Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Technomancer - action-RPG by Spiders (Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yes, really the worst piece of shit I've seen in a long time. That trailer still haunts me, Jesus Krizto!

jungl

Augur
I enjoyed their games they are short but sweet. Beat them all unlike some other similiar games like dragon age cisquisition thats too long for its own good.

orcinator

Liturgist
Woman character means additional voice actor and writing. Basically more project money.

Just make the character silent, the voice acting is shit anyway (probably) so the less of it the better.

But seriously they should have went with the female MC only route

and also made her anime

belated

Augur
At least they've improved the companion system (equipment etc) from Mars/Bound, though I expect it's still the exact same game just like Bound by Flame was to Mars. Finishing Bound by Flame was no easy task...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
These guys have had some pretty cool ideas, but their implementation was always shit.

This one at least looks competent at a technical level, but the zones still look highly linear and the combat quest design will probably be the usual shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
A few improvements over Mars: War logs, but it still got boring fast.
Nonsense, bound by flame was fairly entertaining and challenging all the way through. You faced new enemies all the time and the new enemies came with very varied attack patterns and skills, plus always different enemy composition in groups. If anything its a lot less repetitive than games like DS2-3.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Technomancer, the sci-fi RPG set on Mars, releases on June 28 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Today we're showcasing the game's E3 Trailer, driven by the Frijid Pink's legendary cover of the rock classic "House of the Rising Sun". Delve into the chaotic world of Mars, a planet that is torn by war and political conflict.

Viata

Arcane
I'm having mixed feeling with this game. I fear that it'll be modern Bioware-kind of crpg, yet I like the setting.
Also, I'm so used to see only triple-AAA crpgs and indies ones that I don't even know where to put this game. I even forgot there was games that wasn't either of them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm having mixed feeling with this game. I fear that it'll be modern Bioware-kind of crpg, yet I like the setting.
Also, I'm so used to see only triple-AAA crpgs and indies ones that I don't even know where to put this game. I even forgot there was games that wasn't either of them.

Mars: War Logs was not an indie and not a AAA despite the fact that they tried to emulate AAA. It was more like a light-AAA on budget. This one will be the same.

It's obvious that they took some inspiration from Bioware but to be honest the first game did not feel at all like Bioware crap. I don't think this one will be different - after all it's hard to replicate Bioware's shallowness.

In fact the highlights of M:WL (at least for me) were the moments when it genuinely reminded me of Gothic. Yeah. Big words. But there are a couple of intertwined quests which just work - as simple as in Gothic. Good stuff. Also notice that they added factions *wink* *wink*.

And that being said, Technomancer combat will suck beyond belief :) There is no doubt in my mind that the combat and the stealth will be completely shit. This is the third game with the same engine and the combat did not change too much.

So, I think: exploration/world/factions will be good, combat/stealth/romance will be bad. The game will be a nice diversion but not for the full price.

I'm curious to see how wrong am I :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom