Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

bloodlover

Arcane
How the hell is Rydle in LCS? His Annie was wood 5 today

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, they fucked one of my fav. champions. :/ I even have the Final Boss skin.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Its getting boring watching this LoL tournaments on youtube and no matter what region you watch you only see same 30 champs being played all over again. Suddenly one champ breaks the routine and Riot is all "FUCK QUICKLY BRING OUT THE NERF HAMMER!". Now with Viktor getting attention I already see him getting same treatment as Veigar. He will be fixed to be less "toxic" by making Q provide shield only on upgraded version and no speed boost, W will only slow and stun on upgrade with even bigger stun delay, E will mark laser trajectory on ground before shooting it and R will no longer have initial burst and only damage over time.

panda

Savant
Yeah, it is so stupid, yet they continue doing this nerf cycle over and over again.
At this rate soon we might hear that Quinn is toxic champion without counterplay.

bloodlover

Arcane
Some teams managed to work around Viktor though. Saw Jin Air shutting down Viktor early in today's LCK. They still lost to GE but they really took advantage of his low mobility. If teams manage to work around him, he isn't that good. Remember when Azir was picked/baned 24/7 and now nobody wants him?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
You guys are really overreacting. What are some examples of these champions that break out of the routine meta and suddenly get nerfed? The only one I can think of that accurately fits this description is Veigar, and that's because he had an ancient kit with an ability that, as I said before, was nothing short of broken (and he is getting buffed again in upcoming patches).

What I see more than anything are just people joking about how "x" will be nerfed because it's seen one successful competitive game. Take a look at the recently nerfed champions and tell me they're not nearly all 100% pick ban champions who were either broken from release or suddenly became incredibly dominant because others got nerfed: Azir (and he's not being picked anymore only because his range and damage were both gutted bloodlover), Kalista, Rek'sai, Yasuo, Gnar in the former category, and in the lattter you have the likes of Jarvan IV, Janna, Lissandra, Xerath, Ahri, Corki, Zed, all champions who got a slap in the wrist exactly because they were being played almost every single damn game (and they're still very popular).

You guys are talking about Kassadin? That shit is the definition of pick and ban ever since competitive league was a thing. They reworked him and he still went back to the same priority spot as before. They want to keep his ult functional and maintain him as the most mobile champion in the game, but mobility is not something easy to create balance around, so they gut him while considering better options. Make up your mind, do you want to see the same champions every game or do you want the obviously overpowered one to be taken down so something else can have some time in the spotlight?

The only champions I feel were overnerfed for no good reason are Jayce and Syndra. They could've probably used some minor adjustments, but they weren't even that popular to begin with and got considerably larger nerfs than most of the champions I listed above.

Now look at some of the champions that have actually been seeing some competitive play for the first time in ages as a direct result of not only being continuously buffed for the last few patches, but also because Riot nerfed the aforementioned dominant champions, giving other picks some breathing room: Kennen, Sejuani, Hecarim, Viktor, Cassiopeia, Nidalee, Fizz (yes, actually seeing more competitive play than before). Wait, are these actually some of the very same champions that make people go "STUPID RITO WILL NOW NERF MY MAIN" whenever they pop up in a competitive game? Why yes they are. And there's no signs of Riot actually nerfing them (except for Nidalee, who's cancer in the jungle). And I'm not even mentioning the multitude of small buffs coming out every patch for other champions, like Gragas, Skarner, Xin Zhao, Nautilus (in PBE), Zac, Elise, Evellyn, Renekton...

And if any (or most, or even some) newly popular champions are instantly nerfed, care telling me while Graves and Sivir, two surprise "hits" of the new season, have stayed untouched for 4 patches in a row, while being at the top of the ADC food chain?

Tl;dr: Before hopping onto the "Riot is ruining mah game" circlejerk, actually think for a second if what you're saying makes any sense.

Renegen

Arcane
fun fact: Nidalee jungle has a lower win rate than Sejuani jungle. :troll:

I'm buttmad about Riot buffing Nidalee jungle to the point of OP and permaban just so they can follow it up with another lane Nidalee nerf.

Erzherzog

Magister
Xerath didn't get "dominant" because of nerfs, he's simply the next best thing now because Ziggs got nerfed which was justifiable because being able to waveclear two lanes at once was obnoxious. The only player NA that looks particularly strong on him in Bjerg. Otherwise he's a pick in situations where teams are not terrified of being dived relentlessly. Compared to how often Ziggs was picked to now he's not even close to as popular.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Pedobear Udyr is here boys!

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/03/311-pbe-update.html#more

Probably the best silly skins in a long while. And some buffs to my dunkmaster Darius, but they're pretty irrelevant. Level 16 teamfights aren't usually very drawn out, and they're usually 5v5. They need to give him either some mobility (maybe on a succesful kill with ult?) or some form of sustain or shield in lane.

udyrbearfront.jpg

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
They really don't need to make Darius's laning any better. Crazy skin, I remember the times when Riot was bringing out maybe 1-2 skins per patch cycle, it's 5 minimum now the milking is on. There's a whole bunch of silly skins, this one is the best I think:

nasusfront.jpg

Also OMG NOCTURNE BUFFS. And the ones that were needed the most but I never thought I'd see, his ult has the old cooldown of 150/125/100 instead of the now 180/140/100. Wow, this might bring him back into competitive again and maybe even among the most popular soloquers, hard to say. Hopefully it's not over the top in terms of popularity.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Same reaction here, wtf was that

Wait, I just realized this is actually the first team (that TSM played and already beat)... what has the world come to

bloodlover

Arcane
Idk... mixed feelings about this edition. I feel that many teams didin't take it seriously enough, GMB and GE included. GMB had some very bad and questionable picks (Lee in jung when Nida and Sej are free or Betsy twice on TF when it's obvious he can't play him) while GE performed very bad. Smeb fucked up in two games more than he did in LCK the entire season so far. C9 also played like shit when they normally are very good.

One theory I came up with is that they didin't want to show too much since the season has not ended in regions and I getting good results there matters more than IEM. Diana works now I guess but I don't see her coming too much in the future with so many good mid options available.

Erzherzog

Magister

My head hurts. My head absolutely fucking hurts. TW beating a top three team from both EU and NA. Last place CN beats first place KR, something which no other KR team managed.

I feel like if this proves anything it's that the "mid tier" regions have caught up with Korea, being that NA and TW both got off convincing wins, and EU at least lost with style.

The only thing I fear now is that China is the one miles ahead of everyone. Because I'm sorry, either WE becomes some major turnaround story, the best turnaround in league history, or they really are a bottom tier team managing to beat top tier talent from other regions. If OMG win games in LPL just off of sheer mechanical superiority, what will they do to the rest of the world?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GE midlaner played terribad for the whole tournament. Was easily the worst out of all 8 midlaners. The solo-q team WE impressed on every lane. While the mid and bot were amazing, that Sion play in second game was the best I've seen so far in pro-play.

And EU going full retard again. Well guise, we've been playing and dominating with this style of play, lets totally change it and pick some random shit so we can get owned like little bitches. Fucking retarded. You know what works for you, pick it and let the other team deal with it. Its like they counterpicked themselves.
TSM played like they use to play and pick what they use to pick and now they're in finals.

Erzherzog

Magister
That is a good point, because C9 did what you said as well.

"Oh man GET is so good, time to play 100% different!" I feel like that game they won against SSB (and the game they almost won) make them play that way against the Korean teams, they're behind at level one.

GET might be dominating Korea but it is a lessened Korea, and CN has 3 teams clearly ahead of the rest, OMG EDG annnnnd Snake e-sports? Granted, challenger teams have dominated their first time up to bat regionally as well, C9, h2K,
INTZ,
but if what I think is true and CN is the region to beat this year, how does a challenger team go from that to top ten team in the world?

My point is, I feel like a lot of skill got diffused this year even outside of the Korean exodus, if you're competitive in any decent league then there's nothing to fear from other regions best.....except maybe EDG or OMG we still have no clue how the top tier of CN will play and this bothers me.

Erzherzog

Magister
CTRL + F Finds that besides you, the only time TSM got mentioned was one person saying they had the confidence to play the way they normally do and another saying that TSM already played WE and won.

ITT a TSM fan further cements the stereotype of TSM fans being the Red Sox fans of esports. Every success, magnified; every failure, justified.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom