Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Need big titted model wimmin for that.

Sodafish

Arcane
They should have added antibiotics anabiotics, like in CoP.

I dunno, I always thought anabiotics just rendered the blowouts completely redundant. It's better when they're certain death and you're forced to respect them - provided the designers give you adequately frequent hiding places of course.

DraQ

Arcane
I dunno, I always thought anabiotics just rendered the blowouts completely redundant. It's better when they're certain death and you're forced to respect them - provided the designers give you adequately frequent hiding places of course.
Scarcity (like "find 1 package prior to your first one-way section where you may be trapped away from shelter, buy any subsequent one at the cost of full crate of RUs")? Maybe a long term debuff?

Yes, you should be forced to respect them but in the event one catches you with your pants down without sufficient warning it's good to have a way out other than "are you sure your last save was made when the situation was still salvageable"?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No loverslab, animations are hardcoded and can't be changed.
It's not Gamebryo, sry for ruining your dream Jayson, bout mass assault on villages and bar for mass sodomity toward hopeless rookies.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thank god the modders rather need to focus on important gameplay feautures...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, I remember someone made bloodsucker riding bicycle and that was enough for me.

Which remind me about my whining... Why bother with vehicles when bikes would be better. No crashing and faster run. I imagine riding on bicylce through Dark Passage or Red Forest :desu:

Silva

Arcane
In CoP anabiotics are only available if you finish all scientists side-missions, and even then its not always available for sell. Perhaps a similar condition could be arranged in SoC AA. (or else just make it cost 15k RU like suggested above).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I found that the Emisión anabiotics in CoP (with Misery) was scarce enough to me neccesary to keep on at all times and that the emissions were kind of unfair sometimes; I got caught on the Mercenary camp in the factory once and you could get killed literaly from a 3 feet diferente or in "safe" places like the gas station.
I like the feeling of dread from the Stalker games where ammo, food and meds are always on your mind, but having to replay a big chunk of gameplay even if you make it to a closed in building is kind of cool to still keep you on your toes if you unlucky enough as to not have any meds on you

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got my first blowout. Just when I was asked to defend hangar on Garbage. Shit was intense and only PP19 Bizon (can't imagine it with mere pistol and sawed-off shotgun when everything s-s-s-sha-a-aake-shake) saved the day. And two grenades. Robbers were hiding from emission as well cause no shootout happen.
Artifacts have tendency to stick inside anomalies or under objects, like on on Farm in Kordon under some machine.

Mod run surprisingly well, seems like custom config (no DoF, bloom and reduced AA) give a kick.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah it runs fine for me, apart from occasional bits where it just freezes for about 1 second - most often in the Bar area.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And I liked thing about artifacts, that soft air move like over boiling water, that give you another hint about their location. Obviously basic detector show nothing. I have reason to revisit locations, like Agroprom undergrounds.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh, I also read that yesterday. Heard he want to do this thing again under other name. And that was the guy with some health issues (pneumonia) so prepare for longer time o action.

Speaking about more guns - addon for Misery named The Armed Zone was released 2 days ago with new version. More stuff
http://www.moddb.com/mods/misery-the-armed-zone
Sadly, not compatible with Les Miserables... I tried that month ago.

PS. I found mod for Men of War that run it into game set in Stalker series. Abandoned but I managed to find installer. I try to report as soon as I can.
There is other similiar project called Stalker: Doomed to Death (cheese intensification) but no news from it, silence and propably abandoned but not yet officially...

EDIT. Day Later
Just like I though. I come back into Agroprom undergroound with new detector from Barman, found dozen of sweet artifacts in these places with waving air. I liked how they handle lack of lights on detectors by use of minimap.
Plus new bandit spawn where one mook got special AN94 Abakan. Pity grenade launcher is not visible...

When I get new detector?

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
You can help Freedom a bit, but don't join them or you will get attacked by Duty on sight. This means you will have to kill every one of them in the Bar area and then the other stalkers will hunt you down. Also, Duty respawn between the Bar and Wild Territory entrance area, so you will have to fight them every time you pass there.

The Bar area doesn't get destroyed, nor Freedom take it over.

The best thing is just to do a bit of work for both factions, and stay friendly with both. You can actually kill Skull and his team in the Army Warehouse area without screwing yourself over with Duty, as they are a renegade squad.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys I need some help.

I've done the "kill 1 sniper on tower" for the Duty squad, then I told them to fuck off when they wanted more help with storming the base. It's funny cuz they attacked the base, all died but also killed the leader of Freedom, Lukash so both factions now are closed to me as I can't talk to them lol. Doesn't matter. After that, I wanted to progress the main quest.

- get the key from Burov (done)
- find entrance to the lab - I'm at the location and the game increasingly stutters until it crashes to desktop. Either when looting a corpse or just for no reason. Looks like something in the area might be overloading my game with errors or something. I haven't tried to load another save though to see if it crashes somewhere else. I should try that.

I'm playing with 1.05 patch and 2009 Complete patch. Disabled EAX, disabled prefetching, disabled intros (I dont think that makes a difference)
I always get some stuttering and as DraQ said I think it's the game dealing with some errors or something but in this area they result in a crash. Any idea what could it be? Change some settings? Reinstall? (I don't wanna do it cuz it takes 2 hours to do all the patching and shit) Try to power through it? I can barely play 2 minutes before it crashes.

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz (can somebody tell me what the fuck does this mean? 2 times 2 hypethreaded processors or what the fuck?)
4 GB of some RAM
GeForce 8800 GT
WIN7 ultimate

Sodafish

Arcane
Isn't 1.0006 the most recent patch? You might try that, although it might screw up your complete install.

Cadmus

Arcane
Isn't 1.0006 the most recent patch? You might try that, although it might screw up your complete install.
I've read they rolled it back and it's not available on the STALKER site anymore so Im assuming its true. I heard it was shit so its not used anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom