Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Renegen

Arcane
Damn, 12 games in a row is one serious losing streak.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i am 2 -8 in my last 10 games. Got demoted too in the middle of it.

My teammates are always so terrible, it start with shitty champs and end in losing every lane

:argh:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

My teammates are always so terrible, it start with shitty champs and end in losing every lane

Stop the QQ man. Your teammates are random, and you're getting those awful scrubs on the enemy team just as often as you're getting them on your own. Thing is, what's likely happening is that you're unable to affect the game positively enough to ever carry the games with awful teammates in order to climb tiers (this doesn't need to happen always, just ocasionally), and when you're on the games that are actually evenly matched, you're the one who's kind of not pulling your own weight - or even worse, you're sinking your team on the games that should be stomps for you.

There's no secret here, if you play well you will get promoted up until you "find your elo". It's happened to me twice already, I got from silver 3 to gold 3 and stayed there. Sold my account and the idiot who bought it sunk all the way to silver 2 last time I checked.

bloodlover

Arcane
The drawback of playing support: can't carry the team.

It's especially fun when your adc is a moron.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gold 3 is like top 15-20% or something, isnt it? I'd bet for those in bronzordia its a pretty epic leap.
But I doubt it cost much to buy one.
Played 2 more 1w and 1L, seems my elo is improving, first gave me 9lp, then 12lp and last one I got 16lp per win. Tryhard Blitz to the rescue.

Renegen

Arcane
Six new skins are in the pipeline! They're all pretty weird. Here's the best...

grag1.jpg

And the worst...

drave,.jpg

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Man, game is like a rollercoaster. After that massive losing streak I managed to win 9 out of 10 last games and got myself back into Plat IV. Unbelievable.
o1karE8.jpg

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Looks sweet, but even more cartoony. Drake animation was p cool tho. Wraith is now Jabba the hutt and red lizard is not a lizard anymore.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Stop the QQ man. Your teammates are random, and you're getting those awful scrubs on the enemy team just as often as you're getting them on your own.

If there's going to be a troll/feeder/account buyer in the game there's a 1/5 chance he'll be on the enemy team, but a 1/4 chance he'll be on yours ∴ your team will always be trolled more than the enemy team.
:troll:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

Stop the QQ man. Your teammates are random, and you're getting those awful scrubs on the enemy team just as often as you're getting them on your own.

If there's going to be a troll/feeder/account buyer in the game there's a 1/5 chance he'll be on the enemy team, but a 1/4 chance he'll be on yours ∴ your team will always be trolled more than the enemy team.

Unless when you yourself are the troll obviously

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Derped for 3 games in Dawngate, the new EA MOBA. Veeery similar to LoL, but its got some "role" thing going on. 3 games, 3 quitters on my team. Good thing is when the guy is dc for some time it enables early surrender. Riot should implement this.
Also no mana on characters, all are cooldown based, and picking a role gives some different passive abilities. There are "rune" pages too.
I'd say besides the main map and role additions it plays about 90% same as LoL.
Also loads the game pretty much instantly after champ select. Amazing.

edit: 4th DC in a row. lol

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
it'S 90% the same as LoL because LoL copied 90% of Dawngate. Season 4 is the Dawngate season. Are the Dawngate heroes still lame? I remember the marksmen being almost identical to each other.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
it'S 90% the same as LoL because LoL copied 90% of Dawngate. Season 4 is the Dawngate season. Are the Dawngate heroes still lame? I remember the marksmen being almost identical to each other.
Isnt Dawngate like a new game? Still in beta, right? Or did I miss it completely?
Only played one "ad carry" thats similar to Graves in abilities, dunno about the rest, played against one female shaper that was ranged and had ult like Lucian's.
Rest I played bruisers, a dude with a sheep that you throw and can teleport to it and another classic support-like champ with shield/cc abilities. Dunno the names tho.

One thing I found wierd are the items. Like there are no items, instead of boots you buy some shit that gives you "haste", and haste in turn give you if I understood correctly some Attack speed, Movement speed and cooldown reduction.
But what if I only want Attack speed and dont give a shit about MS and CDR cause I already got a insta-teleport and a blink? Where do I get most value for my money? Also it seems "items" are tiered, and you need a big amount of money to purchase 2nd and 3rd tier items.
You cant buy a thing for 500, buy another for 500 then combine for another 500, here instead you need to start with 400 then pay up 1500 at once for a 2nd tier item. So if you got 1.3k gold you cant spend it in base on part pieces.
Might play more tomorrow.

Renegen

Arcane
It was in beta for a year, I don't know what exactly they are doing being so closed off with no publicity. The game looks good and it has a lot of ideas worth copying, I'm jelly you get to play it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
It was in beta for a year, I don't know what exactly they are doing being so closed off with no publicity. The game looks good and it has a lot of ideas worth copying, I'm jelly you get to play it.
anyone can download it from their site. all you need is Origin account.
edit: also seems their servers are in kwa, im getting like 120 ping while playing.
add "dallaboo" if you want to derp together

on a LoL note, seems servers are down or something, my current game got reconnecting sign for like 5 minutes.
gonna derp in Dawngate with suomi then, ffs rito

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
While it logs you in with the EA Origin account, it doesnt use Origin whatsoever. They got their own launcher, similar to LoL's pvp.net.

Still, it's pretty clear Dawngate is already a failure. Personally I think it's better than LoL but nobody's heard of it, and it's gonna get rolled by HotS, and it has a problem with the hero design in that they're really lame. A retarded sheep thrower, a graves clone without the criminal, a blue jock darius clone, some hookers, an otter or whatever it is that slaps people with a fish... And I thought Syndra and her grabbing black balls ultimate power was lame.

Actually, Syndra is still lamer than the retard shepherd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom