Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I doubt you could find a powerful enough transmitter in the post-nuclear holocaust world that could reach Boston (assuming it's there) from Washington D.C.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Has Three Dog done anything other than being Three Dog? Correct me if I'm wrong, but If I'm not, then he wouldn't be able to qualify as a VA.
Then again, why do I worry about these things?

He was in Nazir in Skyrim, but other than that I have no idea.

deuxhero

Arcane
I doubt you could find a powerful enough transmitter in the post-nuclear holocaust world that could reach Boston (assuming it's there) from Washington D.C.

There would be a shortage of interference, which would help a lot. Its certainly more plausable than all the other crap Bethesda pulled.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
True. What about the content, though? Assuming Three Dog doesn't move with the player to the new setting why would he be talking about the players actions/current events in the new setting (which was the whole purpose of his existence in FO3)? And then there's the question of how he'd get that information in the first place. People radioing it to him? Would they have strong enough transmitters?

Athelas

Arcane
Uhm...why are you assuming the story has to obey basic rules of narrative coherence? Didn't you play Fallout 3?

Azazel

Arbiter
157 pages of chitter chatter, for what will inevitably be an even more soulless and watered-down FPS than the last game Bethesda shit out?

You disappoint me, Codex.

:rpgcodex:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It doesn't really take that much to broadcast long distances, hobbyists have been doing it since the dawn of radio. Receiving that signal without a massive antenna is harder though.

Bethesda isn't going to care either way though. If they want three dog in fallout 4 they will do it whether it makes sense or not.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Harold already crossed the whole country, I don't see why Three Dog going some 400 miles is that far fetched.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't doubt that he could make the trip I just question why he would.

Last edited:

buzz

Arcane
I don't doubt they he could make the trip I just question why he would.
Ehh, that's simple. He just moved into another part of America in order to fight the good fight with his voice. Capital Wasteland is technically okay at the end of Fallout 3, with the Enclave removed and the purified water. So he just went into another place that is in a worse situation to rally those people for their own Good Fight.

Jozoz

Prophet
If something is "cool" then that's reason enough for Bethesda.

I mean just look at Megaton, Rivet City or Little Faggotlight.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
ruh-roh, Fallout 4 to be with multiplayer?

Josh Hamrick leaves Bungie after six years to join Fallout developer.Josh was previously a big name within Bungie for working on online games including Halo Reach and Destiny, and moving onto Bethesda he might be overseeing an already in place gameplay system.

do you really want some guy bouncing around a hub world, dancing and emote-ing?

http://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-why-a-possible-multiplayer-component-could-ruin-the-upcoming-rpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom