Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
But there's a "Steam CD Key" and a "Steam Gift". Which one do I choose?

Steam Gift if you want to share your account name with the seller, Steam CD Key otherwise.

Severian Silk

I just started the game. How do I get the orange thing hanging in the tree to the right of my house? Also, there seems to be a gym bag to the left of the house?

Severian Silk

Okay, thanks.

[edit]

Does the PC version support gamepads as well? Is there a good reason not to use a gamepad, or not to use kb&m?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It played well enough with a keyboard and mouse for me, though I understand they had to significantly tone done the difficulty for one of the minigames in a patch.

Severian Silk

The game only saves at checkpoints. How do I tell if I've reached a checkpoint?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
There's a little icon that frequently comes up in one of the corners of the screen to indicate an auto-save checkpoint like all other games with auto-save checkpoints these days. And just like every other game with auto-save checkpoints made in the last decade, the game also informs you of how auto-saving works on tons of loading screens and start-up screens.
In this case, I believe the icon is Cartman's bear tape-recorder from Cat Orgy.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I believe the icon is Cartman's bear tape-recorder from Cat Orgy.
Again? I think just about every other shit console game I've never played with auto-save checkpoints in the last decade uses that same icon. I totally knew that before you mentioned it.

[edit]

Hmmm... This game is pretty boring so far. Hope it gets better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atchodas

Augur
Well if you are not into South Park , there is nothing to like there , on other hand if you are fan of SP you will love the game , despite its mechanical flaws .

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
This game is to be played if you love South Park like I (used to) love The Simpsons. That way you will get most references.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It played well enough with a keyboard and mouse for me, though I understand they had to significantly tone done the difficulty for one of the minigames in a patch.
Probably the shitting minigame. That's the only thing that wasn't laughably easy with a keyboard. There was just no way to press the button fast enough to make your character take a dump.

Unless, like I did, you made a "Turbo-turd" macro in the keyboard drivers which simulates hundreds of buttan presses in a second just by touching a single macro key. Like a very powerful laxative, it makes that turd just slide out.

Who ever said gaming keyboards are a waste of money?

Severian Silk

I hope this game ends soon, because it's p fucking boring.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Urmom is boring. At least take a lesson from her and eat a dick.

Goddamn edgelords stinking up muh Codex.

Severian Silk

Just finished. It got more interesting toward the end because the combat and story were integrated into each other better. For most of the game though, what might have been a decent TV episode was broken up and interrupted too often by the mostly boring exploration and combat. They were separated to too great of a degree, instead of forming a better cohesive whole.

6/10 PoE was better

Gord

Arcane
:necro:

So, recently was thinking about getting this game eventually when I see it available for cheap.
How much do you need to be a die hard fan of Southpark to like it actually?
How much of a game of its own is in there?

I did like watching Southpark back during the first few seasons (movie was ok, too, I guess), but eventually lost interest in it.
Watched a few let's plays for it, seems fun enough, but didn't want to continue too far due to spoilers.

How much is it relying on absurd special trying hard to be offensive "fun" things like the abortion scene for humor?

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How much do you need to be a die hard fan of Southpark to like it actually?
How much of a game of its own is in there?
Looking back over my own posts, I guess I enjoyed it at the time, but today I can't remember anything I liked about it. As a JRPG it's not bad, but not brilliantly balanced or challenging either. The QTEs are abominable. A majority of the humor is referential ("Remember this episode? Huh?"). You actually might enjoy it more if you haven't watched the show because of all the recycled jokes. I don't feel Stick of Truth enriched my gaming career at all, it was just something that happened. Would gladly take those hours of my life back to play something else instead. But maybe you'd get a kick out of it, at this point I'd say it's worth gambling about $5 on. Like if it's in the second tier in a Humble Bundle, maybe do that.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
acquired this, pretty fun tbh
this is obsidian's last good game

very well designed for what it is with a lot of environment interactions/reactions

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom