Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else having problems dual-classing with mods?

I used BWS to remove racial restrictions for dual-classing and my Orc Kensai can only dual class into Thief. I'm using Enhanced Edition and the mod used is the Tweak Anthology ("cdtweak" filename). I tried using the individual mod setup .exe to reinstall the mod's game files but that didn't change anything for my current character's options.

Moral of the story---dual class with a human, edit his strength to 19.
Remember that you need an attribute minimum of 16 in both classes' prime requisites to dual-class, iirc. For a Kensai to thief, I think that means 16+ in Str, Con and Dex but I don't remember if Kensai's primereqs are different than for a standard warrior.

Melcar

Arcane
You need 17 for the class you are dualing into and 15 on your current class. Kensai does not have any special stat requirements aside from those of a standard Fighter. So for a Kensai -> Mage you need 15 STR and 17 INT. Haven't played in a while so who nows.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It seems all of our memories are shit, or all but one. The problem Grape is having is most likely due to the classes' attribute pre-reqs, whatever the values.

Thanks a lot guys, I thought I had enough because the wiki says I need 15 but maybe it's wrong. Will check some other sources.

Edit: The wiki does say 15 and it's wrong. You need 17 in the second class's main stat, so no half-orc kensai mage.

Last edited:

gunman

Arcane
Developer
If anyone is interested, I have modified tobex.dll to replicate the BG1 force unpause in inventory screen in BG2/BGT. This way you are forced to rely on quick item slots in combat. You can get it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Arcane
:necro:
Want yall's advice as to whether I should continue my virgin playthrough of this. I remember absolutely loving the game UNTIL having to procure a boat? then there was some shitty dungeon/maze and I left it once I got into a town of fishpeople. Have I experienced the best the game has to offer (Athkatla)? Or should I press on. I think i felt burned out after doing every little quest, but do recall absolutely loving it (the city and the smaller areas around it).

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Have I experienced the best the game has to offer (Athkatla)?
Yes. Although Underdark is good too and the game remains p strong until the very end imo and is definitely worth completing. ToB can be safely skipped if you're getting bored already, apart from the Watcher's Keep of course.

Mustawd

Want yall's advice as to whether I should continue my virgin playthrough of this

I tried years ago. Don't force it. IE games are just tedious except for maybe IWD. I personally plan to go back to playing them later on, but my previous attempts are just bleh.

Alkarl

Learned
The only reason I ever completed Shadows of Amn was because of the writing for Irenicus. I thought pretty much everything else was weak sauce.

When I made it to ToB, I faffed about a bit before ultimately uninstalling and deleting the char. I've tried replaying the series since, I have about 4 chars somewhere near the end of BG1, but no desire to finish.

I'm with Mustawd, I've played through IWD/2 a few times since finishing Shadows of Amn, much better experiences to be had there.

There are a few parts of TOB that I liked, namely, when you slaughter a small army in the desert and the Yaga Shura fight. But I rarely complete the expansion once I start it.

Alkarl

Learned
It totally baffles me how some people regard Irenicus as a well written villain.

Name one better

Edit: I'm not saying he's the best, btw. Just a damn good one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom