Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Slow mouse problems

xenocide

Novice
Has anything been found to help slow mouse problems? The game is virtually unplayable as is. My specs are AMD athalon 2200+ 512 Ram, geforce3, sound blaster audigy 2.

I have no programs running in the background. In another thread, someone sugested terminating cthelper.exe, however I can not. I bring up the task manager, highlight cthelper.exe and click end process, but nothing happens, it just keeps running.

kratimus

Novice
In what circumstances is the mouse slow? I have noticed that when you visit a wilderness area for the first time, you have to move through it more slowly as the map sections load. Thereafter, the group moves more quickly through the same area.

interested in the response - as well as to the previous Q - zerosum, are you out there?

xenocide

Novice
My problems begin before the game even starts. The very first menu screen is fine (New, Load, Options, Exit). If you bring up the options, the mouse is VERY slow. It is quite difficult to click on things. If I go to a new game, the mouse moves ok on the screen with the 3 portrates. But click on a picture to create a new character and goodnight. It is totally unplayable it runs so slow. The mouse is just a symptom, the whole system runs extreamly slow, as if my machince could not handle it. If I click to type in a new name, the only way the keystrokes register is if I type about once every 5 seconds, and then about half of the keystrokes will register. I know my machine can handle it, I play morrowind and unreal II with the settings pretty high and they run fine.

xenocide

Novice
Ye Ha! Never mind, got it working. Updated my grafics drivers and sound drivers and now it runs smooth baby! I would have tried this sooner, but I just updated not that long ago and thought I was current. Guess not.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Glad the drivers resolved it.
Yes we are out here lurking, trying to make progress, kill bugs, improve graphics, and generally causing trouble...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom