Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

DeepOcean

Arcane
Back online after a vacation and looking at the released modules. Haven't really found a quality one yet... anyone have suggestions?

Thinking I want to add to my mission if I ever upload it, not just release some small dungeon.

Willing to try this one?
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/31273/beta-the-deep-one-chapter-1-complete
I don't have the saves from my campaign anymore.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Has anybody made a Heart of Fury style version of the game that replaces existing encounters with high level encounters and allows you to import your end game character back to the beginning?

I have seen the Replayable Dead Man's Switch campaign, but that doesn't increase the difficulty for the player.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I really wish they allowed scripting through an actual scripting language. It's so much faster to do that than to use their preset nodes once you get the workflow down, and being able to use your own functions would save lots of time.

Jackalope

Arcane
I finally finished the map layout and even drew a custom portrait for the main NPC character... Now comes the tricky part: Making the quests, triggers and conversations.

1s0h4m2.jpg

Fwl004f.jpg

Machine

Arbiter
I finally finished the map layout and even drew a custom portrait for the main NPC character... Now comes the tricky part: Making the quests, triggers and conversations.

Those doors look pretty good, nice job.

NotTale

Learned
Did you make those 2x2 doorways yourself? Or have I missed them in the set?

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well i have used the editor for a while and created a somewhat decent area... however i do have a few problems. Do anyone know if you can "move" a object within the game world for example a wall so you switch a wall with a closed panel with one that have a open one.

Also... i cant get the vents to look good T.T anyone that have figured out how to place them in a good way?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Instead of moving the object, try making a new one and deleting the old one.

NotTale

Learned
Yes, you can move them. It's operated by triggers. You have to assign a tag to the props (and maybe even an interaction, if I recall), and then you trigger them to move using a script under the props category.

The campaign uses this several times, such as to replace an object when it's interacted with. On the interaction a new prop comes in and the old prop goes away.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ok thanks i hope i have a somewhat short test map done soonish then :P

Anyway that have been able to make a good vent system?

Machine

Arbiter
Tried creating moving lights script with some success I just don't think engine was meant to deal with this. :lol: Random other lights in the screen turn to literal black and framerate kinda drops (could be my computer being shit though). But moving props are a possibility, it looks pretty smooth too.
Here's what I did:

so i wanted to have light move from x -40 to x -47 and back again, created 2 events and triggers to listen for them, and a FLOAT variable (with 0.01 initial value).

event1

IF lightpos is greater or equal to -7

add -0.01 to lightpos
move prop light (x + lightpos, y, z)
send event1 after 0.01 delay

ELSE

send event2

event2

IF lightpos is less than or equal to -0.01

add 0.01 to lightpos
send event2 after 0.01 delay

ELSE

send event1

There's probably more elegant way to do this, but didn't bother much with this since I saw engine deals poorly with lights moving. Could be useful for other things like vehicles and such though.

Liston

Augur
event1

IF lightpos is greater or equal to -7

add -0.01 to lightpos
send event1 after 0.01 delay

ELSE

send event2

event2

IF lightpos is less than or equal to -0.01

add 0.01 to lightpos
send event2 after 0.01 delay

ELSE

send event1

I didn't use the editor so I have no idea about its syntax but something like this is more elegant if possible:

Code:
eventLightMove

IF lightPos < -7 OR lightPos > -0.01
  set lightPosDeltaX to -lightPosDeltaX
END IF

add lightPosDeltaX to lightPos
move prop light (x + lightPos, y, z)
send eventLightMove after 0.01 delay

Just initiate lightPosDeltaX with 0.01 and LightPos with 0. You could also use variables instead of literals for minX, maxX and eventLightMoveTimeInterval to make your script easily modifiable.

Machine

Arbiter
Thing is, editor is pretty rigid with its scripting, you have to work your way with preset parameters. It has some limited use of logic (AND/OR) but loops seem pretty basic. Your solution looks pretty good though, it gave me some ideas ;)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jacked Up in the Steam Workshop is worth a play.
The writing is p. bad. This guy...likes ellipses...a lot...

It's like...I'm playing...Squall...

...Whatever...

The maps really need some polishing too. I could see the taxi "scene" from the bar. And he does something I don't like that is to have the map end in limbo and 4x4 fills everywhere. It looks lazy.

Also fixed character is lame.

Last edited:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Maybe I am just retarded, branching seems very difficult to implement and faction dynamics just plain impossible.

yeah, the dialogue editor is simply utter shit. big dialogues get lost because of the missing side scroll option. the identation setting doesn't help that much. you can't link pc nodes and you have to create an empty pc node to get conditional checks on npc nodes... welcome to clusterfuck. eventually you get the job done but it's totally clunky and needlessly "complicated". obsidian's dialogue editors are so much more powerful.

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Jacked Up in the Steam Workshop is worth a play.
The writing is p. bad. This guy...likes ellipses...a lot...

It's like...I'm playing...Squall...

...Whatever...

The maps really need some polishing too. I could see the taxi "scene" from the bar. And he does something I don't like that is to have the map end in limbo and 4x4 fills everywhere. It looks lazy.

Also fixed character is lame.

Fixed char runs can be great for telling a story. I agree with the ellipses, and there are some spelling and grammar errors. He also uses shadowrun lingo too much, but the writing isn't bad. Maps were good, I don't see the problem. Also I liked the C&C part of the halloweeners level, very well executed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom