Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #10: $600k raised, three more stretch goals unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

It's been almost a week since our last newspost about Shadowrun: Hong Kong. In that time, the Kickstarter has slowly edged its way up to 600,000 dollars of funding, unlocking three more stretch goals, including the final two companion side missions and an expanded magic system. In the latest Kickstarter update, HBS explain why two of the companions don't have dedicated side missions:

Our favorite (former) Red Samurai/Ghoul's personal side mission = UNLOCKED! Thanks so much for the opportunity to make it.

In case you were wondering about Wu and Racter's personal side missions, we assure you that there's a plan. At the basic level, their stories will be part of shadowruns we've already planned (similar to how Dietrich's background was tied into the Humanis run in DF). But, of course, there's more to it than that... aaaaand that's all we're gonna tell you. :D

Just rest assured, we're not going to create two cool characters like these and not give you the chance to find out what makes them tick! We're confident that when you experience the story, they'll feel fully fleshed out like the rest of your crew.

And now that you've succeeded in unlocking Gaichu's personal mission, it's on to THE MATRIX!

The Shadowrun Returns team nearly killed themselves to get our original Matrix art and gameplay in the game and we're still extremely proud of that effort. But just like Thorin and Company, we ache to return again and make things right.

Onward!​

Other recent news includes a Kickstarter update from yesterday introducing designer Kevin Maloney, who confirms that, like Dragonfall, Shadowrun: Hong Kong will have a hub area that serves as a home base for your party. There's also an hour-long interview podcast with Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman at a business-oriented site called Binpress, in which they tell the story of their careers from a business development perspective. Pretty interesting stuff, actually. Anyway, on to the Matrix. It's gonna take a while.

almondblight

Arcane
It's interesting that the bump from being mentioned by other Kickstarters seems to be greater than the bump from news articles.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
That particular KS is wildly successful, plus they said that Weisman is a long time mentor of some of their team, so that had a somewhat positive influence. It hasn't caused the money to flow that much faster anyway.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
"PC Only Release

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is being developed for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems only.
We have elected to focus all our efforts on PC in order to deliver the best game we can without the current processing and memory limitations of tablets.
This focus allows us to have higher-fidelity visuals, larger map sizes, and more stuff on screen."

:yeah:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who are the exploding cats guys ?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

backers
$3,223,268
pledged of $10,000 goal

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens/posts/1114231

Finally, we love you. And that’s why we want to share with you the things that we on the Exploding Kittens team love. Here's a Kickstarter that we love:

Shadow Run: Hong Kong from Harebrained Schemes

A Shadowrun cyberpunk cRPG set in 2056's Magically Awakened Hong Kong by the developers of Shadowrun Returns & Dragonfall.

This is a particularly meaningful campaign for us because it was started by Elan’s long time mentor, Jordan Weisman. A veteran of the video game world, this campaign just continues his reign of awesome.

Congrats to the Shadowrun team for their incredible success. Please consider backing their project!

naossano

Cipher
"PC Only Release

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is being developed for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems only.
We have elected to focus all our efforts on PC in order to deliver the best game we can without the current processing and memory limitations of tablets.
This focus allows us to have higher-fidelity visuals, larger map sizes, and more stuff on screen."

:yeah:

Actually, i am very impressed they managed to put on a tablet, something the scale of Dragonfall...

Mieron

Novice
It got a boost of about 35k so far, maybe 27-28 more than they would've gotten otherwise. Hoping more kitten-backers check their updates and go for it, since I'd rather see the Matrix revamp (and more goals) sooner.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That interview was great. I have a lot of respect for Jordan, and battletech is a great game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom