Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #5: $450k raised, three more stretch goals unlocked

Disgruntled

Savant
Heh one side gets a backhanded apology, the other has an advocate featured prominently in a ks update hinting her inclusion as an npc. The reason gamergate got such a head of steam is that the non-gamers railroaded their bullshit unopposed for a good year or two.
Keep out faggity activists and nerd pandering celebs just like you censor the gamergaters please.

Anywho this storm in a teacup is not why I hesitate to throw in my money. Do they plan to put this up for more than $15? cause that ks value option is seriously lacking. Combined with the meh stretch goals and small size, Im still looking at it like something I can wait and buy after release day (p)reviews. Fair enough they are going on the pedigree of Dragonfall, but I expect a good reason to buy now instead of later.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Honestly I wished this law was adopted:

"Any gamming activist of any ideology or political affiliation will have his dick cutted and her vagina tied up for the crime of making the life of sane people a misery."

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Honestly I wished this law was adopted:

"Any gamming activist of any ideology or political affiliation will have his dick cutted and her vagina tied up for the crime of making the life of sane people a misery."
But then the trannies win.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
f6018210bd77490e7559845e56ec5cd6_large.jpg

Damned Registrations

Above all I hope they make the matrix faster when they revamp it. It feels really backward that everything takes longer in the matrix because of all the animations on everything moving around. It's obvious why they did it, but watching your avatar casually stroll around in there like a meatbag feels really dumb. Would be kind of miffed if they added a bunch of other stuff (mechanics for stealthing through) but left that part the same.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Nice to see this thing chugging along. Crazy to think that before this one, I haven't pledged to a KS since Torment. I know everybody's busy actually working on their games but it really feels like the incline is a little tentative.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One thing HBS could do better is marketing. There are barely any news in the press about this project. They should reach out to the youtube crowd as well (through TB, Angry Joe and the like).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ They probably already did. When you talk to devs one thing is recurring no matter what: they all talk about how hard it's gotten to reach the press with Kickstarter-stuff.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's harder to get people excited when they've already played the game twice as the perception shifted from "OMG! Shadowrun's back! It's gonna be SO AWESOME!!!" to "Hmm... Another Shadowrun game. Well, the first game was shit/letdown/kinda meh/good for what it is/a noble effort/good, but the expansion improved thing so yeah... I'll pick it up on the first Steam sale."

Damned Registrations

Did TB ever check out DMS/DF when they came out? Would do miracles for the kickstarter if he did a video on Dragonfall in the next couple weeks. I seem to recall him being very favourable towards the X-Com game.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did TB ever check out DMS/DF when they came out? Would do miracles for the kickstarter if he did a video on Dragonfall in the next couple weeks. I seem to recall him being very favourable towards the X-Com game.
TB did make a WTF is for DMS, but not for Daggerfall. He was quite happy with the game, though I think his final opinion on the new X-Com wasn't very positive, according to his top 2012 games explaining why it wasn't in there if I recall correctly.

Diablo169

Arcane
TB did make a WTF is for DMS, but not for Daggerfall. He was quite happy with the game, though I think his final opinion on the new X-Com wasn't very positive, according to his top 2012 games explaining why it wasn't in there if I recall correctly.

Actually he nominated Dragonfall in his own video games awards for 2014 in the expansions and DLC category. Spoke very highly of it.

By the same token he's stayed away from making videos for kickstarter projects for ages now. Will probably get a tweet out of him before the campaign is over but I would be surprised if a video appears.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's harder to get people excited when they've already played the game twice as the perception shifted from "OMG! Shadowrun's back! It's gonna be SO AWESOME!!!" to "Hmm... Another Shadowrun game. Well, the first game was shit/letdown/kinda meh/good for what it is/a noble effort/good, but the expansion improved thing so yeah... I'll pick it up on the first Steam sale."
Shit, just realised I spent more on shadowrun then on AoD. Will make it right after the GOG release though :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom