Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Cadmus

Arcane
Maybe they wouldn't be rude to you if you didn't post retarded insane shit about how you find the writing in Skyrim "average to good" and "don't consider the streamlining automatically bad"
Jesus Christ, what a retarded cocksucker. It's good that your quest compass lead you directly to the quarantined zone designed for the mentally challenged - the Bethesda extermination camp subforum.

?

.......Um I'm not sure what to say about that......

I am well aware of how "violent/angry" some members can be.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
yeh I "violently" typed this with my "angry" fingers. Where's your Patreon you victim you?

CrawlingDead

Learned
There's nothing wrong with liking a game, but you have to ask if you're really into RPGs besides the Bethesda ones. I mean, except for Fallout, and I have to ask which one, none of them are RPGs at all.

RPGs are suppose to make you think -- your characters stats, your characters choices, and your characters actions.

The problem with Bethesda's games is that none that is important. It's about being able to pick up any quest with any factions and killing things. There's very little restriction to help define your character. This is a problem with their games as a whole because Morrowind suffered from a lack of this as well.

I like bioware rpg's

Mass Effect
Dragon Age

I also like fable and wasteland 2 as well.

Wasteland 2 is a very good RPG. If you truly want to see where the genre came from, I recommend you do some solid research aka playing old-school RPG titles. To start out, play Wizardry 8. I'm sure you can find it on GOG. Play it, stick with, beat it, and then you'll have a different perspective on the genre. The problem isn't with the players imo, but with the professional media that doesn't curate it's own history. Players don't know what they don't know. And this isn't meant to be elitist in any way. There's nothing wrong with enjoying Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but there are much better RPGs besides the one's that are popular today.

CrawlingDead

Learned
Maybe they wouldn't be rude to you if you didn't post retarded insane shit about how you find the writing in Skyrim "average to good" and "don't consider the streamlining automatically bad"
Jesus Christ, what a retarded cocksucker. It's good that your quest compass lead you directly to the quarantined zone designed for the mentally challenged - the Bethesda extermination camp subforum.

?

yeh I "violently" typed this with my "angry" fingers. Where's your Patreon you victim you?
lol, you're such a fucking loser.

Cadmus

Arcane
There's nothing wrong with enjoying Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but there are much better RPGs besides the one's that are popular today.
This is not true. If you can't tell a retarded game with retarded writing you must have not ever experienced any media.

?

ur mom is a loser and should have aborted you
I like to drop in this thread once in a while to support the OP's thesis - Skyrim truly is worse than Oblivion in every way.

CrawlingDead

Learned
There's nothing wrong with enjoying Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but there are much better RPGs besides the one's that are popular today.
This is not true. If you can't tell a retarded game with retarded writing you must have not ever experienced any media.

?

I think your mom should have stayed off the crack and sucking dick so she could feed your bum ass

Cadmus

Arcane

?

I think your mom should have stayed off the crack and sucking dick so she could feed your bum ass
at least I got my dick sucked, loser

CrawlingDead

Learned

?

at least I got my dick sucked, loser
What was his name?

xkilljoy98

Such a friendly community,
I'm under the impression that this is somewhat normal.

Space Insect

Arcane
Such a friendly community,
I'm under the impression that this is somewhat normal.

My dear, you really should've lurked for a while before joining. Then at least you'd know what games you should pretend to have played.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
:codexisfor:

Skyrim and Oblivion has horrible writing by any standard. Kinda sad really because the ideas themselves aren't THAT bad. The execution however, with one liner sentences trying to tell some 'epic tale', poor pacing, no C&C, no sense of danger. But worst of all is the disconnect between the world and the shit people say in it.

"Huge civil war!" = 10 guys on each side
"Horrible dragon invasion of doom!!" = 2-3 city guards can beat most dragons
"Invasion of demons!!" = 2-4 level scaled critters
Ruins full of monsters 5 steps away from villages
There is more bandits than people living in cities
Layout of locations and roads often makes 0 logical sense, requiring ridiculous glitch hopping up mountains to avoid massive filler running expeditions
Zero enjoyment from exploration since there is only 4 enemy types and you meet them all in the tutorial :lol: and all items are all level scaled

Shit all round.

xkilljoy98

:codexisfor:

Skyrim and Oblivion has horrible writing by any standard. Kinda sad really because the ideas themselves aren't THAT bad. The execution however, with one liner sentences trying to tell some 'epic tale', poor pacing, no C&C, no sense of danger. But worst of all is the disconnect between the world and the shit people say in it.

"Huge civil war!" = 10 guys on each side
"Horrible dragon invasion of doom!!" = 2-3 city guards can beat most dragons
"Invasion of demons!!" = 2-4 level scaled critters
Ruins full of monsters 5 steps away from villages
There is more bandits than people living in cities
Layout of locations and roads often makes 0 logical sense, requiring ridiculous glitch hopping up mountains to avoid massive filler running expeditions
Zero enjoyment from exploration since there is only 4 enemy types and you meet them all in the tutorial :lol: and all items are all level scaled

Shit all round.

Yeah hate the entire game due to useless and small complaints like that, make sense.

xkilljoy98

My dear, you really should've lurked for a while before joining. Then at least you'd know what games you should pretend to have played.

Well I've been to NMA, and this site is very similar so yeah. There is a reason I don't use/go to sites like this that often.

Drax

Arcane
So, I was bored so I'm reinstalling this. I only tried Perkus Maximus when it came out so I'm gonna make a playthrough with that to see where it went.
I installed all the basic I remember using (SKSE, CoT, SkyUI, iHud, Convenient Horses, DDragons, AFT for followers, iNPC, the tits mod because why not, ELFX, ENBoost, Guard and Follower dialog overhauls, MoreHud, UUniques, the patches, Alternate Start, Map mod, the uncapper for progression tweaking). Is there any newish mod I wanna try?

Well I've been to NMA, and this site is very similar so yeah.

:shunthenonbeliever:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I disagree quite a bit, I enjoyed the story and may other things about the game. There are indeed many ways Skyrim is better than oblivion and morrowind.

Perhaps you should stop complaining about "dumbing down" and just enjoy the game for what it is and what it has to offer. Look streamlining doesn't automatically mean that the game is bad, and perhaps nostalgia could also possibly have a role in this.

I'm not saying that all of your "complaints" are unwarranted, though some of it sounds exaggerated and makes me wonder why you would complain about certain things that you do.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject, in the end the whole topic is subjective.

:D The entire series of posts this sparked is impressively hilarious. :5/5::4/5:

If you are at all serious about having a friendly conversation, perhaps you could explicate the ways you think Skyrim (or Oblivion) is superior to Morrowind and how it was improved by streamlining. However, dismissing criticism on the grounds that people should "enjoy the game for what it is" and realize "the whole topic is subjective" is the death of intelligent discussion.

Also, if you haven't played many classic games, start with Dungeon Master (1987), Pool of Radiance (1988), and The Stygian Abyss (1992).

Cadmus

Arcane
I disagree quite a bit, I enjoyed the story and may other things about the game. There are indeed many ways Skyrim is better than oblivion and morrowind.

Perhaps you should stop complaining about "dumbing down" and just enjoy the game for what it is and what it has to offer. Look streamlining doesn't automatically mean that the game is bad, and perhaps nostalgia could also possibly have a role in this.

I'm not saying that all of your "complaints" are unwarranted, though some of it sounds exaggerated and makes me wonder why you would complain about certain things that you do.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject, in the end the whole topic is subjective.

:D The entire series of posts this sparked is impressively hilarious. :5/5::4/5:

If you are at all serious about having a friendly conversation, perhaps you could explicate the ways you think Skyrim (or Oblivion) is superior to Morrowind and how it was improved by streamlining. However, dismissing criticism on the grounds that people should "enjoy the game for what it is" and realize "the whole topic is subjective" is the death of intelligent discussion.
Yah. This totally legit non-troll not-jcd-alt should also stop by in the Fallout 4 thread and explain it was streamlined because the technology made writing and stats obsolete "and that's a good thing"
The problem with making retarded sounding accounts like "xxPwner98PL" is that when I wanted to make an account like this elsewhere I realized I need my pretend age to be in the 2000s in order to be a stupid teen and that's a hard nick to make without looking suspicious.

xkilljoy98

I'm just saying I saw someone hate it simply because there weren't enough people in the civil war.

I just feel like some of the "criticisms" against it that various people have stated are a bit exaggerating and unnecessary. Some of the complaints others have listed could easily be seen as improvements, like the quest marker for example, it just depends on your views, opinion, and perspective.

I'd list the reasons, but I would just be repeating myself, and most people would likely simply dismiss my agrimony so anyway, so I won't bother.

xkilljoy98

Yah. This totally legit non-troll not-jcd-alt should also stop by in the Fallout 4 thread and explain it was streamlined because the technology made writing and stats obsolete "and that's a good thing"
The problem with making retarded sounding accounts like "xxPwner98PL" is that when I wanted to make an account like this elsewhere I realized I need my pretend age to be in the 2000s in order to be a stupid teen and that's a hard nick to make without looking suspicious.

I'm not intending to come across as trollish. Also, there is a reason behind my account name, you don't have to make fun of it.

Space Insect

Arcane

I'm just saying I saw someone hate it simply because there weren't enough people in the civil war.

I just feel like some of the "criticisms" against it that various people have stated are a bit exaggerating and unnecessary. Some of the complaints others have listed could easily be seen as improvements, like the quest marker for example, it just depends on your views, opinion, and perspective.

I'd list the reasons, but I would just be repeating myself, and most people would likely simply dismiss my agrimony so anyway, so I won't bother.

If you really want to talk, explain. Explain why all of this you think is good is good. Explain your perspective. Don't just cop out and say that we don't have the right perspective to like it.

xkilljoy98

If you really want to talk, explain. Explain why all of this you think is good is good. Explain your perspective. Don't just cop out and say that we don't have the right perspective to like it.

That's not what I said, I just said that I know this argument is going to be pointless because most do you are just going to say I'm wrong anyway, also again, I feel like a lot of the arguments listed in this thread (and others like it) are pointless complaints.

Most of my arguments can be summed up here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LEI4yS7sFEw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHa8c2EPFNY

I don't feel like typing a Novel, can't we just leave it at that, it would take forever to list my counter arguments against all of these complaints there are over 200 pages in this thread alone. If you really want to know I'll tell you some other time, not when it's this late.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom