Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Telepath Tactics Liberated - deterministic tactical RPG inspired by Fire Emblem

summerloud

Novice
I just cant take it seriously, imagine you call a company to mow your lawn and a guy comes around with a pair of pliers and tweezers. Thats my analogy about adobe air.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Technically, you shouldn't have to install Adobe AIR manually--the game comes with a captive runtime (though I understand some folks have had trouble with it--I'm looking into that). Ultimately, AIR is really not all that different from any other runtime dependency, such as Unity--it's just that other engines do a better job of hiding their dependencies from the end-user.

Craig SternUI not displacing with window size changes

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Until I figure out what's causing it, you can generally fix it by just double-tapping ctrl+F.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Craig Stern the game is barely playable windowed due to the UI not displacing with window size changes. On my 15" 1366x768 I usually play on windowed 800x600, but in TT the controls are out of boundaries.

Is this something you can look into?

I noticed that as well, here it works to hit CTRL+F twice to make them visible again (too late, the guy himself offered that advice already).

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Technically, you shouldn't have to install Adobe AIR manually--the game comes with a captive runtime (though I understand some folks have had trouble with it--I'm looking into that). Ultimately, AIR is really not all that different from any other runtime dependency, such as Unity--it's just that other engines do a better job of hiding their dependencies from the end-user.

Craig SternUI not displacing with window size changes

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Until I figure out what's causing it, you can generally fix it by just double-tapping ctrl+F.

I realized you can move the panels around to make them more or less visible, but stuff like the time counter do not move with the screen.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
On the first battle you can undo enemy's movement and start better positioned yourself :P

Stargazer_

Damn this game is good, The depth of Telepath Tactics makes Servants of God and the 2nd flash game look juvenile by comparison. The Shadowlings are still GOAT due to their insane amount of movement but it looks like they are Nerfed this time around without shadow-blast and shadow vortex which kinda sucks. PyroKineticist is my fav of the Psy Fighter classes cause burn is just so OP.
I just cant take it seriously, imagine you call a company to mow your lawn and a guy comes around with a pair of pliers and tweezers. Thats my analogy about adobe air.

So your not gonna buy a game just because it was made using sub-par development software ;)? It doesn't matter if the guys is using pliers and tweezers, what matters most is the guy getting the Job done. Adobe Air, although not the best tool for the job gets the job done.

ColCol

Arcane
Nice, so far completed two long battles only to have the game glitch-up and freeze. Make sure the game is perfect if you're going to stop me from saving during battle.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
I dunno about perfect, but next time that happens, you can hit 'L' to generate a log. Pass that my way and I can fix the bug.

Elthosian

Arcane
Hated the first random battle in the campaign tho (get 11 apples), while the mechanics are great enough to stand on their own without plot elements I just get the feeling that the handcrafted chapters are so much better in every way, specially because, unlike in these, here the AI didn't make any attempts to destroy the obstacles in the environment making the experience feel extremely static, with large chunks of my time being dedicated exclusively to cut down trees or mowing down enemies one by one thanks to the lack of space to maneuver*

*This last thing might have been bad luck with the random map generator but the rest still stands.

Also better feedback regarding weapon uses would be appreciated, sometimes my weapons break and I have no idea they did until the next chapter and that can get pretty annoying given how many missions you may have to beat before getting to the merchant.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Fair enough. I confess, the random battlefield generation algorithm isn't as sophisticated as I'd like; consequently, it can be a little inconsistent in the quality of the battlefields it generates. In the future, I'd like to spend some time improving it.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Craig Stern Out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind the design decision to make bowmen fire only in 4 directions? Was it to prevent them from becoming too powerful while hiding behind high armour/HP characters?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Craig Stern Out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind the design decision to make bowmen fire only in 4 directions? Was it to prevent them from becoming too powerful while hiding behind high armour/HP characters?

Basically, it was for the sake of clarity due to the backstab mechanic. Backstabbing is such a powerful technique in the game that I wanted it to always be crystal clear at a glance when characters were vulnerable to a backstab. (You'll notice that there are attacks which can hit diagonally, like Arced Shot, but they do not get a backstab bonus.)

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
I priced TRPG:SoG on the lower range of appropriate prices for a wRPG, and I nevertheless got a ton of pushback over it. For Telepath Tactics, I decided to go for more of a mass-market approach--due to the game's robust mod support, attracting a large community will benefit TT in ways that doing so never could for TRPG:SoG. Thus, I opted for $15, at the upper end of impulse-buy range.

ColCol

Arcane
Welp, happened again, after another long battle. Think I'm done with this game for a while. Sent a Log out, I think.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
The game is not feature incomplete--it shipped with every feature I intended it to have. People have since requested manual game saving as an additional game feature, and so I am adding it to the game in order to make my fans happy. Just because I am adding in additional functionality due to fan requests, that does not somehow retroactively make version 1.0 "feature incomplete."

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1.02 is out now. It says the game executable is missing when I try to start it via Steam, using the TTwm.exe still works. My saves seem to be gone though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom