Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

tales of the world radiant mythology 2 and 3 got english-language patched

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
TotW:RM 2
14208143226_20286cc434_o.jpg

14590289017_d81542bbf8_o.jpg

14753770756_5b0393a469_o.jpg

TotW:RM 3
12709139564_2b0dba563a_o.jpg

14137679581_ab4737ebdd_o.jpg

14141019425_c0791f1cd6_o.jpg

14138090142_d6eaaef5ca_o.jpg

14117816176_fa61a56827_o.jpg

14161074483_4faaafefb7_o.jpg

13954342749_d2b56ac83c_o.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorta. As far as I remember these are only menu patches and doesn't translate any of the story. I only played the first one (being my first Tales Of game, actually), and it was just okay. Lot of cameos by characters I don't know, with that handheld MonHun type lobby -> loot system with the added fun of having solid 3D Tales Of gameplay. Also, customization.

But...

Wouldn't this go in the translations thread? What's with the thread anarchy, man? It's easier to keep smaller topics in the more broad threads so the regular threads wouldn't be cluttered (seeing as your posts take the majority of the 1st page of the weaboo forum now). Think of the mods, man, think of the mods!

EDIT: Duuude, wth. Most of the posts are just straight up screen-shots.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well i can't post the links now can i? what else would i post besides screenshots?

also who the hell checks megathreads? ain't nobody got time for that. the people who start these megathreads never keep the first post updated so they are completely useless.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hmm i checked the wapanese thread and it does in fact seem to be updated with a full list of additions. i take my words back. i can admit when i am wrong :)

i will add any further posts to the wapanese thread.

Siveon

Bot
Again, translations thread. I'm sure there's a GBATemp thread you can link to for most of the project details as well. Maybe include a copy-paste of the team's progress? It's just forum etiquette. Encourage conversation, a few screenshots won't tell people much about the game. 'Cept the name, it exists, and now there's an English translation.

Besides, again, annoying mods - there's just nothing gained about posting threads willy nilly.

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd. Though my statement still stands. Order helps conversation!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the ones i posted are complete. i don't know about the GBATemp website. i assume it's some sort of reservoir for translation projects similar to romhack?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i put the nayuta and itadaki street game on the wapanese thread with links to the patches. the list in the initial post is pretty solid. it even has the english translation of dq 5 for ps2 listed which is my second favorite dq game. i've been trying to download that iso for weeks but i can never get it to finish.

the conversation about the quality of the games is dicey though as i read through the first few pages and people were claiming things such as:

- devil survivor games are better than smt 1-2 and nocturne (they're the worst games in the series right after the non-turn based ones. how anyone could place them above the superior smt's 1 and 2 and the nigh-perfect Nocturne is beyond me.)
- persona 1 and 2 are unplayable (i can't even... i bet these people think 3 and 4 are good games.)
- dq 5 is generic and bad (?????)
- Ys games are good (???????????)
- king's field games are unplayable (king's field 3 and 4 are fantastic games. FromSoft declined themselves into oblivion nowadays with the casual shit of demon's souls, but their KF games will always hold up.)

sigh whenever i forget people have shit tastes i get a headache :(

edit: shit tastes = different than my own

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Yo, Ys (or at least the remakes) is fucking good. Good action games, anyway.
:rpgcodex:

I'd say leave the rest of the conversation (if need be) in a PM or somethin'. No need to plague the sub-forum with new posts and the like.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i do not just post, i blog-post my friend. the codex is where i come to make friends! i am a total sell out and i will always give a brofist to anyone who posts in any of my threads.

as a burgenoing attention-whore i promise the following things:

- i swear on a stack of wizardry remakes that i will sometimes flip out when my meds stop working and will probably shitpost
- i swear on a stack of wizardry apple 2 originals that i will reign it in when i realize i'm acting like a faggot
- i swear on a pirated copy of elminage: gothic, the most holy of all talismans, that i will produce 1 quality post per month and my next one is coming very soon. it's going to be as complete a listing as possible of all available to play in english western AND japanese dungeon crawlers featuring turn-based combat and first-person battles with links to wikias, developer websites, rpgcodex LP and discussion threads of the title and mobygames/crpg addict blurbs regarding the gameplay, with bonus content such as links to interviews with developers when/if possible.

Siveon

Bot
At the very least, let that just be an update to the thread you already have...

LJ40

Cipher
i put the nayuta and itadaki street game on the wapanese thread with links to the patches. the list in the initial post is pretty solid. it even has the english translation of dq 5 for ps2 listed which is my second favorite dq game. i've been trying to download that iso for weeks but i can never get it to finish.

I'm not always on and my connection is crap, but I've been seeding the DQ5 translation since June of 2014. It may take (quite a bit of) patience, but it should finish if you stick with it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh, speaking of that i finally finished it this morning! wee.

it's fucking awesome! apparently they even added 1 more party member slot. can't wait to get in there and marry some broads

early impressions indicate this is probably the most high-class, most polished actual remake with capital letters of a snes-era rpg. the DQ and final fantasy remakes on the various mobile/handheld/ps1 platforms are absolutely atrocious in comparison and make grown men cry.

they actually re-created the entire game from the ground up in ps2 polygonal graphics and added a shit load of stuff. the soundtrack was re-arranged as well and it sounds very good.

oh man, if only the ps2 versino of DQ 4 got translated someday... the NDS versions of the DQ remakes are horrendous portrait-mode abominations.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
have you by any chance tried the snes remake of dq 3? it's the only dq i've never finished, and i've only played the nes version. the pictures and videos i've seen of it look fantastic, and it'll look gorgeous on snes9x with xbrz filter, but what i wanna know is if it's worth playing. how does it stack up?

LJ40

Cipher
I'd definitely go for it. They really didn't fuck anything up on that one, as far as I could tell. Upgrades to the graphics and sound, plus they added the mini medals in case you're into the collection stuff. I think there was a new class and an added dungeon as well, but I never got that far.

I'd say it's one of the weaker links in the series overall, but definitely not the worst (for the record my favorites were 5 and 7, least were 8 and 9, but I liked them all somewhat. I'm pretty easy to please).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
5 and 7 are my favorite DQs as well, with dq 4 holding a special runner-up place in my heart for being so gosh-darned unique and charming. i was recently playing through dq 9 but i left the game cold at around the 60-70% mark. i REALLY do not like how grind-y and simplistic they turned the dq class system into in dq 9. things do not look good for the future...

Nonono Shinonono

Barely Literate

the conversation about the quality of the games is dicey though as i read through the first few pages and people were claiming things such as:

- devil survivor games are better than smt 1-2 and nocturne (they're the worst games in the series right after the non-turn based ones. how anyone could place them above the superior smt's 1 and 2 and the nigh-perfect Nocturne is beyond me.)
- persona 1 and 2 are unplayable (i can't even... i bet these people think 3 and 4 are good games.)
- dq 5 is generic and bad (?????)
- Ys games are good (???????????)
- king's field games are unplayable (king's field 3 and 4 are fantastic games. FromSoft declined themselves into oblivion nowadays with the casual shit of demon's souls, but their KF games will always hold up.)

sigh whenever i forget people have shit tastes i get a headache :(

edit: shit tastes = different than my own

Hol-hol-hol-hol-hooooold the line there chief? Did I just see Persona 3 and 4 and the Ys games being called bad? Really? I mean, I know I'm contributing nothing positive to the little discussion here, but I just have to come in and say that P3 has, by far the best SMT storyline so far, and P4 is simply amazing too. And the Ys games are pure genius, take into note Ys 7, and the recent ones on the PC like Oath in Felghana are amazing too.
You need a taste lift my man. I can't even begin to imagine how one could dislike these two things if they've played and liked similar stuff in the jrpg genre and some even by the same company.

All the pointless rambling aside, what's your favorite jrpg, chief? B)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
persona 2 is the best SMT story, hands down. persona 3-5 are kids games.

favorite jrpg? well, if we're counting dungeon crawlers then elminage: gothic, though if we agree that that doesn't really count as a jrpg since it's western in design, then i'd go with something like Xenogears, dragon quest 7 (ps1 version), or Earthbound on snes, though I freely admit nostalgia is a factor.

Nonono Shinonono

Barely Literate
Nonono chief, p3 and p4 ain't kids games, they're uber fun >.>

Back to the important stuff, I absolutely love how you've the old gold in your favorite selection. It's hard to come by people these days who will still choose a ps1 or a snes games over their cutting edge graphics games. Well, while I can't say much for having all the olds in my top fav, I'd say ff7 is still by far my favorite in that section. Other than that, I can say I'd pretty much jump like a rabbit for any Square Enix, falcom or similar such games. One thing I have been revisiting as of late, I have no clue why though, are the pokemon fan ports on the gameboy color, gameboy advanced and the nintendo ds. A few of those rom hacks are pure genius. But you know nintendo, their c&d notices keep running about hither and thither like rabbits in mating season. Makes me sad tbh.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Watching paint dry is the prequel to King's Field.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom