Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Silva

Arcane
Im finding the weapon spread kind of strange in Misery 2.1 - the first 4 bandits Ive found all had ultra-modern rifles, only in bad condition. I find this weird. I think lowly bandits should have lowly guns or something.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Im finding the weapon spread kind of strange in Misery 2.1 - the first 4 bandits Ive found all had ultra-modern rifles, only in bad condition. I find this weird. I think lowly bandits should have lowly guns or something.
Maybe they found good guns, just have no means to repair them due to being dirty beggars?

Silva

Arcane
Maybe they found good guns, just have no means to repair them due to being dirty beggars?
Hmmm... dont know. I think the guns in most numbers should be those cheaper and more mass produced, specially the ones common to that region (Ukraine) para/military forces, which would consist of AKs and derivatives (as is the case in the original game, and in Misery 1).

Dont know man, I think Misery lost something in the way. I wish someone made a Misery "1 and a half", by just getting the good additions from M2 and adding it to the M1 mod, and discarding the artificial and non-realistic crap.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am perfectly happy with my Misery 1.2 with fixes, although some of the graphic upgrades in the current Misery (like the UI and menu) look really nice but the whole "realism" with artificial difficulty, punishing economy, needless new weapons and cooking mechanics really turn me off for this mod
Other than finally playing Clear Skies (with some good mods) or holding out hope for Lost Alpha I really don't see anything else that could be interesting to me for Stalker right now

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Dont know man, I think Misery lost something in the way.
Yeah. As much as I've enjoyed Misery 2 it's not really Misery 2. I get the feeling it's more about a bunch of modders getting together and being the MDT rather than making a proper Misery sequel.

DraQ

Arcane
Some recent posts illustrate two things I really hate in mods:

1. Lack of focus/thematic consistency.
No, restoring cut content isn't always for the better. Zombies were lame and Burers *are* lame in terms of atmosphere (I wasn't exactly happy even when CoP re-added Burers, Chimeras were cool, though).
2016474.jpg
2. Not knowing where to fucking stop.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah I agree with DraQ; the first Misery mod is a refinement of the core CoP gameplay with some very good ideas and nice moody graphics. But the current Misery is more like a "wouldn't it be cool if" and seems to have lost track on what the Stalker experience is; the cooking food and different weapons and tougher mutants are not interesting to me in the least because one of the cool things about the stalker series is that it suspends your disbelief as in you "buy" into the concept of the Zone and the monsters but it remains realistic in the sense that you can be killed in a couple of shots and scavenging for items is what is cool about it, not having to kill a mutant, cook it and worry about eating...that might be interesting for larpers or whatever but not for me

Silva

Arcane
I am perfectly happy with my Misery 1.2 with fixes, although some of the graphic upgrades in the current Misery (like the UI and menu) look really nice but the whole "realism" with artificial difficulty, punishing economy, needless new weapons and cooking mechanics really turn me off for this mod
Other than finally playing Clear Skies (with some good mods) or holding out hope for Lost Alpha I really don't see anything else that could be interesting to me for Stalker right now
Yeah, this. Sadly, Im losing interest in my current run in Autumn Aurora 2 too, what means my Stalker saga is finally coming to and end.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I wish there was an OpenMW equivalent for Stalker. God damn that would be beautiful.
What's OpenMW, Open Source or Graphics mod. If it's graphics mods, then Stalker have too many to count.

No, restoring cut content isn't always for the better. Zombies were lame and Burers *are* lame in terms of atmosphere (I wasn't exactly happy even when CoP re-added Burers, Chimeras were cool, though).
Chimeras was probably canned because there seems to be something wrong with them, even on COP. They don't seem to be much of a threat, whenever they jump, they misses the player. Zombies without guns are harmless, tough i think that they fits the atmosphere(needs to tweak their retarded voices and skin tough), provided they appears only in specific areas (brain scorchers and with controllers). Izloms a.k.a fractures are the most retarded of the bunch, slow and easy to kill if in open spaces. I like tushkanos,rats, burers and cats tough.

The custom enemie i like the most was 2 scripted bloodsuckers in the RMA mod. Unlike your average bloodsucker, these 2 are 100% invisible, only decloacking when killed. One of the most scary experiences in SOC.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I wish there was an OpenMW equivalent for Stalker. God damn that would be beautiful.
What's OpenMW, Open Source or Graphics mod. If it's graphics mods, then Stalker have too many to count.

Chimeras was probably canned because there seems to be something wrong with them, even on COP. They don't seem to be much of a threat, whenever they jump, they misses the player. Zombies without guns are harmless, tough i think that they fits the atmosphere(needs to tweak their retarded voices and skin tough), provided they appears only in specific areas (brain scorchers and with controllers). Izloms a.k.a fractures are the most retarded of the bunch, slow and easy to kill if in open spaces. I like tushkanos,rats, burers and cats tough.

The custom enemie i like the most was 2 scripted bloodsuckers in the RMA mod. Unlike your average bloodsucker, these 2 are 100% invisible, only decloacking when killed. One of the most scary experiences in SOC.

DraQ

Arcane
Chimeras was probably canned because there seems to be something wrong with them, even on COP. They don't seem to be much of a threat, whenever they jump, they misses the player.
Actually, they are pretty threatening, and you simply have to dodge them unless you want to die. They also have look and feel up to the task.

OTOH burers are just squat uglies with cloaks, and zombies are just generic zombies - both zombified stalkers and snorks make for far better zombies than them.
I find most of the cuts to be justifiable in SoC as they help preserve the feeling of "whoa." (apart from chimera, maybe cats as well). Creatures with burer abilities would be cool to have if they had better looks (like that frail, huge-headed monstrosity that collected controllers' brains in the stalker folklore), otherwise they're just mundane.

Tushaknos have been in since SoC vanilla.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Actually, they are pretty threatening, and you simply have to dodge them unless you want to die. They also have look and feel up to the task.
I'll admit; fighting one for the first time in CoP back in 2010 was probably one of the fucking scariest moments I've ever had in STALKER. Walking around an abandoned carpark at the dead of night, only to have the dull silence pierced by a horrific shriek and seeing one of those bastards leap at me from the corner of my eye, jesus.

Then when they became a regular recurring enemy, I realized that all you really had to do was play bullfighter with them until they died.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Those are the most disturbing creatures I've encountered in a game. I remember playing SOC for the first time in 2007 and fighting one of those. And after killing it and examining the dead body closely, you realize it's a mutated human and that long "trunk" is actually his gas mask. So fucking disturbing.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The sound they make is the worst. Walking through a forest, minding your own business and the next moment it sounds like you're being stampeded by an enraged elephant just to find a Snork jumping at you.

They were by far the enemies I least enjoyed fighting, simply because they were so fucking creepy. Even bloodsuckers were better.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
First time I went through Yantar I had to stop playing the game for months because of these motherfuckers. :lol:

Silva

Arcane
Yeah, snorks are the creepier creature in Stalker.

First time I did the "Snag´s Box" mission in CoP - where you must enter a cavern complex full of the bitches - I was horrified. Add to it the fact it was the first time I played a Stalker game, and I was using Misery 1 mod which made things even harder. You can imagine my fear.

praetor

Arcane
so there's apparently a new version of Oblivion Lost Remake, and some dudes over at gsc say it's good, but it's still only in moonspeak :(

Baron Dupek

Arcane
FFS just release it :x

Saw comment section and only redable comment is "Kurwa! It's looks like heaven".
Well said.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It is already out, I am downloading the 2.0 mod which requires the 1.006 russian version (but I already got that from the GSC forums) and the standalone 2.0. There are already some fixes out and a non official english translation.
The game doesn't use hi res textures (looks mostly vanilla) but uses a more advanced lighting system.
Will install and check this over the next weekend (by then there should be an offical translation) but looks very promising

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom