Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #43: Shadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign Released

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's fun.
And I really enjoyed walking around with a char carrying Cyberspurs, a HVAR, a Minigun and a Panther Assault Cannon all at the same time AND being able to put all of them to good use in a single fight.

Magnificate

Novice
Why would I want that? The name of the game aint "Start-a-cafe-mocha-latte" it's "Shadow-run" - keep yo SIN biatch. Haha yes, very satisfying.
I would want that. It offers nice bookends, since the game begun with the SIN being burned. In fact, this is much better than the initial motivation provided by the game. Why would I care about Krait? She screwed me over, but the decision to do so wasn't hers and it wasn't personal on her part.[/quote]
I assume this is the last update and there won't be new content? If so I'll do the definite playthrough, with Laser-Rifle Decker or perhaps the Mono-Whip Shaman for added coolness factor.

Archibald

Arcane
Good news, because frankly, HK was pretty lacking in content, hopefully they remember to add battles this time.

Is more combat really needed? In the older Returns and Dragonfall I sometimes got crazy that a area never ended thanks to wave and wave of enemies.

The way game is structured (isolated maps) is perfect for combat encounters, I'd assume thats what people playing these Shadowrun games would want and expect.

Ezrite

Learned
The way game is structured (isolated maps) is perfect for combat encounters, I'd assume thats what people playing these Shadowrun games would want and expect.

I think Hong Kong had a good balance in combat and non combat. To much combat against generic corp thugs end up being dull in the end. You know, like all those new action RPGs like Mass Effect? Battler Nr:1341 ends up rather dull, jsut that this is turnbased. But mind you, I love this game, what I do not love is the decking part so much but I got used to it.

V_K

Arcane
It makes sense for the expansion to be combat-heavy - it's designed for high-level characters, and having your build perfected through the main campaign only to do a few more skillchecks doesn't sound very exciting.
That said, there's still quite a few battles you can avoid through a little exploration and dialog.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Fuck the audio commentary has terrible recording quality, compared to how awesome the Deus Ex one was this is very bad.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Accomplished two side missions. So far so good.

Actually i thought that non-backers would be charged for the mini-campaign. See no problem paying them considering their usual price tag related to amount of fun provided. Still nice surprise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom