Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Story spoiler thread.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did you kill the cat witcher or not? I let him go, because I figured he just flipped out when the villager stabbed him in the back trying to murder him to save 12 gold. Twelve whopping gold.

I butchered the basterd. I'm OK with him killing his ambushers but the whole goddamn villlage? Nope. He's just another monster alright.
He also fights dirty.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I butchered the basterd. I'm OK with him killing his ambushers but the whole goddamn villlage? Nope. He's just another monster alright.
He also fights dirty.
Meh, it's not like he's strolling the countryside looking for villagers to slay for teh lulz. They tried to murder him after he agreed to help them in exchange for even this pitiful reward and severely wounded he went ballistic. It's not like Geralt (or other wolf Witchers like Lambert) never killed innocents, so nobody can claim the moral high ground here. Not Geralt's job to play jury & executioner here. I did pay money to the aunt though.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Since I also re-read the books and read for the first time the last two of the witcher saga, I'll have to say that the twist with the emperor being Duny and thus ciri's father is retarded and hurts the story in general. It would have been much better and believable if Emyr was simply looking for ciri for her elder blood, to marry her or otherwise use her. Vilgefortz would still play the same role inciting him toward the elder blood conspiracies in order to promote his own agenda.

The last two books had some very good parts, especially with some court machinations and the battle of brenna, which was told from the medics perspective, but in general the quality has declined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom