Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft: Remastered

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by J_C, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Mengskgender: ⚧ Learned

Mengsk
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    You can customize your hotkeys, if that's what you mean. That's wholly possible.

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Multidirectionalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Multidirectional
    Parrots:
    No that's not what I mean.

^ Top  
  3. cioxgender: ⚧ Learned

ciox
    Parrots:
    If you mean stuff like making tanks siege up as a queued action (after move orders etc) or the same thing with the defiler's consume then that's something you could enable with a game data editor since 1998, since making orders queueable is just a checkbox, but it hasn't been changed for Remastered because they didn't change anything that could affect multiplayer balance, and didn't bother making a distinction for singleplayer.

The inability to zoom out and other shitty aspects definitely let the old resolution expander hacks remain as a potential viable way to play Starcraft, are they any good these days?

^ Top  
  4. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    It was still a viable game before the remaster. Quit being a baby.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. cioxgender: ⚧ Learned

ciox
    Parrots:
    I play it all the time at native resolution, but even then I still typically use the windowed mode plugin with the 2x pixel perfect upscale option, because 640x480 stretched with filtering to fill the whole screen is just trash in modern times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Taka-Haradin puolipeikkogender: ⚧ Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
    WHY DOES IT SEND ME TO BUY PAGE WHEN I WANT TO PLAY IT????
    :killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw::argh::stabbedintheback::despair::x

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. cioxgender: ⚧ Learned

ciox
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• decline decline x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. catfoodgender: ⚧ AGAIN

catfood
    Parrots:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. vdwellergender: ⚧ Learned

vdweller
    Parrots:
    Did they add romance options? How visible are Kerrigan's high heels?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    Reach, July, Boxer, and Firebathero all competed in today's starleague qualifiers. What fucking year is it?

ofc none of them got through, but I imagine they'll try again tomorrow and the day after. Reach definitely has a shot at passing now that the scariest players have already qualified and so does July. Sadly not Boxer :'( :'( :'(

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. MilesBeyondgender: ⚧ Savant

MilesBeyond
    Parrots:
    Oh baby hell yes. Man the hell people whining about the art style. I don't like the remastered art as much as I liked the original but the art style is like a fraction of a percent of what made Starcraft great. Bisu wrecking shit with god level Dragoon micro is what we should be focusing on here. That shit was insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    Honestly I think the complaints about art all seem to centre around splash art and a few of the portraits. From people like myself who're on this hype train to watch the tournaments and (when they get some actual fucking time) play on the ladder, the actual game itself looks exactly how it should. At a glance I seriously can't even tell I'm looking at a different game, and that's the way a remaster is supposed to be.

• Agree Agree x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. TalesfromtheCryptgender: ⚧ Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Parrots:
    I never complained about the ingame graphics itself, they look exactly as they should and Blizz did a masterful job, gotta hand it to them. Some of the portraits and the artwork are fucked up though.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Sergiogender: ⚧ Educated

Sergio
    Parrots:
    so did they remaster the videos or do I have to spend 20 euros just for some reworked units graphics?

^ Top  
  15. catfoodgender: ⚧ AGAIN

catfood
    Parrots:
    Yes.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  16. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    The non-remastered game is free if you're so horrifically unemployed that you can't afford $20 euros. The only thing you miss out on is matchmaking and ladders. The cut-scenes are a little clearer, though. They must have had access to the original renders before they were compressed to fit on a CD.

^ Top  
  17. Sergiogender: ⚧ Educated

Sergio
    Parrots:
    okay thanks for the heads up.

It's not about being poor, more about checking what kind of effort they put into it. And to me 20 euros for that is not that worth it unless, as you said, I was interested into the ladder and matchmaking, but even in that case I would remark that I could bet they just copy pasted sc2's code and had to do 0 work.

Whatever..

^ Top  
  18. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    If you intended to just play the campaign and then put the game down after a week, the remaster isn't marketed towards you. RTSes aren't really marketed towards you in general.

^ Top  
  19. Sergiogender: ⚧ Educated

Sergio
    Parrots:
    they were targeted to me, but after what I saw from Blizzard I just quit altogether.

I played both WoL and Hots and and I was grandmaster there with terran. But they couldn't handle the fairness in the balance in any meaningful way and the game became unbalanced to the maximum (see the infestor broodlord strategy in Wol) to frustrating (especially against protoss in hots).

Sometimes I think about the fact that I should buy sc to play the ladder there too, but I'm honestly too scared about the steps blizzard is intending to take. Will they balance it too, or will they leave it to the map makers, as it always was?

I wouldn't bet on them one euro. Sorry, and I say that as someone that was really passionate about rts.

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    The entire point of the Remaster is to leave the game exactly how it is. The dev team has acknowledged that the game has perfect balance and that they won't change a single thing, not even the selection limits or dragoon pathing. Blizzard has already taken all of the steps they intended to take outside of ladder implementation (still waiting for 2v2 matchmaking and ladder tiers)

You must be late to this thread.

^ Top  
  21. Sergiogender: ⚧ Educated

Sergio
    Parrots:
    okay, good to know. I will give it a thought. Thanks for your help.

^ Top  
  22. Destroidgender: ⚧ Arcane

Destroid
    Parrots:
    They remastered them in the wrong aspect ratio.

^ Top  
  23. ArchAngelgender: ⚧ Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    And now people report that Dragoon stop bug is happening more often than before and that some other units are also having these problems. Maybe leaving things exactly as before is not that great of an idea.

^ Top  
  24. RhodokMasterRaceOfficialgender: ⚧ Savant

RhodokMasterRaceOfficial
    Parrots:
    Or maybe it being in a patch note just happened to draw more peoples' attention to it. :hearnoevil:

^ Top  
  25. ArchAngelgender: ⚧ Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    We are talking here about people on TL that are complaining, not Reddit or Blizzard forums.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)