Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Renegen

Arcane
Devourer is so unfun to play against, while Nocturne makes use of it there's always some worse offenders that just abuse that item really hard.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Fucking runeglaive ezreal miss everything still hits due to the AOE and ludens echo.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
GP update looks pretty bad ass.
Looking forward to see how they're changing him and MF mechanically. (edit: Whoops, guess I missed these: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update/gangplank-sails-pbe http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update/miss-fortune-struts-pbe )

The way he says "prepare to be boarded!" just doesn't have that same kick to it though.
Also, I like the "I HAVE A DEFICIENCY OF CARES" line, but wish it was "fucks" instead. Although I guess it's not a vitamin-C joke at that point.

New game mode looks very interesting too.

Renegen

Arcane
lol they're nerfing Warrior enchant. From 10 armor pen to 10% of damage turned into 3 second true damage, yawn. The Aatrox skin looks badass however.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I don't see how that can be a nerf. 10 flat armor pen is the real yawner, warrior was being left out as the last jungle item that's just a ball of cost efficient stats with no unique passive.

Aatrox does indeed look awesome, actually most of the skins on this cycle do. Gangplank looks pretty insane too, specially the base skin. Hopefully he'll be more useful and less binary (feast/famine) now.

Renegen

Arcane
Statistically the damage is about the same, it's just been staggered instead of burst (what ad pen is for) so this just sucks. You buy Warriors when you want to burst someone, say as Lee or Vi not when being lame and trying to get several rotations in. And knowring Riot, the true damage won't stack, it will just be refreshed or some shit so it could be a damage nerf.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
GP update looks pretty bad ass.
Looking forward to see how they're changing him and MF mechanically. (edit: Whoops, guess I missed these: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update/gangplank-sails-pbe http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update/miss-fortune-struts-pbe )

The way he says "prepare to be boarded!" just doesn't have that same kick to it though.
Also, I like the "I HAVE A DEFICIENCY OF CARES" line, but wish it was "fucks" instead. Although I guess it's not a vitamin-C joke at that point.

New game mode looks very interesting too.

Riot will never be that ballsy.
League is pretty PG13, imo.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Riot will never be that ballsy.
League is pretty PG13, imo.
'Course.

If anything they're moving in the opposite direction, what with removing Graves' cigar and everything.

edit: The current login music is pretty sweet:

I know, I'm really liking the new champion.
Just digging that Robert Johnson vibe.
I liked how his trailer went spooky at the end too.
Much better design than that cockatoo Ekko.

Erzherzog

Magister
Not sure that I liuke nu-Fiora. Her parry is a skillshot which is rather WTF and her ult is this weird attack from 4 sides to unlock a big field of healing. I don't see how in anything larger than two enemies nearby she's going to survive to pull that off. In fact all her damage seems to be single target now so why pick her over a different skirmishing top like Fizz? Especially considering Fizz is more mixed damage now and can be useful in teamfights and I can otherwise pick a legitimate carry top like Riven (or Yasuo which seems to be mostly a flex pick nowadays?)

Anyways I think I've definitely transitioned mostly to a top main now since I can play Wu and Mundo decently and have a couple champs in that range of "good enough that it works for counterpicking" but it's just more fun. Mid in silver tier is just kinda "spit out damage randomly and hope you do it better than them." Whereas top feels like it has much more setting up windows for favorable trades, and I'm placing a big preference on champs that can take objectives quick. Everyone always loves to sit on a lead and I hate it.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The fact that the parry can now block spells and CC makes up for the skillshot part I think. And the ult deals %hp true damage too, I believe? That's pretty damn good.
Think she's gonna be good as long as the numbers are alright. Might even be OP.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The fact that the parry can now block spells and CC makes up for the skillshot part I think. And the ult deals %hp true damage too, I believe? That's pretty damn good.

Yeah, her ult no longer makes her unkillable, but she now shits on tanks instead.
Its an even trade.
I'm just happy I can hit her this time.

Not sure I like her new visual design though. I thought her old one looked better.

Erzherzog

Magister

I get what you're saying but any champ can be OP just by numbers. Remember release Diana? High damage burst mage that scaled like a top laner.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

I get what you're saying but any champ can be OP just by numbers. Remember release Diana? High damage burst mage that scaled like a top laner.
Well, yeah. That's kinda my point. Riot always releases reworked and new champs in a slightly above average state and then buff them up because no one knows how to play them, leading to stuff like the new Ryze and release *insert champ here*.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

edit: I just remembered release Xin:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
They just reworked reworked Gangplank lolwut. Pretty cool that they're giving the captain skin for free though.

By the way, I'm back in elo hell diamond 5 already

:kfc:

Renegen

Arcane
I got back to Plat 5 after a 2 month decay and first thing I did was troll, 3 straight wins with Eve dang. Well at least I'll definitively pick Gangplank in ranked for the free skin, get fucked everyone who intends to take Plat 5 seriously. :salute:

Both the Fiora and Gangplank reworks kinda suck imo, Gangplank support is a thing of the past now.

bloodlover

Arcane
Jesus Christ those UOL vs ROC games... These teams are fighting to go to worlds from EU? :negative: I think even teams like Sbenu or IM can do better than these two. And I thought US will have shit teams at worlds...

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Meh, I doubt anyone other than Fnatic, OG and H2K are going.
Unless some freak accident happens in the gauntlet, but I think those are BO5 so accidents are unlikely.
Or maybe UOL get to go through on points because of their spring split performance. You never know with UOL, they be crazy.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone was saying the same thing before MSI.

Rafal

Literate
Today i had my first lagged game, and man, was it rage inducing...
Good thing we still won, thanks to a well played/fed Katarina. Currently I have 4 wins/ 0 losses on Taric, but he gets pretty dull most of the times, unfortunately..
Now I have like 1700 ip, and I was thinking on screwing the waiting for those 3k+ ip heroes, and buying the Riot Girl, Tristana, or some other 1300 heroe. Any suggestions/advices?
EDIT: 2nd game lagging, might be because of the rain, God knows.

But people seems to be flaming much less lately, few or my friends got banned too. I guess Riot finally do something about salty haters.

No Great Name

Arcane
Made it to Platinum V.

Usually, I play bot lane, but playing AP Kogmaw is what got me from Gold II to Platinum V in the end.

Renegen

Arcane
paging Erzherzog , patch 5.16 has buffed Skarner and now he has one of the HIGHEST WIN RATES EVER. Almost 63%, and almost 75% if the game ends under 25 minutes, wow. Haven't played with any of the new items but this is all new to me, wow.

edit: a Garen just carried the enemy team...

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
patch 5.16 has buffed Skarner and now he has one of the HIGHEST WIN RATES EVER. Almost 63%, and almost 75% if the game ends under 25 minutes, wow.
I haven't played lol in almost half a year, but this got me wet in the pants. Reinstalling.

Erzherzog

Magister
With a winrate like that best I can hope for is to troll normals.

I bet team builder is unplayable right now thanks to that shit.

EDIT: Ban rate of only 35% jesus christ you idiots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom