Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

hajro

Arbiter
The buffer goes both directions so technically you have 5 frames of window for a link, i was mistiming shit on purpose and still got it, its so easy lol

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
No wonder that characters like Akuma and Sagat aren't in, yet.
I've seen a discussion around Sagat because including him in any game is touchy, his style lends to have a horribly unbalanced first iteration until the rest of the cast adapts.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Laura's alt

X7bB4pj.jpg

vEkgFJs.jpg

Link to other shots of it: http://imgur.com/a/ZEtJO

And here's a link to leaked screens of other characters' alts: http://imgur.com/a/F1azZ/all

UUdkDot.jpg

Never thought I'd see so much underboob in one shot after the booty slap removal. Not that I'm complaining, but it does seem weird to double down after the statements Capcom has made before.

Karen also has a Roll (from Megaman) costume: http://i.imgur.com/rI25UWK.png

Last edited:

HotSnack

Cipher
If I was to guess, R Mika and Cammy got censored because there's was the most publicly visible - there scenes were seen when the SFV PR train was parading the characters around at every outlet they can get.

Laura's alt will at best be only be seen by people who actually buy the game.

HotSnack

Cipher
A random post for those that have played the beta: How do you feel about Rashid's playstyle? From the promo video he looked like a guy who has gimmicks but otherwise not great buttons. Fang on the other hand looks like he could be a real terror.

Edit:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
A random post for those that have played the beta: How do you feel about Rashid's playstyle? From the promo video he looked like a guy who has gimmicks but otherwise not great buttons. Fang on the other hand looks like he could be a real terror.

Edit:

I saw some matches played by gooteks yesterday at Madcatz cup and the gimmicks were not enough against a 9-5 Ryu. He seemed to rely a lot on crossup shenanigans.

For me Rasheed gives me the vibes that he can be played honest Ryu-like if required but the temptation to fly across the screen is too big.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Edit:

:lol:

Also in that picture is looks like it could spell Anita.
The hair clipping through the armpit is also good.
A true character for the feminists.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:shredder:
:d1p:
They remove Mika's butt-slap and they put that in?:lol:

Last edited:

HotSnack

Cipher
Woah, they removed USF4 from the evo lineup in favour of just having SFV.

I'm all looking forward for moving on to a new game, but I thought USF4 has been the most consistently enjoyable to watch games on evo due to the high level of play and years of tech developed for that game.

HotSnack

Cipher
Having only 1 animu on there sucks too. I mean, are there really people crying out for POKKEN to be on the lineup? :retarded:

Archibald

Arcane
Pokemon is new and shiny so it gets in by default + its Pokemons, I can see lots of people attending even if skill level will be completely abysmal. Thou why KI is still there? If I'm not mistaken it had lowest numbers in last EVO, Microsoft buying the spot?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
KI's rereleasing on PC, they need the promo, and there's not that many high profile western FGs anyway.

Pokken is only available in Japanese arcades so no real competition is expected there.

Animu and Ultra will be on the corner on the side streams I suspect, last year they had very few stations with no visibility.

Archibald

Arcane
I imagine that "no ultra" thing is coming from Capcom, don't want to get anything in the way of glorious SF5.

HotSnack

Cipher
Like real sports, it all becomes shit once big money gets involved.

I'm sure Pokken is only there just as a favour to namco/nintendo. Same with Smash4. Can't embarrass Nintendo by only having melee on the lineup, so now we have to endure 2 smash games on the main stage.

Of course Capcom throwing their weight around is nothing new. See 2 years of SFxT's shambling corpse being paraded around.

Archibald

Arcane
I doubt that Nintendo has anything to do with it. My understanding is that they don't like competitive gaming and would prefer not to get involved in this stuff at all. Thou its a bit funny that their latest new IP, Splatoon, seams to be a hit and liked by competitive gamers.

Anyway, real reason for two brawl games are attendance numbers:
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV – 2227
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 1926
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee – 1869
  • Mortal Kombat X – 1162
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- – 968
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 816
  • Tekken 7 – 458
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 437
  • Killer Instinct – 397

Melee has strong and active community. Wii U version did really great numbers first year so EVO is willing to try again, if numbers drop then they'll ditch it next year, like Smash3. Pokemon is big brand that basically everyone knows, they expect lots of people to attend for it, definitely more than what Persona attracted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom