Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is like one of those free to play mobile games but an 60 euro abomination version of it.

mbv123

Arbiter
I think the best part of all this is where people on Reddit are acting like they are shocked, as if EA has just started this kind of thing recently. The masses really are stupid. The elephant in the room is also being ignored, and it's the $80 price tag on a game that still depends on purchasing more loot boxes or grinding out a work week. It's this same level of disbelief that leads me to believe that all these people cancelling pre-orders will just re-purchase in the near future. You get what you deserve. This little uprising is about to get put down once EA releases some new statement of them making changes for the release version, then followed by the release of the game and the reviewers (as already seen above) driving the new narrative that actually amounts to nothing. But hey, "EA listened to us!" They will cry and proceed to break down in purchase of the game.
Redditors are retarded normies, what else is new?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
DOkk855W0AA-GxQ.jpg:large

Hellion

Arcane
Meanwhile, Blizzard announces StarCraft 2 officially going Free-to-Play by taking shots at EA for this fiasco:

And below that, a DICE Design Director that worked on Battlefront replies:

:salute:

Cael

Arcane
The only people they have to blame for harassment and backlash are themselves. They should have known they were playing with fire by making this a pay to win game. Even all the other shitty ass games that make all their money through crates aren't actually pay to win, they just give people different skins that dumbasses pay thousands for.
I got news for you, buddy:
Wartune
Travian
Grepolis
War2glory

Pay2win, all of them. The last three is the best in that the servers RESET every so often, knocking EVERYONE back down to starting gear so you have to spend all over again.

HitPepper

Erudite
Tangential, but still relevant.

This is the future. Unless something radical happens, like the ESRB/PEGI stepping in to stop rampant lootbox gambling in non-f2p shit (which they already refused to do), or a government going in with a power tool where a scalpel should be used.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
The only people they have to blame for harassment and backlash are themselves. They should have known they were playing with fire by making this a pay to win game. Even all the other shitty ass games that make all their money through crates aren't actually pay to win, they just give people different skins that dumbasses pay thousands for.
I got news for you, buddy:
Wartune
Travian
Grepolis
War2glory

Pay2win, all of them. The last three is the best in that the servers RESET every so often, knocking EVERYONE back down to starting gear so you have to spend all over again.
I've never heard of any of those. I was thinking of CSGO, H1Z1, and the recent cawadooties.

Cael

Arcane
I've never heard of any of those. I was thinking of CSGO, H1Z1, and the recent cawadooties.
Word of advice: Do NOT even THINK about trying them out. Just DON'T. The first one, especially. Unless you really like to be milked of your money by people who sneer at you for your stupidity.
MMO Flash games <- separating dumbfucks from their money since at least 2007.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So this blew up in EA's face, and rightly so.

Fortunately, they fixed some of the problems and are workong on others.

The game itself? Fucking amazing. Been playing it nonstop almost. And still real fun.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So this blew up in EA's face, and rightly so.

Fortunately, they fixed some of the problems and are workong on others.

The game itself? Fucking amazing. Been playing it nonstop almost. And still real fun.
You never cease to amaze me.
:excellent:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Buahahahaha EA is amazing,they cut the rewards by 75% after they cut the cost 75%....buahahahahaha
You could say it's some corporation agents working on destroying EA from the inside, noone can be that incompetent.
By the way, guy from the vidoe has the most annoying voice and tone possible.

Cael

Arcane
Buahahahaha EA is amazing,they cut the rewards by 75% after they cut the cost 75%....buahahahahaha.
It won't be the first time a corporation tried something like that. Jack up prices and then have a sale is another trick they use. It all ends up the same to the company, but it has been known to fool consumers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahaha EA is amazing,they cut the rewards by 75% after they cut the cost 75%....buahahahahaha.
It won't be the first time a corporation tried something like that. Jack up prices and then have a sale is another trick they use. It all ends up the same to the company, but it has been known to fool consumers.
Yeah i know mate,it is like jacking up prices and putting sights that you have 50% discount. It is a common thing.

Cael

Arcane
Yeah i know mate,it is like jacking up prices and putting sights that you have 50% discount. It is a common thing.
I must admit, though, after the backlash of their first idiocy that even made the papers here, for them to try and pull something like this so soon smacks of a trolling prank of some sort.
This borders on SJW levels of stupid and arrogance.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I must admit, though, after the backlash of their first idiocy that even made the papers here, for them to try and pull something like this so soon smacks of a trolling prank of some sort.
This borders on SJW levels of stupid and arrogance.
They were betting on not being found out.

Missed a word and edit it,sorry.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
They were betting on being found out.

OK. You will have to explain that one, because that seems to be a monumentally bad idea to me as it would compound on the already increadibly bad will towards them.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

They only cut the rewards in the campaign you fucking moron. Research your shit before you mouth off. Credit gain in matches, challenges, etc. is EXCACTLY the same as before.
They reduced campaign reward because they reduced the hero prices. this was always intentional.

Cael

Arcane
They only cut the rewards in the campaign you fucking moron. Research your shit before you mouth off. Credit gain in matches, challenges, etc. is EXCACTLY the same as before.
They reduced campaign reward because they reduced the hero prices. this was always intentional.

Challenges? You mean the bit where the pay2win folks would blow you away in two nanoseconds because you don't have all the shiny stuff they bought? You do realise that that money making gambit has been around in Flash MMO games since the year dot? You deliberately pit player vs player and set out some items that give advantages and stand back and watch the escalating arms race while raking in the cash.

Also, it was NOT intentional that they reduce the prices. That came about because of the backlash. So, you are basically telling me that it was EA's intention to make it even WORSE than what they have already told the players that already led to the outright revolt? I am sure the players would LOVE to hear that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom