Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

chobbes

Educated
Thanks for the tip. What about wearing out in case of psi? Does it damage suit? I know that burn is strongest in this case, toxic - not so.
Psi damage doesn't wear out your suit, almost all other anomalies will damage your suit (such as fire, toxic, electro).

If you don't have enough money, consider getting just the SEVA helmet or Sphere M08 helmet, cost 50% less than SEVA suit.
But I recommend that you get the SEVA suit right away as soon as you have the money, for artifact hunting.

To maximise your money, sell weapons, ammo and faction badges to Owl, medicine to Tremor/Imamedik, food and drink and tech items to Beard.
Keep your rare and very rare mutant parts and artifacts and sell it to the Scientists once you have completed their missions. They pay much more for those.

If you have the time, repeatedly grind the Water Treatment Plant at Zaton, there are 10-12 mercs which yield good weapons and ammo which you can sell.
Buy more Epinephrine so that you can carry as much loot back to Skadovsk. Don't buy Hercules or anything else, they're inferior.

Let me know if you need anymore tips.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Selling guns to Owl? In my playthrough Beard paid more for guns, or that's me.
I already sold some parts from common mutants. I found pseudogiant hand in the backpack of the stalker (Plotka?) that stop you when you do quest for Beard (first one, with strange glow on the boat), which gave me smile. I like mutant hunting, pack or two of ammo is cool enough. I wasted some cash on pipes that give you +3kg? of additional weight limit.

Badges? I remember selling badges in other mod, Doom's Mod Merge v4 Anon edition, and it make some faction hostile, even when they work with the group that badges were sold.
I guess there is no repercusions toward player for it?

And it's still cool that you can solve most problems with shotgun to the face.
Was in the Sawmill, though my rifle (Mosin?) was good for zombies but nope. It was surprisingly innacurate and 2 bullets in the face was not enough sometimes, while buckshot always work. Based purely on description - it should be opposite.

BTW. there is some problems with robbing stalkers. I made it correct yet guns still are in awful condition. I saw YT clip where guy do same thing and he got SPAS in perfect condition. Strange.

chobbes

Educated
Selling guns to Owl? In my playthrough Beard paid more for guns, or that's me.
I already sold some parts from common mutants. I found pseudogiant hand in the backpack of the stalker (Plotka?) that stop you when you do quest for Beard (first one, with strange glow on the boat), which gave me smile. I like mutant hunting, pack or two of ammo is cool enough. I wasted some cash on pipes that give you +3kg? of additional weight limit.

Badges? I remember selling badges in other mod, Doom's Mod Merge v4 Anon edition, and it make some faction hostile, even when they work with the group that badges were sold.
I guess there is no repercusions toward player for it?

Was in the Sawmill, though my rifle (Mosin?) was good for zombies but nope. It was surprisingly innacurate and 2 bullets in the face was not enough sometimes, while buckshot always work. Based purely on description - it should be opposite.

BTW. there is some problems with robbing stalkers. I made it correct yet guns still are in awful condition. I saw YT clip where guy do same thing and he got SPAS in perfect condition. Strange.

Yeah, what I meant was sell weapons in 100% condition to Owl and the rest to Beard. Only Beard buys weapons in any condition.
Mutant hunting with shotgun is most cost-effective because buckshot is the cheapest ammo. But you have to be accurate with the shotgun esp for fast-moving mutants.

There are no repercussions whatsoever with selling faction badges to Owl.
I have been selling all kinds of Duty, Freedom, Bandit, Merc and Stalker badges to Owl with no issues. Owl pays the most.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Right I forgot that detail, Owl get guns in better condition.
But how do you get badges? I met few Stalker bodies (killed by mutant/zobie/bandit/stalker) and no sign of them.

Silva

Arcane
MotherMachinae, The hobo-phase of Misery is harsh. The safest way to get artifacts is buying a gas-mask and try radiation-only anomalies like the Dredge and the Claw. Add to this some flesh and boar-hunting (to sell their parts for Beard) and the occasional bandit killing, and you'll be out of the hobo-phase in no time.

Edit: oh, and about psy-threats, just avoid them all until you get a good helmet or suit plus some drugs and artifacts like Stone flower and Moonlight.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I solve the early Misery of Misery by raiding all the hidden stashes. Then getting the second gas mask followed by getting the AKM from the roof of the Gas station. Doing this I'm able to raise my cash quickly with very little artifact hunting.

Once in every blue moon its also possible to find a very good gun, especially with the armed zone mod, on the dead Stalkers in the bloodsucker nest. That UMP 45, AR15 special and Saiga 12 took me to endgame with ease.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thanks for the info. I actually like that first phase of the game. And holy cow - trading wiht Beard when Emission hit is dangerous, these random radio noises...

Strange, didn't found AKM on Gas Station. Must look better then.

chobbes

Educated
Right I forgot that detail, Owl get guns in better condition.
But how do you get badges? I met few Stalker bodies (killed by mutant/zobie/bandit/stalker) and no sign of them.

You can grab the badges in dead bodies. It doesn't occur very often.
Supposedly Misery allows you to sew on the patches onto your suit for faction allegiance, but it was a cut feature.
Misery also had a companion system, a la SGM, but it was also a cut feature due to bugginess.

Thanks for the info. I actually like that first phase of the game. And holy cow - trading wiht Beard when Emission hit is dangerous, these random radio noises...
Strange, didn't found AKM on Gas Station. Must look better then.

Click below for detailed location of AKM in Gas Station
Go to the back of the gas station, you will see a gas tank and a staircase leading to it.
Take the stairs and jump on top of the gas tank. From there take a running jump to the rooftop.
The AKM and other goodies are stashed in a backpack in the rooftop corner closest to the gas tank.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah I found that stash on gas station. It seems that appear after finding one of the Alun's journal, woth no need to looking for all of them. And reaching roof here is somewhat random. I tried jumping from gas tank but never managed to do that, only from the small buiding on the right.
Oh boy, days past pretty quick in this mod, incoming night is noticed by incoming blowout around 7pm. I went outside some day and found big pile of mutant bodies near Claw anomaly. So many parts, around 45kg of trophies. Now I considered going to Yanov.
Tried to do artifact hunt on Dredge station and succeed. These cheap containers are cool things, really.
Fos some reason there is no psi storms, one of the tips on loading screen said there're random artifacts after this thing. Maybe some settings switched off. And I already got best detector after solving Beard questline.

I never tried companions in SGM too, they were bugged too.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think there is a screen resolution(or is the view angle?) effect where it causes the aim & crosshair to be slightly off, which may account for your poor accuracy with rifle but good accuracy with buckshot.
Check the Misery readme file or the forums where they tell you which resolution to choose.

The robbing youtube video was mine, maybe they patched it? The gun appears in your inventory and does not need to be picked up.

chobbes

Educated
If you miss your minimap in your Misery HUD, check out Minimap for Misery 2.1.1.
It re-enables a modified minimap on your screen.
Strictly for friend-or-foe identification only. No enemy aggression or noise meters.
Useful when you have trouble differentiating between friendly stalkers and hostile mercs from afar.

If you want a more minimalist HUD, there is M.E.H.U.D., with a version specially made for Misery 2.1.1.

chobbes

Educated
Yeah I found that stash on gas station. It seems that appear after finding one of the Alun's journal, woth no need to looking for all of them. And reaching roof here is somewhat random. I tried jumping from gas tank but never managed to do that, only from the small buiding on the right.
Oh boy, days past pretty quick in this mod, incoming night is noticed by incoming blowout around 7pm. I went outside some day and found big pile of mutant bodies near Claw anomaly. So many parts, around 45kg of trophies. Now I considered going to Yanov.
Tried to do artifact hunt on Dredge station and succeed. These cheap containers are cool things, really.
Fos some reason there is no psi storms, one of the tips on loading screen said there're random artifacts after this thing. Maybe some settings switched off. And I already got best detector after solving Beard questline.

I never tried companions in SGM too, they were bugged too.
The most expensive artifact container is unable to fully remove the radiation from the some of the most powerful artifacts, sadly.
Thus I never attached any of the artifacts to my suit, its good for selling only. There are better uses for my 4 precious slots.

If psi-storms are not activated in your game, go and open up your gamedata/configs/atmosfear_parameters.ltx
Make sure the below line is set to "1".

opt_enable_psi_storm = 1 ; 1 enables fallouts, 0 prevents fallouts from happening

See if psi-storms occur within the next 3-5 days after you made this change.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Out of the hobo zone, at last. Almost dropped game at this point. Now I run around, checks some places, now going to Iron Forest.

Few things. First- when hunger icon appear = no running unless you get some coke. And yes, after few quests and artifact hunting it becamed my most important item. Second - artifact do nothing when attached to the belt. In container or not, no matter. Third - there was no SEVA to buy but basic orange suit was enough. And it don't worn out that fast like some players reported.

PSI storm working, I was misleaded by entry about random artifacts after them, that's lie.

Now questions. Who pay better for mutant parts, scientists or Trapper?

I made raid on the Mercs in the Zaton, using M16 with scope (for some reason it's Sniper gun). That was mistake, fatal mistace. Despite full condition it constantly jamming, like some reagge singer. And AP ammo with IV class penetriation didn't do much to mercs, while buckshots with II managed to take down exo leader... and guess what, no tools here, they were on sawmill that I checked before and found nothing before.

Got sensible chuckles when tried to accept scientists mission with controler, didn't made it with joint nor pack of weed. Then bought helmet for 27k, sold back for 17k. While traders sell it for 35k and buy for 3k. Nice.

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
Out of the hobo zone, at last. Almost dropped game at this point. Now I run around, checks some places, now going to Iron Forest.

Few things. First- when hunger icon appear = no running unless you get some coke. And yes, after few quests and artifact hunting it becamed my most important item. Second - artifact do nothing when attached to the belt. In container or not, no matter. Third - there was no SEVA to buy but basic orange suit was enough. And it don't worn out that fast like some players reported.

PSI storm working, I was misleaded by entry about random artifacts after them, that's lie.

Now questions. Who pay better for mutant parts, scientists or Trapper?

I made raid on the Mercs in the Zaton, using M16 with scope (for some reason it's Sniper gun). That was mistake, fatal mistace. Despite full condition it constantly jamming, like some reagge singer. And AP ammo with IV class penetriation didn't do much to mercs, while buckshots with II managed to take down exo leader... and guess what, no tools here, they were on sawmill that I checked before and found nothing before.

Got sensible chuckles when tried to accept scientists mission with controler, didn't made it with joint nor pack of weed. Then bought helmet for 27k, sold back for 17k. While traders sell it for 35k and buy for 3k. Nice.
Are you sure attaching artifacts to your suit doesn't work, did you put the artifact inside an Artifact Application Module or Artifact Application Container first?
Putting it inside a Lead-Lined Metal Container will fully negate the artifact's effects and radiation.

Make sure to repair your weapons and armor after every expedition, because repair costs increases much more after the first "green square" is lost.
Consistently doing minor repairs is much cheaper than making one big repair in the long run.

Trapper doesn't buy anything from you.

Make sure you save one Meat Chunk and Kolobok for a quest later in Jupiter.

Location of Repair Tools in Zaton (for my Recon character)
Basic - Ranger Station
Fine - Iron Forest
Calibration - Waste Treatment Plant

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They're different for every class it seems.
And no, artifacts don't change anything. Even when they were put in containers attachable to belts.

Now I need to find Swarog detector, this time it work different, got 3rd decetor from Beard.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just a heads up.
In Misery 2 the stats you see are not reliable so don't judge the effects of artifacts from your inventory stats. You have to check the game files for the actual effects and experiment.
I don't think you can put artifacts on your belt without first putting it in a container btw.
Are you running other mods together with Misery 2? Artifacts works for me.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I already told that I put them in container first. And only mod (except Misery2) is Les Miserables.
Was trying to make it work with TAZ (more guns in Misery) but wasn't that good. And most guns are for Assaulter anyway.

EDIT ok, need to buy another Veles from scientitst and do one of their quets. Never saw any new thingin ther offer but whatever.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The armed zone mode offers two very good guns for none Assault classes if you are lucky enough to find them, or save scum on the artifact quest for Beard as well as double crossing the bandits in Sultans mission.

The UMP 45 as well as the excellent AR15 special.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And TAZ add revolvers. I really like revolvers. Not even mere MP412 Rex in any mod except this one.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Barely managed to reach Pripyat. This is sick joke.
First - I made some quests in favor to Freedom. Results? Zone is flooded with Duty members, they even appeared of fkng Zaton! Freedums guys are 5% of the map population now. Realism, my ass...
Tunell to Pripyat - people constantly shot their own backs. Snorks slaughtery. Despite disabling all fancy effects shooting into water (and there is water in the tunnels) reward you with single digit FPS. Have fun fighing.
Reached Pripyat, wandered some time, dropped the game definitely.

Now I'm trying Misery 2.1 in Rookie Mode + The Armed Zone 1.7,4 + spawner, just for fun.
Then maybe Misery 1.2 or SGM 2.2 Lost Soul.

EDIT
Tested Misery 2.1 in Rookie Mode + The Armed Zone 1.7,4 + spawner. Basic cheap items are cheaper (nearly Les Miserables value) but medium and expensive one are painfully expensive.

Tested Misery 1.2 and it's nice, like Silva said. Emptiness compared to Misery 2.1, less junk and items. I liked that you can shoot down things faster. Remind me Redux in term of ammunition (few bullets in the corpse? Consider yourself lucky) and lack of bullet sponges.

Will play SGM 2.2 Lost Soul now, but need some pause from CoP. It have Shoker Weapons which is massive :incline:

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Between the emissions, missions crashes and actor hands that don't fit suits, I'm considering going back to plain version 2 Autumn Aurora. Does someone advice against it ? Also, is there an ENB that injects DoF like in 2.1 ?

Thanks in advance.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Instead of getting a 760 a couple of months ago I waited for the 960 and it is sweeet; can finally run all the games at full settings at a stalker stable 60 FPS (that means a couple of stutters but nothing mayor) and even Lost Alpha is playing nice

chobbes

Educated
Between the emissions, missions crashes and actor hands that don't fit suits, I'm considering going back to plain version 2 Autumn Aurora. Does someone advice against it ? Also, is there an ENB that injects DoF like in 2.1 ?

Thanks in advance.
I think Autumn Aurora is pretty fine for a vanilla 2.0 playthrough. It's bugfree and very stable.
Not sure about those ENB or SweetFX stuff as I don't use those.

Actually I'm waiting for OGSE 0.6.9.3 English version, but I think it's gonna take some time though.

chobbes

Educated
I'm about to finish Misery as a Recon.

Right now trying out SGM 2.1 vanilla as I understand from DavidMe that its the most stable version, yet still keeping most of the maps and features of SGM 2.2

Gameplay is very smooth with minimal stutters, even in Jupiter! Can't say that for Misery nor SGM Lost Soul edition.

Don't really like SGM's default HUD and thus I swapped it with Misery's Minimap Restoration minimod, which is more elegant.
It works perfectly except that the health and stamina bar is now on the bottom right hand corner, just above the ammo counter.

Unwanted

Obama Phone

Unwanted
Tried out Misery 2.1.1 yesterday and didn't like it. It needs the graphic overhaul of complete, which last I checked, is not compatible with this Misery release. I'm not into installing 10+ mods just to play a game so I went back to Pripyat Complete. From what I've played, the difficulty level only seems easy in Chernobyl Complete, Clear Sky and Pripyat are still too tough to play on Master.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom