Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Stellar Tactics released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Maverick Games; Stellar Tactics

Remember Stellar Tactics, the ambitious-looking turn-based sci-fi sandbox RPG by Arcanum producer Don Wilkins that was on Kickstarter back in April? Even though the Kickstarter campaign was a failure, Don kept on working on the game with the aim of releasing it on Steam Early Access, which is what he did today. Here's its launch trailer and an excerpt from the Early Access FAQ:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“I'm not sure. I am committed to making this a great game and much will depend on your feedback and support. I'll be adding content constantly over the coming months, tuning game play based on feedback and implementing features listed in the Stellar Tactics Roadmap, posted in the discussion forums.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The final version of the game will open up tens of thousands of systems to explore, space combat and more. I'd like to add the following features over the coming months:

• Access to 10,000 sectors
• space combat
• the ability to trade commodities across the universe
• dynamic mission and faction warfare generator
• complete perk system
• device system
• faction system
• crafting system
• repair system
• planetary mining
• access to all ships and upgrades
• additional hand crafted story content”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The Early Access version of the game is fully playable and contains the entire beginning story-line and all supporting features. It will give players a good idea of what they can expect from the full version of the game when it's released. I will be adding new content regularly over the course of Early Access.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“Stellar Tactics price may go up, down or stay the same during and after Early Access. I'm not expecting to change the price, but it is possible.”​

If you'd like to join in, the Stellar Tactics Early Access build is available on Steam for $20. For more information, be sure to check out the game's detailed official website.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not sure the game will be great as I doubt they will get the necessary funds to have it under development for a lot of time, but, welp I am going to buy it, and try to support them, hope this ends well.

Last edited:

norolim

Arcane
I love it when they make space purple, blue, green and all the other colours of the rainbow, except the one it should be... black.

Apart from that, I still like the premise and still think it's way too ambitious.

Lucky

Arcane
As with any Early Access game, you might want to stay away from this if you can't deal with the thought of it never being properly finished, but what's there so far is pretty good. Clearly needs a lot more work, but it's fun to play and has about 8-10 hours worth of content right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom