Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

GOTYAY

Cassidy

Arcane
Time to fight the good fight versus the decline of Action RPGs' screenshots itt.

Putting babies in the oven is try-hard, shallow, cheap. This is real meta commentary:

5TfMYM0.jpg

oGbqJLA.jpg

More:

8f5ZcRE.jpg

Illustrated tutorial of how to git gud as an archer and defeat anything* without ways to hit you from a distance in Gothic 2 Night of the Raven even as a < level 10 scrub. Cheap other than for arrow consumption, but with this kind of character build it is utterly necessary to do this sometimes.

*Will not work against Trolls

mYf5T4q.jpg

In a very dangerous cave, another example of why exploration is good in this game. Were not for a fire rain scroll though, the taffer would have been whooped by the skeletal remnants of paladins known as Shadow Warriors, who are as scary in Gothic 2 as Hammer Haunts are in Thief.

OYkdyLt.jpg

Except that awesome looking two-handed sword, other than as something to be sold for a lot of gold, is useless for a dexterity-based merc.

Riskbreaker

Enjoyed BtSX E2 even more that E1. There is just so much more variety, both to visual themes and gameplay.
In any case, you are about to experience some of the most stunning vanilla-compatible maps out there.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm using the Tibsun + Firestorm that was made freeware some time ago by EA and it's working supersplendid on w7. Everything works as intended, no crashes, no tweaks needed.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm using the Tibsun + Firestorm that was made freeware some time ago by EA and it's working supersplendid on w7. Everything works as intended, no crashes, no tweaks needed.

I read that some people recommended to try to get a hold of the CD versions as they seem to be a bit better in terms of compatibility, but I’m not sure why or if it is even true.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.gamershell.com/download_55872.shtml

I'm fairly sure this is the one I'm using, anyway.

Try it, it's free!

Also, in regards to compatibility: The TibSun/RA2 engine was really damn solid, and I've never had any problems running these two on any computor or configuration, whether they were CD versions or something else. I'm fairly sure you could get any version of them and they would work fine.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time to fight the good fight versus the decline of Action RPGs' screenshots itt.

Putting babies in the oven is try-hard, shallow, cheap. This is real meta commentary:

5TfMYM0.jpg

oGbqJLA.jpg
Ah yeah, Piranha Byte's unique way of handling the teleportation of NPCS to different zones. Never could find the rest though.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Na trzy zdrowaśki do pieca #rozalka

I dunno wut dis means but I saw the ethnics brofistin it
It's from "Antek", a polish novel from 1880 about tough life in the country. Main char has to help in the field since age 5 and shit. His little sister (Rozalka) gets ill and homebrewed absinth doesn't help. Their mother gets a renowned healer, which orders that the girl has to sweat it out... in the oven. They bake her too long and she dies.

Sounds like a retarded fable, but it's typical polish grimdark. This is from a movie version of a classic school reading:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom