Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
AaaadLe.jpg

Chocobo riding, wheeee

Finally, the long-awaited 1.1.0 Smash Brothers patch has added a youtube upload feature! It's truly becoming the finest RPG of our times.

yxZNY5.gif

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

AC194A3BFD99216FEFED88577124766F18D284F9

HAHA FILTHY GAIJIN PIGS CAN'T BREAK THROUGH THIS GLORIOUS DEFENSE WE HAVE EACH OTHERS BACKS COVERED

A horse of course

Daily reminder that Claire has friendzoned every man who went out of his way to rescue her

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fury of the Furries was one of my first ever ragequits. I remember that game was absurdly tough... when I was 6.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fury of the Furries was one of my first ever ragequits. I remember that game was absurdly tough... when I was 6.

My thoughts were exactly the same when the game was still fresh. After beating many other games in the genre returning and finally beating it wasn't so tiresome. The difficulty raises up, but it doesn't have one of those conversations " "remember the game x, that with the x level. Oh, yeah, what they were thinking?". I admit though, the one jungle level where you have to ride on a leaf and watch out for upcoming obstacles and enemies made me rage. You don't have to be 100 percent precise in a whole game, but sometimes it was just too much for me. The trolling last level was the real killer, with the Batman whooping me over and over again. It's not the level of new Rayman's, but it's still not a walk in the park.

Developer Kalisto made other titles like Dark Earth, Nightmare Creatures I and II, plus Ultimate Race Pro which had astonishing visuals for it's time (3dFX !!!)

Postmortem

Kalisto Entertainment declared bankruptcy in 2002, and company officials were found without fault by a criminal court in 2006. Civil trials are still under way. Nicolas Gaume was condemned to pay 200,000 euros by the French Stock Market Authority for repeated misinformation of his stockholders.

images

A horse of course

A few shots from the Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning private server. Very buggy, with a max level of 20 and only Nordland/Ostland/Troll Country are really in a playabe state, with quests hacked into some semblance of working order. I got bored and took some snaps before uninstalling. Still, it has around 200 players and there are small skirmishes going on. I guess you could say that it's nice to have a little monument to the old Warhammer world now that Games Workshop have literally blown up the setting.

ZWRcxCX.png
cM2RVYA.png
GGsndJO.png
ozLwAVw.png
aVhBmv7.png
LbzQPDH.png
UvthTCC.png
04FBTKl.png
05uxXA3.png
pBv3Fro.png
S3SY0m9.png
10vdp9r.png

A horse of course

blLu1sH.png

:hmmm:

Gynophobia (AKA Mana Stealers: The Game)

You start the game in your mother's room with her panties on the bed and bra on the floor, so I assume you masturbated into them like in that famous american novel by some Jewish author where he used his sister's underwear or whatever. Anyway, you wonder around the apartment and get scared by spiders or women ringing your doorbell (I can relate). Sometimes you interact with stuff to start a 10-20m horror-themed fps sequence that reminds me of early 00s PC shooters, then wake up and find some minor detail has changed in the house or get texts from your dad about what a disappointment you are. Ater the final boss you step outside your room, stamp on a spider and open the door to a hot chick. One of her eyes goes crazy for a second but I don't know whether that was supposed to happen or the developer messed up the animation. It's about 1hr long and reminded me of my first marriage. 10/10

xTzbAFx.png
B91MXWt.png
1dMa0Xh.png
HtOQAFE.png
X6S4s7A.png
WQFRk7G.png
aXhVwKQ.png
wQ6841J.png
L9I5fvl.png
eB5wKTi.png
kviqVqU.png
q0LyqL6.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
blLu1sH.png

:hmmm:

Gynophobia (AKA Mana Stealers: The Game)

You start the game in your mother's room with her panties on the bed and bra on the floor, so I assume you masturbated into them like in that famous american novel by some Jewish author where he used his sister's underwear or whatever. Anyway, you wonder around the apartment and get scared by spiders or women ringing your doorbell (I can relate). Sometimes you interact with stuff to start a 10-20m horror-themed fps sequence that reminds me of early 00s PC shooters, then wake up and find some minor detail has changed in the house or get texts from your dad about what a disappointment you are. Ater the final boss you step outside your room, stamp on a spider and open the door to a hot chick. One of her eyes goes crazy for a second but I don't know whether that was supposed to happen or the developer messed up the animation. It's about 1hr long and reminded me of my first marriage. 10/10

xTzbAFx.png
B91MXWt.png
1dMa0Xh.png
HtOQAFE.png
X6S4s7A.png
WQFRk7G.png
aXhVwKQ.png
wQ6841J.png
L9I5fvl.png
eB5wKTi.png
kviqVqU.png
q0LyqL6.png
I like that blinding white credits screen. What an asshole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom