Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

profreshinal

Arcane
This sucks, and that last C9 game would've been much more interesting if I didn't know there wasn't going to be a 5th one. All I can do is either download a big video and fool myself into believing there can be 2 games played in an hour, or scroll a page to the bottom with my eyes closed, go up from there and download games individually. Very often I fuck this up.

I'm sure there is an easy way to deal with it, but I think Riot should be the one providing a solution. Like, for example, always putting up 5 videos, even if the last 1 or 2 were to be blank. And make videos be of a set length, no matter how long the game itself lasts, so we can't tell when it's coming to a close.

Am I the only one who has a problem with that?

Don't know any solution that is completely spoilerfree. lolesports.com/vods with results set to off has buttons for games that weren't played when the series concluded earlie but it still spoils the length of the game itself. I usually watch a past broadcast on twitch but that one spoils the series total duration.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
How so? Twitch has a godly "late-mid" and late game, but if you catch him he's dead as fuck, as all hypercarries should be, IMO. Tristana, on the other hand...

Erzherzog

Magister
Spoiler alert: Twitch will be the new pick or ban ADC.

Didn't that already happen though? For NA LCS at least, back when Lucian was Tristana* tier Twitch was the response, he wasn't as completely fucked as the other hypercarries because of the sheer potential of his ult. We also saw Corki then as now but he was just LESS fucked than other ADCs...and that's actually when we saw Caitlyn as a consistent pick lol.

I just don't get Hai man, he's the shotcaller so their amazing come from behind wins are thanks to him, but he's also the weak link. Apparently the last game SSB actually pretty much forced him to pick Talon in the pick/ban phase because they knew his whole pool of champions, well done SSB.

Been practicing top a lot lately, since plenty of mages live up there now I figure why not? Swains a good pick for me, Lissandra is catching on top and she's a good champion for me but I always had trouble dominating my lane as her. Top lane should be easier. Been practicing Irelia today, managing amazing CS compared to what I'm normally used to, even when my lane is completely shoved in and I'm struggling. I know I'm jumping around too much on my picks but Swain Lissandra and Xerath are my mid picks and 2 of those can go either so it's not like I'm rewriting the whole damn book, it's really whether I feel I can play better as Xerath or Irelia so now I will simply just keep practicing.

(*Formerly god tier but Trist rocket jumped into haeven and killed him.)

Erzherzog

Magister
Also, pr0lly and ROBERTxLEE got benched by Complexity and there is drama. pr0lly says he got benched due to management being dickheads, management says pr0lly benched due to being a dickhead, and robert saying he doesn't know why exactly pr0lly was benched but assumes it was for being a dickhead.

Being that pr0lly has had issues in the past I'd blame him, but coL's management specifically stated they conferred with their players first and cited robert by name, and then robert says he has no idea exactly why pr0lly was benched? Sounds like it was simply shitty management, and everything else I heard sounded like management stirred the pot itself pretty often.

BTW Curse made an offer for Piglet to join. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Renegen

Arcane
Is Complexity's coach the asshat who had to shout every game just before and after for attention? Seems like he wanted to get known for how good of a coach he was, hmmm.

Also, I'm going to predict that as coaches become more used in NA, their influence is going to be felt and more players are going to get fired. I feel bad for Cop, Curse's coach did a long video where he believed that Curse had 4 potential top talents and obviously Cop wasn't cutting it. I mean maybe, but what exactly does that mean? Curse finished 4th and a lot of their players are somewhere in the top 4, few if any (Xpecial) are probably #1 in the league. It's seems arbitrary to say Cop was the fault when their other roles weren't stellar either, and they lost in embarrassing ways to C9 and LMQ so their problem is the shotcalling and strategy.

I'm going to say it, the coaches won't always make good decisions, over the past seasons teams have made slow careful roster changes to upgrade players in terms of skill and almost all of those have been justified, but as coaches now fit in the management structure, I can see them making moves just for the sake of making moves. It reminds me of professional sports, when the team loses the management has to make roster swaps justified or not or else they're on the chopping block.

Erzherzog

Magister
I feel the same way, at least in the case of Cop his teammates said they felt he was less committed to practice which would be a legitimate concern, Curse has potential since all the stats that kept getting shouted was that they are mechanically strong with good laning but ass at closing out games which points more to bad shotcalling than anything. Not sure they will suddenly do better without.

For coL though they just pretty much ended their existence. Kez is the most unnoticeable player in the LCS, Bub is not really too noteworthy, and Westrice is simply outright bad. I never saw a match where I felt anyone besides RxL or pr0lly was doing anything to secure a win.

What really scares me though is Dignitas because if there's any team left with pressure to change something, it is them. And then an added issue is that Zion is still the hot player and might actually leave for a better team potentially. I mean personally I feel Kiwi has got to go though. TSM managed vision infinitely better against them, he is always the one getting caught and he roams to an obnoxious degree with nothing to ever show for it. But qtpie is best bros with him so nothing is expected to change. :<

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Smiting champs sounds fun... In the end it probably won't matter anyway, pros will find the optimal setup and a handful of champswill.dominate the jungle picks in the competitive scene as always.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
As long as there's more diversity of playstyles on regular play, I'm fine with it. Right now the only difference between junglers is how much you want to gank or farm (with everyone except for a few rare exceptions such as Udyr or Master Yi preffering the first). And yeah, I've lost track of how many time I've tried to smite someone in the middle of a teamfight, thinking I had ignite, exhaust or something.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope this difficulty change means lanes can't just pop off to farm jungle creeps easily. Increasing jungler diversity and itemezation is a good thing but they've shown time and again they're pretty clueless how to actually make effective changes.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Junglers being forced into taking both a summoner spell (basically two since Flash is close to mandatory) and a starting item while laners have more flexibility kind of sucks. At least it makes early poaching harder I guess.

Played a game as support Zil today to see what all the rage was about. P. cool, even if I don't know how to play him at all. Of course, when you have suicidal Diana who jumps into the enemy team and then Zhonya's just as she is about to die, with my ult on her, it doesn't matter much what you do. Should have gone for either crucible or grail in addition.to tear though, the old fucker sure is mana hungry. Went back to Nami the game after, definitely my favorite generalist support.

Renegen

Arcane
I played the new changes on the PBE... the jungle is pretty broken right now in many ways. It has to change by the time it hits even pre-season. There's really not much to say of the jungle changes specifically, they're such a jumbled mess that they are worse than what we have right now. You can smite champions for example, your smite does about 100 true damage and has a 50% slow for 2 seconds, that sounds like ganking could be even better but then to acquire this special smite you need to kill 3 camps, and every camp really kicks your ass right now and you have 0 sustain in the jungle with the new items so ganking is on the whole harder.

And then each and every camp gives a special bonus if you smite it kinda like Nunu, but they're either broken or just a collection of short-timed buffs that acculumate on your status bar. Speaking of things that accumulate, dragon now gives permanent buffs instead of gold, can't say I like it too much. The first buff gives 5 hp/mp regen to your whole team, yeah. The second gives 8 AD/AP but it's really questionable. Probably the coolest change is how when you take baron, if you sit next to your minions they get significantly stronger, the cannon minions become these long range laser attackers that destroy turrets out of their range. It means that every team no matter how bad can now siege, meh. That's one of the goals of S5, every team comp no matter how bad can siege/split push if they do the proper things, I can't say I agree, it will probably just force more teamfight comps.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played the new changes on the PBE... the jungle is pretty broken right now in many ways. It has to change by the time it hits even pre-season. There's really not much to say of the jungle changes specifically, they're such a jumbled mess that they are worse than what we have right now. You can smite champions for example, your smite does about 100 true damage and has a 50% slow for 2 seconds, that sounds like ganking could be even better but then to acquire this special smite you need to kill 3 camps, and every camp really kicks your ass right now and you have 0 sustain in the jungle with the new items so ganking is on the whole harder.

And then each and every camp gives a special bonus if you smite it kinda like Nunu, but they're either broken or just a collection of short-timed buffs that acculumate on your status bar. Speaking of things that accumulate, dragon now gives permanent buffs instead of gold, can't say I like it too much. The first buff gives 5 hp/mp regen to your whole team, yeah. The second gives 8 AD/AP but it's really questionable. Probably the coolest change is how when you take baron, if you sit next to your minions they get significantly stronger, the cannon minions become these long range laser attackers that destroy turrets out of their range. It means that every team no matter how bad can now siege, meh. That's one of the goals of S5, every team comp no matter how bad can siege/split push if they do the proper things, I can't say I agree, it will probably just force more teamfight comps.

Well I mostly play tank junglers and some of them have trouble clearing camps early game so I assume I can forget playing them in the new season.

Erzherzog

Magister
SSB what the fuck was that? Stomped 3 games in a row each one worse than the last, with wtf picks like Galio against an ad comp or Varus or Sona. Its not like SSW played out of their minds, SSB really played derpy as fuck

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Well I mostly play tank junglers and some of them have trouble clearing camps early game so I assume I can forget playing them in the new season.

Quite the opposite, they're striving to make all junglers competitively viable again. They argue that the endless sustain from the spirit line of items is what's making heavy ganking junglers (elise, kha'zix and lee sin) so effective as they clear fast, gank and can just go back to jungling to recover from whatever health or mana they lost, then just rinse and repeat and keep pressure up at all times during the game, which is something that junglers with worse clears or ganks just can't compete with in terms of game impact on a pro level.

The goal is to actually support 4 styles of jungling: fast clearing, counterjungling, objective control and ganking.

Like I said, these changes are highly experimental and will still receive a fair amount of fine tuning.

Erzherzog

Magister
Bought on the one champion that actually uses it and he didn't even buy it the second time as Jayce! Should be more amused at the the fact that not be only was Jayce picked but he essentially carried in the worlds semifinals

Erzherzog

Magister
Rooting for Star Horn Royal Club in the finals, if for no other reason than inSec showing that there are other junglers besides Kha, Elise and Lee.

Seriously! Was rooting so hard for OMG, that throw though...

Jozoz you might want to watch game 3 of Royal Club vs OMG...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom