during actual production). Moreover http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/two-years-of-dlc-planned-for-dragon-age

We only actually got one year. :)

It's my guess that Exodus was intended to be a one-act RPG, but when it became a full-fledged sequel they were like "Fuck, this is way too short and we don't have the time to make more levels" so they recycled all those maps for acts 2 and 3, turning a 10-20 hour RPG into a 30-60.

Name-search repliiiiiiiiiiiiies

tuluse: da2 was also originall planned as an expansion, but turned into a full release during production
Infinitron: tuluse: source?
tuluse: I got that from roguey actually
Infinitron: never heard anything about da2 being an expansion. there was a canceled expansion for da2 itself tho

This is correct, it was going to be called Dragon Age: Exodus (though I think it became a sequel during the middle of pre-prod, not during actual production). Moreover http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/two-years-of-dlc-planned-for-dragon-age

We only actually got one year. :)

It's my guess that Exodus was intended to be a one-act RPG, but when it became a full-fledged sequel they were like "Fuck, this is way too short and we don't have the time to make more levels" so they recycled all those maps for acts 2 and 3, turning a 10-20 hour RPG into a 30-60.

Possibly, though that could also have been a product of engine modifications, redoing combat, graphics etc as though it was a new game. A proper expansion pack, where the only alterations to the DA:O engine/mechanics are rebalancing, the occasional new skill and new enemies/weapons, would have been much more resource-efficient. It's conceivable that it would have been easier to produce a full-length campaign as an expansion pack, without recycled levels, than to produce DA2.

Oh you guys~ :codexisfor:
Not THAT kind of manchild; Bioware's writers wouldn't de-sexualize themselves like that.
They mean someone with a childlike approach to sex, Cole thinks sex is icky, or something. I actually have no idea what their stupid excuse was for no fuckable emo, but I find it sad that they needed to pull a dumb justification out of their ass at all.
Future of RPGs: If you can't pork an NPC the devs better have a good explanation why not.

Angthoron

Arcane
"Walking unnoticed through crowds"

With that hat?

cole-BG.jpg
It suddenly dawned upon me that I've seen this character before. Took a moment to figure which one it was, but after a google search, I can now demonstrate what character of the Moomins creatively inspired BioWare.

acdQqKv.png

Angthoron

Arcane

With that hat?

cole-BG.jpg
It suddenly dawned upon me that I've seen this character before. Took a moment to figure which one it was, but after a google search, I can now demonstrate what character of the Moomins creatively inspired BioWare.

acdQqKv.png
Live Snusmumriken alone, you bastard!!1 :argh:
But I bet there's many that'd want to romance him specifically for that reference. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Possibly, though that could also have been a product of engine modifications, redoing combat, graphics etc as though it was a new game. A proper expansion pack, where the only alterations to the DA:O engine/mechanics are rebalancing, the occasional new skill and new enemies/weapons, would have been much more resource-efficient. It's conceivable that it would have been easier to produce a full-length campaign as an expansion pack, without recycled levels, than to produce DA2.
Um, they did that stuff already with Awakening. It was 10-20 hours according to How Long to Beat.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Just because it had a different name before, doesn't mean it was an expansion pack. I agree with the guy that says they wouldn't try to overhaul the engine and mechanics for an expansion; DA2 was meant to be a new game it was just always destined to be shit.

With that hat?

cole-BG.jpg

acdQqKv.png

I now have this mental image of Angthoron as the Rain Man of obscure cartoon references, watching the various game presentations while mumbling deadpan a continuous stream of animated character names, until the E3 bouncers drag him into the back office to 'discuss' his card-counting design-skewering talents.

With that hat?

cole-BG.jpg

acdQqKv.png

I now have this mental image of Angthoron as the Rain Man of obscure cartoon references, watching the various game presentations while mumbling deadpan a continuous stream of animated character names, until the E3 bouncers drag him into the back office to 'discuss' his card-counting design-skewering talents.
Never even saw the cartoon, but Mumintroll books were really popular among children in late USSR. They were published with original illustrations, on which this cartoon seems to be based. So if you ask some Russian who was born in early 80s and before, they are probably familiar with Tove Jansson's characters in both text in visuals. So it's not that obscure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom