Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS SupCom available for potato in Humble Bundle

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Some time ago a codexer offered to teach me how to play the game, I was wondering if there is a bunch of people willing to learn with me and someone to teach us.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Umm interesting, too bad I don't have credit card and I won't get into bank anytime soon. A key that can be accepted by steam might be useful. I probably say to my relatives if they can spend 1 $ + fees, they bought something from Amazon, thus they might be able to do that stuff.

I'm currently masacring Rome II, and trying GTA IV for the first time. GTA IV 2013 was slow crap with bloom. I might have time in Saturday if all Steam stuff would be done. (Thought if bank stuff would be as slow as always, I doubt I'd get steam acceptable key until next week.)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Umm interesting, too bad I don't have credit card and I won't get into bank anytime soon.
Who let the teenagers in? I thought you were required legal drinking age to register. Nobody posting full of hormones and sober can add anything good to your average codex discussion.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I hate credit cards, and cell phones. You can lose them easily and then you see some retard took a lot of money from your bank account. BTW what happens with these banking machines when you don't grab money fast enough, or forget card inside? I have bit sensomotoric problems.

You know, the only way how to deal with banks is going in like a boss, and talk with a bank staff directly.

Of course, I was not vaccinated against flu, need to get shot and stay at home for a while, and when I'd spend 4 $ to get to bank and back, they will still process the order for 1 day. Naw I'd rather say to my relatives who have both cards, and internet banking I don't wanna spend 4 $ to pay 1 $, and hope they would throw it at me as a gift. If theirs banking stuff is compatible of course.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I hate credit cards, and cell phones. You can lose them easily and then you see some retard took a lot of money from your bank account.
You can lose them. Not easily if you are a careful person with a wallet. But since cards migrated from magnetic band to chip and pin codes stealing and immediately using a card to withdraw money or pay at shops is not possible anymore.

As for phones, well you may have problems of any kind but "losing your phone" is far from endemic. Also, get cheap phones. Nokia 101 has dual sim and costs below €20. I've had one for the past two years. A week of battery, phone calls are good enough, old SMS still work. For €50 you can get something ZTE/Hawei with Android and enjoy the marvels of Watsapp and everywhere browsing.

Also, you can link your paypal to your bank account without the need for a card. It only takes more time, 2-3 weeks in my experience.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You forgot about these people with large sticks who could maul your pin number out of you, and drain your account into debt. Not to mention these people who can record a bit of EM radiation and when they would get hands on the card, they would know the pin as well.

Sorry I like cash over card, at least I know exactly how much I can spend.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
You forgot about these people with large sticks who could maul your pin number out of you, and drain your account into debt. Not to mention these people who can record a bit of EM radiation and when they would get hands on the card, they would know the pin as well.

Sorry I like cash over card, at least I know exactly how much I can spend.
Guess you live in potatoland or a warzone? I can't withdraw more than €500 in a day, can't even pay rent if I don't go several days in a row. Anywhere potato I bet the limit is no more than two or three hundred quid.

And this guys with sticks are more lenient to not hitting you if you give them 300 cash instead of a card and a fake pin code they have less than an hour to use? Plus the bank can cancel those money withdrawals in case of clear theft, with police report and stick marks and shit. And cards have withdrawal limits, even payment limits if they are suspicious. I got my card blocked from using it in two different countries within 24h.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Except for Neighbours From Hell Compilation, all these games are only available via Steam.

Got credit card but that is the real deal breaker.

1367262185687.jpg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Worst thing is, it's not the worst game in the pack. That would be the game next to it, Painkiller Failed Remake.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh, SupCom is easy to learn. Just keep on producing till your PC starts to cry. I'll advice to skip vanilla SupCom and only play Forged Allieance, that one is better.

And no ArcaniA, you don't deserve +5 bucks... But dat Spellforce :/

Endemic

Arcane
Forged Alliance plus the FAF client (http://www.faforever.com/) is what you want. It's gotten to the point where it has almost all of GPGnet's features and then some (mod integration including customisable Sorian AI, cooperative campaign missions, and Galactic War is in beta). It's still updated very regularly.

Vanilla SupCom does have a decent set of campaign missions per faction and a more forgiving economic model, but you can still learn the basics using it. Just don't expect SupCom tactics to always work in FAF multiplayer (due to balance changes and new units).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom