Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Good things are not popular and don't sell well. Shit things are super popular and make a fortune.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is also Ray of Hope megamod but people went apeshit about something with servers and them being vulnerable to cheaters (of "well know nationality").

edit
they know how to pump my blood pressure
They did not announced what will be the next GSC project after Cossacs3 release but there are some leads...
before they released third installment of Cossacs GSC twitter account was filled with nothing but Cos3 themed tweets.
just look at this shit
gsc_tweet.png.f00d98eaf2ac54bcc1db83c534eea6a0.png

Guess what's in their latest tweets now?
1qmOF6z.jpg

and there is keys giveaway for all 3 STALKERs, funded by GSC
wrpiItE.jpg

coincidence?

Last edited:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Is there anything that can be considered "stalkerish"? Any Mod for any game?

Ive played through stalker & the others multiple times, with and without mods.
Played the metro's(i know they arent stalker in any way but they still scratch that itch atleast a little bit), read the books (metro & roadside picnic), watched the movie.
I even played some of the terrible online shooters/mmo's.... Replaying right now would not scratch itch, hasnt been long since i completed a run...

I need some russian/bleak postapocalyptic stuff, dont even care what it is, webcomic?

Ivan

Arcane
Yes, although you may not believe it: Far Cry 3: Ziggy's Mod. For some reason, I used this mod for my first playthrough, and there's no way I would play without it. It feels like Stalker Misery Lite. Of course it's nowhere near as atmospheric, but the gameplay is up to par. One of the finest modern fps experiences I've had.

Some gameplay:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
@up
looks like FC3 with removed crap like popamole markers and bullet sponges. So it's like Misery 1.2, alright... Not sure if there is such mod for FC4 but there is for FC2 - like Dylan's Mod and other based on it.

Mods? People tried to make some for Men of War or even make something in CryEngine but all ended in trash can or development hell. Maybe there is one mod for MoW that can be downloaded in beta/alpha/v0.004 but it might be hard to find...
Currently Call of Misery and modpack called Last Day is trendy, but some changes in that LD made me drop that mod - even more junk that you can't sell or for few rubles, almost completely destroyed guns (bandits, mercs or even military, doesn't matter) and some other crap that I forgot.

Maybe other games? Neo Scavenger, Underrail, Marauder-Man of Prey...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They were making a Stalker -esque game in the Men of War engine, had trailers and gameplay vids of it and everything. Looked pretty cool, but can't remember its name or find any trailers for it :(
I'm almost 100% it was something official, non-mod.

Ivan

Arcane
atmosphere is half of what makes STALKER special to me, the other is the feeling of scrounging/straggling to survive.

Again, Far Cry 3 Ziggy scratched that second itch, a bit.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
What do you take me for? Of course I have a separate "Games" folder. I did everything that was needed + the suggestions found by googling, like launching vanilla game before installing mod and deleting sweetfx files. Nothing works.

same here, bro. Been trying to get AA to work. I had an old install i couldnt remember if Id modded at all, didn't work there, tried a few torrented versions to see if I could get any to work and no luck so far. Trying a few more things just to be sure.

EDIT: I got it to work. Not sure exactly which option did the trick but here goes: Open the fsgame.ltx file and change values in first line to true. This is in the AA readme but is easy to miss if you often skip those things. Reinstalled DirectX2010 (Id reinstalled windows recently and realized i may not have still had all my old directx libraries) install AA with all options as close to vanilla as possible -- static lighting, no enb, default fov etc. Im going to try to reinstall with dynamic lighting as that is a huge part of what makes the vanilla game still look so good, but performance is fine and at least Ive got it running on Windows 10

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
Lost Alpha Directors Cut 1.4005 was just released.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/news/stalker-lost-alpha-dc-14005-release

I've recently been on a mod spree for Stalka SHOC after forgetting everything about the second half of the game and must say, it didnt age well. I usually get to the Bar and maybe a little farther to first lab to check if economy or gameplay breaks and I was very disappointed.

Vanilla
I forgot that there is a bloodsucker and a controller in Streloks hideout tunnels at Agroprom. I remembered wrong that you meet the first controller in a lab and the first bloodsuckers in the village at freedom base. Imo that would preserve discovery and pace much much better. Gameplay peaks in the first fight vs bandits. I think you get the first optics in Streloks hideout? And PSO at Bar, afterwards it all QE pointless trash gameplay. Economy is irrelevant. Artifact hunt is like easter egging for the mentally retarded.

Complete 1.4.4 (played it in ~2009)
Same as vanilla. Prettier (grass draw distance is the single most important gfx setting there is) and comfier, with more guns. NPC throw grenades better and more often. But nothing much changes.

Complete with Gearpack Extreme Addon (dec 2017)
Wants to be hardcore, weightlimit, no minimap. NPC notice you easy at long distances. Hard hitting melee mutants. Gear rebalancing allows the economy to survive up to the Bar, but the drops are still good quality and sell. NPC grenades still as in Complete - not enough.

Autumn Aurora 2 (dec 2017)
Autistic Autizm, piss filter was not enough for these faggots so they made the zone brown from the inside. Great new NPC models in a sea of shit. Gameplay breaks before the first bandits fight: the guy helping you carries a Saiga12 with great grouping and an obscene fire rate. Its an endgame gun... Shit mod - if not for the most aggressive and grenade happy NPC. That kinda makes it playable (just try attacking the army outpust near rook village). I wish other mods would offer such aggro grenadier NPCs.

LURK
Complete trash. Enemies dont see you in bushes roffles. Ugly UI, ugly gfx. Pointless guns with same stats.

OGSE 0693
Playing right now and it looks like the comparatively best pseudo vanilla mod out there. Bunch of new content, some of it ok, a bit good, some shit. But overall just the added scope is interesting. Gear, cars, gfx, quests - all nice additions and options to cater the gameplay stats to your preferences.
Overall backtracking is retarded. Even with planning and cars.
Some content is bad, like the puppet you find that talks, or the haunted house quest. There are 2 controllers at Streloks Hideout which is retarded and completely ruins the virgin moment. I also dont like how controllers announce themselves... They are easy as pie too. Chuck a grenade and they die... Its funny when they try to herd their zombies around themselves if you snipe htem. xD. Psi burers are dumb. I dont know how to even kill them. They dont die from grenades or gun fire. Flamer maybe. There is a chimera before the Bar. Why?
Respawn rate is max 24 hours and when you set it to 24, there is a random chance to rolls over to 0 instead of 25 hours. Cant set it higher either...
There is a stalker guy at the first lab (is he there in vanilla?) which seems retarded. Nothing can kill him...
Gameplay and economy break when you get a PSO at the Bar since you can buy an SVD at 17k in the first rook village... In fact you get optics even earlier and from there on its all QE trash. Since NPC dont throw grenades well, imo worse than Complete even...
Artifacts and anomalies are better than vanilla.
Bunch of guns are pointless if you dont activate the aiming reticule.
Recommendable slightly over Complete with Gearpack despite some atmosphere ruining default settings and unchangeable shit content.

Lost Alpha Directors Cut 1.4004
Just started mucking around and it looks nice but guns drop at normal quality, so the economy is broken already... And I have a bug that the NPCs dont move after I shoot them and look at a slight angle at me when I QE them. Crossing army blockpost is trivial...
1.4005 changelog says that now guns drop damaged and its nice of them to time their release with my binge!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-echo-of-misery-eng

Another standalone package of Call of Misery + numerous addons. What's the difference? You see - Xray engine have some amazing stuff inside that became standard years later but engine itself had limitations - max 3GB RAM and single CPU core used.

There is a Last Day (another CoM + addons package) http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day that let you utilize more RAM but Echo of Misery let you use this and more CPU cores.
Results? This mod would be sluggish bloatware but with these miraculous features run smooth like a knife on hot butter.
Still - get some SSD will ya.

@up
there will be STCoP weapons pack for LA DC coming, might try it again since original massively disappointing release...

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
LA 1.4005 has some weapon rebalancing integrated now, which was an addon prior.

LA creates some nice lighting effects in the evening. They look better in motion.
GPo8uDx.jpg

xMX5fjP.jpg

> wanna know how I got those scars?
3ELyHCh.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is that guy from modern Resident Evil games?
What's up with putting horrible character models from other games? Like... some dumb modder put them in his "joke mod" (they are released from time to time for lulz) and russians (it's common good, no propriety yada yada) steal it and put in their mods, for srs.
Only rebel girl from HL2 is doable, rest like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013 and some unidentified plastic doll in NPCs nanosuit from Metroid? or whatever are completely retardred like all these mods.
Just because it is contend and there was put some work in it doesn't mean you should put it in the mod.

Anyone played New Arsenal? It weapon pack + graphic overhaul and some questslines and locations added. It might be the first case where I met this behavior, where enemy fire at you and always miss few bursts before landing sucessful hit. Every. Single. Time. Unless you come closer into his breath range. And snipers are savages, firing their Dragunovs like a maniacs. Hey, snipers shouldn;t be trigger happy, amrite?

ArchAngel

Arcane
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-echo-of-misery-eng

Another standalone package of Call of Misery + numerous addons. What's the difference? You see - Xray engine have some amazing stuff inside that became standard years later but engine itself had limitations - max 3GB RAM and single CPU core used.

There is a Last Day (another CoM + addons package) http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day that let you utilize more RAM but Echo of Misery let you use this and more CPU cores.
Results? This mod would be sluggish bloatware but with these miraculous features run smooth like a knife on hot butter.
Still - get some SSD will ya.

@up
there will be STCoP weapons pack for LA DC coming, might try it again since original massively disappointing release...
Is this some modification of the Misery mod for CoP?

EDIT: Ah this seems to be a mod for first Stalker.

I only own CoP, is there any other mod in addition to Misery that makes the game more realistic?
Any way to mod weapons in Misery (or in vanilla CoP)?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
Weapon pack for LA DC is out. Even if I larp 'hard economy' by not picking up guns at all, the content of LA DC seem to be bad.

You encounter and kill 7 poltergeists after the first bandit fight...
Anomalies are not deadly, neither are grenades (in OGSE grenades are fucking nukes, you run as soon as you hear enemies yell something that vaguely reminds of you grenades).
The smaller and more hidden artifucks are nifty but are not toughening up the economy, which is still far too liberal.
The AI does not shoot you if you QE around corners. You can easily slaughter enemies while they walk towards you. Some mods modify this behaviour. Even OGSE is more aggressive about it.
And the build locations are worse than final game release ones. The factory where the first bandit fight happens is better in the official release. Its more open, you can get flanked more easily. The blockpost is better.
There are retarded cutscenes in LA DC that teleport you around. Sleeping has more retarded movies filmed ingame... Fucking modders...
Some extra content is shit, like 'Kill sniper' at Garbage. Said sniper is shown you in a cutscene (why?...) posing around, such sniper wow. He is fucking standing too. I shot him with a Makarov from range QEing around a tree... When I walk to his body, a cutscene (an ugly and dumb one) triggers and teleports you to a tunnel, walking two steps towards the tunnel, you cant miss a bloodsucker standing around... Said bloodsucker has moronic AI, if you hit him shooting, he runs away...
Monsters are nerfed. Vanilla pseudodogs are danger danger in vanilla on master, its like 2 bites and you bite the dust. In LA DC I was caught with half a stamina bar on my way to Garbage by 2 pseudodogs and managed to crawl to the house with the religious fanatics. I mean, this is like mod disqualifying encounter...

So, I'll try the STCoP weapon pack but the content is already worse than vanilla...

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I only own CoP, is there any other mod in addition to Misery that makes the game more realistic?

Nah, it goes that way:
There is megamod called Stalker: Call of Chernobyl, it's standalone project.
Some people made Misery-like mod for it called Call of Misery.
It was so good and better than original Misery (which is not hard to accomplish, srsly) they made other project based on CoM.
Some of them are just CoM + numerous minimods and addons, but some of them are standalone project with upgraded engine.

There is CoM: Last Day let you use more than 3GB of RAM. And there is linked by me - Echo of Misery, which let you use more than 1 CPU core.
Results? Despite being massive resource clogged project - they run way, way way way better than Misery 2.1 because Mis2.1 does not change anything with engine. Even more - there is so much clusterfuk in mod files it nigh unplayable without SSD drive.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok, yadda yadda yadda

I never finished the original SoC and never touched the other games in the series. I need something relaxing. What's the best selection of mods for SoC? i'm searching something on the line of the Basic Patch for Bloodlines, something that keeps the game from fucking itself, restores cut content and makes the experience more enjoyable. I don't need some weird serbian nonsense with ball-busting difficulty and borked spawns.

Extra stuff can be added (I am a weapon sperg as they go, I always appreciate some extra sperging) but it's not essential. Thanks.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nah, it goes that way:
There is megamod called Stalker: Call of Chernobyl, it's standalone project.
Some people made Misery-like mod for it called Call of Misery.
It was so good and better than original Misery (which is not hard to accomplish, srsly) they made other project based on CoM.
Some of them are just CoM + numerous minimods and addons, but some of them are standalone project with upgraded engine.

There is CoM: Last Day let you use more than 3GB of RAM. And there is linked by me - Echo of Misery, which let you use more than 1 CPU core.
Results? Despite being massive resource clogged project - they run way, way way way better than Misery 2.1 because Mis2.1 does not change anything with engine. Even more - there is so much clusterfuk in mod files it nigh unplayable without SSD drive.
So this Echo of Misery, does it require you to own one of the Stalker games?
I only own CoP, don't plan to buy anymore for now.
Also from what I understand, CoP is running on improved engine than first Stalker.
Is this Echo of Misery based on that engine or what?

So for someone looking for a more realistic FPS (where you die or kill with one shot to the head unless you wear a good helmet), which one of these mods would you recommend?

I don't want an FPS where difficulty comes from bullet sponge enemies.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Thanks for the retarded rating, anvi . Next time bother to reply the question is someone isn't willing to read a 90+ pages thread?

Thanks.
Wat. I labelled it retadred cuz it sounded retarded, guessing that is partly a second language issue. But wanting to play Stalker while "looking for something relaxing" is pretty retadred in any language.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So this Echo of Misery, does it require you to own one of the Stalker games?
I only own CoP, don't plan to buy anymore for now.
Also from what I understand, CoP is running on improved engine than first Stalker.
Is this Echo of Misery based on that engine or what?

So for someone looking for a more realistic FPS (where you die or kill with one shot to the head unless you wear a good helmet), which one of these mods would you recommend?

I don't want an FPS where difficulty comes from bullet sponge enemies.

Enemies are not bulletsponges here, no worries. Headshots helps with saving ammunition tho.
EoM engine is heavily updated and based on Call of Chernobyl engine, which is already updated version of CoP engine. Mostly cleaning in code, support for more than 1 CPU core and 3GB RAM.
EoM and Call of Misery are standalone project, you can grab packages that does not need Call of Chernobyl.
Nothing require Call of Pripyat.

I would recommend Last Day for the start.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day/downloads/last-day-1-3
some people say there is far less bullshit situations (ie. deaths) than Misery.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is there a mod for Call of Pripyat that keeps the story, but increases the difficulty and isn't a buggy slog to play through like Misery? Call of Misery and Last Day seem more open ended, and I don't really like sand box games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom