Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tasteful Understated Nerdrage/MrBtongue Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
Well, I can't make an argument for him having guts. I'm just suspect that he'll ever make another video that I have any interest in.

How often does a person's taste get worse?

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Yeah, I patiently expect the next video. I hope it's on Dragon Age, but I'm also afraid he's gonna like it. Is that how 14 year old girls feel when their favorite boy bands changes styles? Damn, that shit is IN-TENSE!

Sykar

Arcane
hiver
"This is the answer why did Germans as people succumb to something so obviously "evil" as nazism and everything it caused."

No, not really. The people went to Nazism because they were deceived by promises of work and bringing back Germany to it's former glory.
The public was held ignorant about the true reasons why Jews were deported. Now if what you say were true, why did the NSDAP hide the true nature of the deportation, calling them mere resettlement? Because they knew that on a whole no sane German would have condoned the genocide in any way, antisemitism or not.
How did the NSDAP control public opinion? Propaganda and fear through the GESTAPO. The Germans didn't turn to Nazism because it's easy. They were lured, trapped and then held captive by force and fear.

hiver

You didnt understand me.

What you say are additional parts of it all. It was simply easier to go along with it, then to rebel. Obviously.
For multitude of different and very real reasons.

Sykar

Arcane
You didnt understand me.

What you say are additional parts of it all. It was simply safer to go along with it, then to rebel. Obviously.
For multitude of different and very real reasons.

Fixed. Above everything else, humans want to live. Disobeying the NSDAP proved to be a death sentence, that much became clear quickly to even the most dimwitted German.

hiver

Youre an idiot. Go away. (this is for that fallout related post)

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

:click:

btw, no reason to be buthurt about it. Its the same for any people ever in history. Conformity is the death of us and it always starts much earlier then really bad consequences show up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fuck? Not only did you reply to hiver, you replied to a post of his from 2013? Talk about getting what you deserve.

hiver

Yeah, you should be a cheap cowardly shite like Infinitron and only address me in third person, from safe distance.

Xeon

Augur
I thought you were the TUN guy from the videos when Sykar quoted you partly without linking to the source post.

Welcome back.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
hiver
"This is the answer why did Germans as people succumb to something so obviously "evil" as nazism and everything it caused."

No, not really. The people went to Nazism because they were deceived by promises of work and bringing back Germany to it's former glory.
The public was held ignorant about the true reasons why Jews were deported. Now if what you say were true, why did the NSDAP hide the true nature of the deportation, calling them mere resettlement? Because they knew that on a whole no sane German would have condoned the genocide in any way, antisemitism or not.
How did the NSDAP control public opinion? Propaganda and fear through the GESTAPO. The Germans didn't turn to Nazism because it's easy. They were lured, trapped and then held captive by force and fear.
Not to mention that in last fully democratic elections in 1932 NSDAP had only 33% in parliament and in next elections despite various abuses still didn't have a majority in parliament.

hiver

Thats a complete misunderstanding of what i am saying.
But...ok, atleast its a good pointer to how my theory will be misunderstood. Ego angle... the fucking ego again...

Nobody is saying that German people in that time were somehow "weak" and did it all just because it was easy. Thats reduction into absurdity kind of logic. And a gross simplification of what i actually said.
There are obvious historical facts that influenced that whole thing, first world war and bad situation in Germany after that. Which created circumstances where the Nazi party could flourish and take over, as they did.
Thats not what i was talking about or denied in any way.
Its a part of what i am saying.

It was easy to let yourself believe their promises of better times, it was EASIER to just believe they will make things right instead of making things right by yourself, IT WAS EASIER to excuse or falsely justify each of their violent acts, it was easier not to stand up to bullies then the opposite, ... and later, it was EASIER to start believing all the problems you have are because of one group of people, which was ultimately the reason Adolf found such shite believable - although it makes n fucking sense at all.

I am talking about human nature that allows all those things to have effects that they do. Why did the first world war happen? Why did those political and other superficial influences caused millions to march into death?
Because at the time it seemed easier to go to war then to actually try and find a solution.

And because this "law of Easy" fits so well with other gross faults humanity has, such as being very short-sided and driven by ego ... but those are matters for separate theories. The Law of easy is just one of the few basic core features of human nature. Not all of it.

My own country was almost completely destroyed because of the nature of conformity and i lived in shite for 20 years after that because of the fucking universal "Law of Easy" ...
I have myself succumbed to it in a number of occasions. Most of the times it turned into worst memories i have.
As long as your ego is keeping you away from admitting this small uncomfortable truth, you will be ruled by it and the Law of Easy.

Current climate on the codex is made out of it. See the tags those shit feeding moderators put under my profile? Easier then actually arguing with merit, logic and common sense.
Its easier to write stupid cheap one liners and pretend youre a cool character, then to actually write something smart.
Its easier for Infinitron to stalk me around, speak of my "personality" and what im actually thinking - then to make any fucking sense or be less then a cheap pathetic cowardly fallacious turd.

and so on...

Sykar

Arcane
Not to mention that in last fully democratic elections in 1932 NSDAP had only 33% in parliament and in next elections despite various abuses still didn't have a majority in parliament.

As a German I know that only too well, but I did not want to get deeper into hiver's clusterfuck of shitty comparisons. I shouldn't have brought up in the first place since the post was so old anyway.

Lhynn

Arcane
Why does TUN keep shitposting? Its like the dude cant make an interesting vid anymore.
From gaming journalism to gamergate to the iron bull as a feasible historical figure on the dragon age world, and to compare it favorably with actually interesting characters.

Man, fuck this guy, seriously.

Sykar, stop talking to hiver, that dumbfuck is never wrong, hes either 100% right or you just read his post wrong and you must allow him to tell you how you misinterpreted whatever the fuck he posted.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Why does TUN keep shitposting? Its like the dude cant make an interesting vid anymore.
From gaming journalism to gamergate to the iron bull as a feasible historical figure on the dragon age world, and to compare it favorably with actually interesting characters.

Mna, fuck this guy, seriously.

Sykar, stop talking to hiver, that dumbfuck is never wrong, hes either 100% right or you just read his post wrong and you must allow him to tell you how you misinterpreted whatever the fuck he posted.

I have him on ignore already.

Monkeysattva

Cipher
I think he drops the ball on this one. Uncomfort (or rather DISCOMFORT,) is something pretty basic. Being merely uncomfortable is nothing, if characters aren't real, if they don't have an aesthetic quality. Pushing easy, stereotypical discomfort is basically what all CSI shows do. It's the modus operandi of shallow chriticism.

hiver

Maybe you should make some. Amaze someone with your wit. :lol:

stop talking to hiver, that handsome devil is never wrong, hes either 100% right or you just read his post wrong and you must allow him to tell you how you misinterpreted whatever the fuck he posted.
Exactly. Especially when the discussion is about any of the idiotic self fellatious "ideas" you declare around in that laughable "macho" idiotic way as you do without being able to hold up or defend a single one with anything.
I mostly see you like some lab rat, an experiment about self defeating weakness, infused with neurotic diseases.

I am wrong sometimes in these forum discussions, (and much more in life) but i have a little trick to it all. I argue only about the stuff i know something about. I pick my fights carefully dipshit. Amazing discovery eh? Blows your head clean off, eh?
If only you figured that out sooner... instead of just blowing brainfarts around as those ego switches accidentally fire off... so much butthurt would have been averted.

Of course you will all run away and stick your little heads in the sand. Its Easier.

in last fully democratic elections in 1932 NSDAP had only 33% in parliament
The Easy mostly works in small increments. Not at once in some kind of fireworks, awor. Its like you never do anything but bitch around how everything is shit. That didnt happen overnight.

anyway,

I think he drops the ball on this one. Uncomfort (or rather DISCOMFORT,) is something pretty basic. Being merely uncomfortable is nothing, if characters aren't real, if they don't have an aesthetic quality. Pushing easy, stereotypical discomfort is basically what all CSI shows do. It's the modus operandi of shallow chriticism.
Except he wasnt just talking about those two concepts on that limited superficial level. He explained his reasoning in detail instead of just talking about uncomfort and discomfort.

If he did he might have said its better to slide down the razor water slide, just because its uncomfortable.

Something like lady gaga does. Cheap schlock. Because it is Easier.

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Except he wasnt just talking about those two concepts on that limited superficial level. He explained his reasoning in detail instead of just talking about uncomfort and discomfort.

If he did he might have said its better to slide down the razor water slide, just because its uncomfortable.

Something like lady gaga does. Cheap schlock. Because it is Easier.

Yeah, I think he actually meant the razor waterslide. (No offense.)

But whatever. I argued this point to absurdity in another forum. And copy-pasting is a motherfucker. At least he outed himself as a dumbfuck who doesn't understand gamergate. For which I thank him sincerely, since I was actually growing to love the guy.

Just goes to show you you should NEVER EVER LIKE ANYBODY BECAUSE HIS IDEAS WILL BETRAY YOU IN THE NED. Or the end. Or whatever.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom