Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Hulk: Deathwing - may the Emperor's legs be OK

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Bro banter is quite repetitive.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Bro banter is quite repetitive.

Hopefully you'll have a bunch of different languages to choose from. When I got bored of the characters saying the same things over and over again in Operation Raccoon City, I just changed the audio to German, and suddenly everything was fresh again.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't know enough about this style of game to say how promising that video looks. All i could think while watching it is how cool a Quake-style game would be with those visuals. :negative:

Gotta say though, it is amazing how incline Warhammer 40.000 looks in contrast with all the faggy shit that's out there today. I got a small adrenaline rush at every act of violence.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Are there recommended specs out somewhere yet?

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 2 GB, DirectX 11, AMD Radeon HD 7870/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 40 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR THE ONLINE GAME

Graphics seem similar to Vermintide (same engine?) which had these:

• RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit*
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz or AMD FX-9590 @ 4.7 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: *WARNING: 32-bit OS is NOT officially supported at this time

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Thanks for the hint. Vermintide had serious performance issues, though. I hope that won't be the case with Deathwing.
Looks like it's a waiting game for me for a few weeks after the release.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm on the fence with this one. The two beta gameplay videos that got leaked and then pulled looked clunky and dull to me, the latest 'approved' gameplay one looks decent enough, but you have to think that's the best they can show. They've pushed 'beta', (yeah right) back another week until just two weeks before release and they've been so stingy about showing the game off you really have to wonder about the polish on it.

I love Vermintide and I love 40K so I should be D1P this, but I'm going to wait until I see what people say when the beta starts I think.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Turns out that the review keys will only be going out two to three days before release. That seems to be getting more and more common lately.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Turns out that the review keys will be only going out two to three days before release. That seems to be getting more and more common lately.

The only solution to that is to pre-emptively say that the game will be shit.

(Would that make the RPG Codex into a trendsetter?)

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Turns out that the review keys will only be going out two to three days before release. That seems to be getting more and more common lately.

With Day 1 patches being the norm, this kinda makes sense. Also in a multiplayer have game you will want to be them online at the same time. Players just shouldn't pre-order.

Beowulf

Arcane
Do you think they will keep Chaos Marines for the inevitable DLC?

Also, the chatter was far better.

Last edited:

Mojobeard

Augur
After the kinds of releases there've been this year, I'm thinking my expectations are realistic for this. It's going to be a solid game, maybe a bit too short, but with tons of crashes and weird stutter for the first ~3 months.

Official gameplay video:

They really need some sort of radio filter. I first thought this was one of those stupid promotional "Look we're RPing as the characters" videos.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They really need some sort of radio filter. I first thought this was one of those stupid promotional "Look we're RPing as the characters" videos.

Yes, I think voxes need this. Regarding the HUDs, I like that they didn't go for the CRT with scanlines effect, though.

Santander02

Arcane
You joke but I'd love to play an Adeptas Sororitas FPS

IMG_0164.PNG

Come at me heretics!

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
After the kinds of releases there've been this year, I'm thinking my expectations are realistic for this. It's going to be a solid game, maybe a bit too short, but with tons of crashes and weird stutter for the first ~3 months.

Official gameplay video:

Agreed. Also the commentary is too frequent and not varied enough, and the quality of the VA is pretty bad.

Whoever is playing is not very good either (never manually reloading his gun was making me rage for eg).

Mojobeard

Augur
The Steam beta is available now (it's a separate game in your Steam library) if you've pre-ordered it. It's only the tutorial and one co-op map though.

Long loading times, some crashes, friends had some bugs were they couldn't attack or use powers. (At least in the beta) your level progress doesn't stay, you have to re-acquire the powers and guns every time.
But overall it's pretty fun to play, Apothecary's required though, can't go full EYE minigun team silliness.

Oh yeah and no in-game voice chat, and it blocks the steam voice chat too just shows "Microphone in use by game", never seen that before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom