Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jennifer Hepler left BioWare this week to begin work on a book about narrative design and do some freelance work.
Hooray!

A gaming industry that caters to niches is a gaming industry where people like Jenny Hepler don't have a job.
I dunno, she's cowritten modules for P&P games. She's not less qualified than David Gaider, who was hired simply because he was recommended by an employee and ran a homebrewed play-by-mail game.

Nael

Arcane
Jennifer Hepler knows what side she's on: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/46...rassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

250px-Jennifer_Hepler.jpg

Ohh this tub of lard again trying to justify it's existence? :lol:

Someone with a twitter account tell the tub of lard with the economy the way it is... we don't want 6 hour long movies with 15 mins gameplay for 60$ + leeching DLC just to keep talentless hacks in business and turnover in billions of US$ of Big corporate Publishers.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No 'down for it' option?

And Hepler's comments about being new player unfriendly is retarded. People write walkthroughs/let's plays/class guides (for mmo's) for damn near every game for FREE. Any moron can grab that shit and learn to play if by some freak accident they can not work it out via the game/manual itself.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Some people just don't take kindly to 'Normal' being challenging.
e.g: Ducktales Remastered.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I too think that a female is useless if she is not attractive to my penis.
She isn't useless because she's not attractive. She's useless because she lacks talent and intellect, and she's unattractive because she can't be bothered to put down the cake rolls and take a walk or something.

Gondolin

Arcane
Plague of game dev harassment erodes industry, spurs support groups

Developers, both named and those who wish to remain anonymous, tell Polygon that harassment by gamers is becoming an alarmingly regular expected element of game development. Some developers say the problem was among the reasons they left the industry, others tell Polygon that the problem is so ubiquitous that it distracts them from making games or that they're considering leaving the industry.

The problem has become so pronounced that International Game Developers Association executive director Kate Edwards tells Polygon that the organization is looking into starting support groups and that while the harassment isn't yet having a major impact on game development, "we're at the cusp of where it could."

Guess what, people. It's harassment time again! With Helper given ample article space.

I too think that a female is useless if she is not attractive to my penis.
She isn't useless because she's not attractive. She's useless because she lacks talent and intellect, and she's unattractive because she can't be bothered to put down the cake rolls and take a walk or something.
:bro:

Smart Hot chicks are an ideal and out of my league. Smart Ugly > Dumb hot chicks, though both are cool.

Hamburger Helper is dumb, and probably illiterate judging by her short story. She deserves all the insult she gets.

And I have an inherent hatred for overweight people... since i have seen starving men kill each other over a paltry $1. Fat fucks who gorge are scum in my books.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom