Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
EE9B4F3DDCF303DF937116032340FC439387DA4D
:what:

Qu'est-ce que c'est que cette merde ?

Andyman Messiah!

vean

Scholar
BWfAuZV.png

Farts Arisen

6IbcDoy.jpg

For some reason this game looks a lot better in screenshots than in motion

oe29slB.jpg

:updatedmytxt:

RHXsa9b.jpg

772mSNU.jpg

gwR1ddn.jpg

catfood

AGAIN
9tzlPtO.png

Not bad, not good. Average. The Ireland levels were p. cool, and the second to last level as well, but that last level man. Having to kill a robot using poison gas. What the fuck man. What the fuck.

Riskbreaker

Ya enjoying it? That particular map from Hellfire Dreams had me stuck for quite some time. Great map tho, really creative and memorable.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't argue with that, the whole level was great, but I didn't expected so many tasteful images in Doom. It's not big when it comes to the number of levels, but it has got one of the best city themed maps I've seen.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
bxwqz9q.jpg

just played my first game of aoe on steam in a long time, got shit on then somehow ended up with most kills/razes xD

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01.jpg

Orcs rule.

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Enemy?

06.jpg

Breton fools leave their servants unguarded? We enslaved them.

08.jpg

And ravaged their farms.

09.jpg

brb fapping breton rape in skyrim

catfood

AGAIN
Play Civ 2
What are the advantages?
No stacks of doom. If a unit in a stack is destroyed, then all the units in the same stack are destroyed as well. This forces you to spread out your units instead of clumping them all together.

And since SMAC is the best Civ game out there it also comes with the system: when a unit in a stack is destroyed it explodes and deals collateral damage to others in the same stack. This way you don't lose your whole army in one shot. It will take several successful attacks to kill the whole army.

You can also give Call to Power 2 a go. It's a bit rough around the edges but it also solves the stack problem elegantly: each stack only has a maximum of 12 units. Not only that but you need to combine different types of units (melee, ranged and artillery) in order to make it a viable combat unit. Look up a gameplay video to get the idea.

Honestly Civ 4 is the worst game when it comes to combat thanks to the ugly stacks of doom (TM), whose problem is exacerbated due to the lack of control zones. Personally I find it unplayable without mods.

Blonsky

Prophet
Section 8: Prejudice

So its a Halo ripoff and im playing it in windowed mode on a shity older pc.
u3gGwRZ.jpg

The boss is pissed.
sjQmKo2.jpg

You are really ugly man.
0KzGMiy.jpg

Was standing there for 20 sec and still didnt notice me.
ajTkLbF.jpg

Ok lets take their fleet down before its out of dock.
pcfcxgC.jpg

Weeeeeeeee
hxiKOyk.jpg

Fucking moving one hit kill lasers.
ynqnMyf.jpg

Flash mode where you kill anything you hit in this speed but cant control movement well.
0kYx36f.jpg

Can carry only two weapons but alot of choices (what kind and the effects of it).
VeOIQ3o.jpg

Not that useful but it looks impressive.
xFyIGYS.jpg

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Play Civ 2
What are the advantages?
No stacks of doom. If a unit in a stack is destroyed, then all the units in the same stack are destroyed as well. This forces you to spread out your units instead of clumping them all together.

And since SMAC is the best Civ game out there it also comes with the system: when a unit in a stack is destroyed it explodes and deals collateral damage to others in the same stack. This way you don't lose your whole army in one shot. It will take several successful attacks to kill the whole army.

You can also give Call to Power 2 a go. It's a bit rough around the edges but it also solves the stack problem elegantly: each stack only has a maximum of 12 units. Not only that but you need to combine different types of units (melee, ranged and artillery) in order to make it a viable combat unit. Look up a gameplay video to get the idea.

Honestly Civ 4 is the worst game when it comes to combat thanks to the ugly stacks of doom (TM), whose problem is exacerbated due to the lack of control zones. Personally I find it unplayable without mods.

Going to install Total Realism mod. It fixes some problems with SOD.(like 14 limit per stack and -25% strength for stacking). + some other fixes (like you can't spread Judaism out of your country)
And an Iranian dude has made that :):bounce:

Riskbreaker

Unreal, Illhaven
E003D796864353B8ED5988174F563927678763C0

C38619C316AE91D304BBB8A07A41F53007B2F2F2

4D6DFFF7C67C5A8A2158DA504F5B64F743FF9828

3515239FB2A37912666128EEC2215B65CF2795CA

F3027F2075A4C91A858F2798EB4E85CA6C6F5427

468C58CFEA2741420A2FA8FCD72DFF53B7037F86

4CECA04369667FF50C438DDF0C2D4F3ABE93444B

BD6CFEB7642669F0F0693235B1143CCCF937407D

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom