Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Badministrator is back :D With a fucking vengeance!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Demoted again. Lost 8/10 games. You have to carry out of your fucking heels to win a game. Fucking amazing. Sometimes it feels like people on your team are playing against you.

Also from the stream about the new Summoners Rift for those who missed it

Renegen

Arcane
Sometimes the League Gods smile down upon you, enemy team had a 0-13-2 Caitlyn that thought she was proxy singed or something afking pushing bot lane no matter what. It was still stressful though because they also had a splitpushing Tryndamere so we had to constantly make good rotations, the Cait even got an inhib tower. Eh, still waiting for the 5 man disconnect free win.

Erzherzog

Magister
I've had the enemy team fully drop twice-ish. Both happened in games where all players got dropped for minutes. One was weird, the enemy team simply never came back, the other me (Draven) and Mundo were the only ones on map, we took down the nexus as everyone else reconnected. There was much circlejerking.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Once I connected to a friends game who talked to me later how this is was most intense game ever. So I enter the game and they are losing by 20 kills and 6 towers, they were on defense just guarding their base but here is the thing enemy team is afk. They were afk for almost 10 minutes and his team didnt realize this because they were just standing in base cowering in fear. When they finally understood whats going on, they took the baron and charge their base, just as they were destroying their nexus enemy team reconnected but it was too late.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
This whole teams DC'ing. Happened to me twice already. Is this what they call drop-hacking or typical Rito servers fuckups?

Renegen

Arcane
Both apparently, if you sit for several minutes with "attempting to reconnect" and then 8 people leave it's likely drophacking. The thing about drophacking is that it works better on some countries or carriers than others so rarely are all 10 dropped. They actually sicced the police on one of the drophacking websites out there but I think it's still happening.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Drophacks seem to be a rising problem at all Elos. That said, how can you not notice the enemy team is just gone for several minutes and why do baron before baserace when you do notice?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Drophacks seem to be a rising problem at all Elos. That said, how can you not notice the enemy team is just gone for several minutes and why do baron before baserace when you do notice?

Wood league.

Also it also might be the case of bunch of friends playing in internet cafe and losing connection.

Erzherzog

Magister

Wood league.

Also it also might be the case of bunch of friends playing in internet cafe and losing connection.

Had a game where me and three of my mates dropped when internet to my friends place went kaput. That one guy couldn't win it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Did you report him for being a horrible troll who kept going 1v5? :troll:

Don't worry, I hear RIOT are getting additional servers from EA soon:
CUXR05r.jpg

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Jesus, C9 got raped by TSM. It was almost as bad as yesterdays WC match, except this time it was the team I like that was taking it up the rear.

Erzherzog

Magister
Jesus, C9 got raped by TSM. It was almost as bad as yesterdays WC match, except this time it was the team I like that was taking it up the rear.

But who even likes TSM at this point? Their fanbase was entirely based upon being #1 NA. Now they're most definitely not and their fanbase is disintegrating because there's no consensus no.1. Can we really trust that Dig is definitely the best? They do have weaknesses. Cloud 9 used to have amazing rotations and a response for everything and now they're only hanging on by their bare mechanics which are great but not good enough to stay so dominant. Plus Meteos is no longer that superstar jungler. CLG is TSM's main rival and anyone that says they used to cheer for TSM but now CLG will just be laughed away.

I feel either Meteos or Hai get more into a groove, they both just seem off this season. Hai is not necessarily the best mid but he does seem to care deeply about being the best. Does Meteos just not really care right now?

Renegen

Arcane
Meteos seems a bit off, maybe all those jungle changes meant he's been forced on some bad junglers. But he's also been doing great sometimes, as has Hai in some matches like when he played Kha'Zix. The casters mentioned that there was some drama in the C9 household, I bet $1000 it started with Hai because he's the team leader and was known as a rager, probably raging at Meteos or LemonNation who also likes to get involved in strategy.

Lol, TSM. What's left, Dyrus, that's it? Curse is as much TSM as TSM is now. Who cares about TSM anymore.

Personally, I'm enjoying elohell. I can play Soraka and roll some Thresh noob simply by having them engage on me over and over. Didn't work the first time, certainly doesn't now that I have even more healing and tankiness. Having them ignite me over and over just after I healed myself was pretty fun too.

"why soraka?"
"HEALIIIING"

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Im having fun with Spellblade Gragas. Can get up to 2k gold by 30 minutes. Awesome shit.
Altho that mega versatile support can be a pain for the most part. At lets say 30 minute mark I got
besides QWER+DFG also
1. Frost Queen active
2. Sightstone
3. Mikaels
5. Randuins
I got 1 and 2 easily, but 3 and 5 are a pain to guess and aim at the right moment.

Edit, Spellthief, not spellblade lawl.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
The whole kit of hers is OP in hands of a better player. Safest champ with massive mobility and damage.Combine that with her heal and summoner Heal she's impossible to get to. I dont mind her being Rengar/cougar like cause she needs to get in the face to deal damage. Thankfully her spears are gonna get toothpick small, so more of a offensive/in your face Nid is what to be expected from this update.

Renegen

Arcane
I just had a run with her on the PBE, turns out they also released the new Summoner's Rift! What they wanted to do was actually lower her skill cap, cougar Nidalee plays the same as before, but she has lower base damages however in return she has bigger and more reliable mobility. With Triforce, she literally gets 500 movespeed when chasing an enemy hero, 500! A numbskull can play the cat and mouse game with her now. Her Pounce now is easier to aim, and her Pounce also goes off cooldown each 1.5 seconds if she kills minions or hits an enemy hero, easier kiting and easier waveclear, both of those things required significant mechanics to pull off in top lane. Her getting a stupid 700 range Pounce makes assassinations stupid easy, it was possible before it's all just been made... easier.

Still remains to be seen if her lower damages and stuff will still just make her worse despite her added mobility, easier mechanics is a non factor if you lose every trade. Anyway, some screens:

New map is beautiful, like a painting.
EPlf3oR.jpg

FPS is still good.
brm3wEW.jpg

Dragon and all of the jungle monsters look great.
m65rHIM.jpg

The minions don't feel as good, they're too similar and last hitting is harder I think.
nFHJkZO.jpg

The wraiths are pretty awesome, but you can sense a different feel. Everything pops so it feels a bit more cartoony.
BVWPvBo.jpg

Baron making his entrance, he looks hella cool.
t64V67r.jpg

GG
BkqQOMK.jpg

Hope you like em.

Erzherzog

Magister
I continue to be amazed by my coworkers. A level 15 and 21 ask me and another level 30 to play. They die a lot. Ok. But jungle and bot Lane do well with us level 30s. Then they both just feed on purpose. I cantcan't wait to taunt them at work. They take losing so hard but dontdon't want to improve. I find it funny that league requires sports-like commitment to improve but it attracts people that avoided sports growing up.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
New SR sure looks purdy, even if I'm going to miss PCM and soup cooking lizards. Not sure what to think about Nudalee, but as long as the old gameplay pattern of getting chunked for 2/3 of your health from a basic skill with virtually no cooldown or opportunity cost for missing is gone, I'm content.

Erzherzog I don't think most.people play LoL or other online games to improve. They just want to have fun. How some of those people with absolutely no clue manage to have fun is another question though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:lol:

No silence on LB :lol:

5 sec CD on pounce :lol:

Randuin nerf :lol:

Lifesteal booted to the ground again :lol:

TOXIC! ANTIFUN! SLIGHT TWEAKS AND QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES!

never change liot

Also, those patchnotes are written in probably the most obnoxious way possible. At least they stopped pretending that they don't treat the players like retards and fifth-graders anymore.

Even the new map looks like shit. Enjoy your popamoles.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The whole kit of hers is OP in hands of a better player. Safest champ with massive mobility and damage.Combine that with her heal and summoner Heal she's impossible to get to. I dont mind her being Rengar/cougar like cause she needs to get in the face to deal damage. Thankfully her spears are gonna get toothpick small, so more of a offensive/in your face Nid is what to be expected from this update.

Toothpicks? With 3 items her spears will still 2shot ADC's and do a quarter damage on tanks....

She is the most annoying champ there is, cant ever catch her, she throws them from miles away, has great clear, has heal, has movementspeed.

Her entire design is just flawed. She is still too good!

Also those spearhitboxes were they fixed? Because sometimes the spears seem to miss by a mile but still hit!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom