Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd like to think my character went over to Berlin after dealing with some insectoid invasion in Seattle.

But then I decided I wasn't going to play as an adept again and rolled a Troll with a beard and a pipe who was a mage and I
ended the dragons and thus the world.

eXalted

Arcane
Playing for first time with the Pyro spell (set squares on fire) and having a blast. Gotta love how the AI walks right through them.

I don't count this for AI stupidity. If they were walking around them, it would make the spell useless.

:flamesaw:

Cadmus

Arcane
shit guys you guys I started playing this 3 days ago and I've spent all my free time on the game so far. It's absolutely amazing. I think I'm near the end, gotta sleep on it and finish it tomorrow.So far it looks about twenty times more atmospheric, better writen and better combat than in Wasteland 2 :negative:

The dialogues alone are far superior than in Wasteland 2. Fuck, even the text is formatted better and a pleasure to read whereas in W2 the text was always in some kind of a strange blob of a paragraph and it was annoying to look at. Better dialogue choices, too, lol. I mean, more realistic and fun and I always find something that I want to say. The game appears to be smaller and of course linear but I can't see how W2 could be better - I quit somewhere near the stupid nomad camp but done I think all the lower areas there so I got a picture of what the game plays like and I didn't like it very much. I'll wait for all the patches and shit and try again. This however, totally grabbed me, the same way as D:OS and MMX. What a glorious year it's been for RPGs!
I'm now in the inner-inner area of the manor, going to confront the bad guy scientist or whatever awaits me down there!

Cadmus

Arcane
How can this game have better graphics than W2? It's a sequel (not even that as I understand? Just a new campaign?) to an overfunded tablet game, lol. Better combat options.. The only thing I hate is the non-customizability of your team. I play on Hard and it's just so so hard so that the fights are difficult but I've never lost a fight so that I'd have to reload. I probably should have tried Very Hard but I knew fuck all about the rules and setting so I thought it'd be stupid thing to do on the first run.

Great music, too, by the way. Great art direction!! I love it!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Heheh WL2 ?

giphy.gif

This game's short and sweet.
It didn't overstay its welcome. Less than 20 hours and I'm done with most things.
Well worth the sale price. Can't wait for Shanghai.

Last edited:

naossano

Cipher
How can this game have better graphics than W2? !

Because the WL2 graphics are utter shit and get in the way on appreciating the game while the shadowrun games had the best graphics i've seen in years.
So, in my opinion, best graphics are better than utter shit graphics.

Cadmus

Arcane
Because the WL2 graphics are utter shit and get in the way on appreciating the game while the shadowrun games had the best graphics i've seen in years.
So, in my opinion, best graphics are better than utter shit graphics.
Yeah, I mean...Fargo comes of as an incompetent idiot when his super duper oldskool RPG has worse presentation and combat than a tablet game.
Do you guys agree that the dialogues are better in SR?
I absolutely love that they put so much care into the character portraits, always maintaining a consistent tone across all the chars and they even change depending on their age and stuff. This is the first game where I've read everything ever so far. All the terminals and shit, I'm engrossed in the story, I can't wait to find out more about what's going on.

naossano

Cipher
I found the dialogs great in SR, but i haven't seen enough of WL2 to comment further than the presentation and the gameplay mechanics.
I intend to continue it when i've finished WL1, which i am not far to. (although i am not sure if i can recommand it. Too combat heavy for my taste)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Loving this game.
The combat is not brilliant but is perfectly fine and interesting, with some very nice and tense set-pieces and quite challenging on hard+. As opposed to WL2 combat that made me uninstall the game after the first encounter.
I actually liked that you can't customize your companions very much; it gave them personality and forced you to make do with what you had, which created interesting challenges.

Graphics are very nice, suit the setting, and make it easy to see what's going on (as opposed to WL2, again). Music is good.

The story is quite good, with nice atmosphere, good twists and moral dilemmas. There were at least two missions where I took the choices that I thought were the standard good decisions in RPG-logic and ended up thinking "what the FUCK did I just do" and feeling very stupid. The story, surprisingly, gets better towards the end of the game, which means you won't be left with a bitter aftertaste like after finishing D:OS.

Also, German cyberpunk with dragons, what's not to like?

It's not JA2 in tactical combat and not PST in writing, but good enough in both to make it a great game.

Lhynn

Arcane
Worst part of SSR is the character system, they need to improve that shit.

Greatness

Cipher
The character systems have been the worst part of every one of the recent "incline" titles.

:balance:

Lhynn

Arcane
NEO Scavenger has an awesome Character System.
It works for that game, but its far too simplistic and it has no character progression.

I liked Exiles character system, also ToME character system is pretty good.

Morkar Left

NWN and NWN2 had good character systems as well as RoA titles and Drakensang titles, Megatraveller 1 + 2 ... to make it short; the best char systems come from table top games

:martini:

Cadmus

Arcane
I just finished the game! It was amazing...maybe it's better to say an amazing experience. I had so many moral dilemmas in this game like probably in no other and it was because of a few things:
1) the atmosphere is consistent and the world believable so I cared about it
2) a few times I'd witnessed some consequences of my actions so that I was wary of what might happen, I believed the game wasn't faking all the dialogue choices. It doesn't matter if it faked them or not, my immersion was not broken.
3) the leveling and karma systems were done so well so that I never once had the urge to take an option I didn't like just to get more XP or karma or anything

my ending was:
I let the fucking dragon and its astral form burn to hell in the bunker. I freed the APEX but didn't let it take control of the dragon. Fuck them all.

What did you guys do?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just finished the game! It was amazing...maybe it's better to say an amazing experience. I had so many moral dilemmas in this game like probably in no other and it was because of a few things:
1) the atmosphere is consistent and the world believable so I cared about it
2) a few times I'd witnessed some consequences of my actions so that I was wary of what might happen, I believed the game wasn't faking all the dialogue choices. It doesn't matter if it faked them or not, my immersion was not broken.
3) the leveling and karma systems were done so well so that I never once had the urge to take an option I didn't like just to get more XP or karma or anything

my ending was:
I let the fucking dragon and its astral form burn to hell in the bunker. I freed the APEX but didn't let it take control of the dragon. Fuck them all.

What did you guys do?
I let APEX control the Dragon if I remember correctly. I want a future where SKYNET controls everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom